Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
That's the way it should be. Well done, Lot ^
So it is safe to assume that you now will change your residency to Poland
Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, MR Platinum, BW Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by graf0
From Łukasz? He is a good guy indeed.
Haven't run into him before Christmas, otherwise I would expect the same... But, for some reason, he is rarely present at flights I tend to depart on (mainly Sun afternoon)...
Yes, from Łukasz.
He is a great guy.. .makes much better job than whole LO crew based in WRO.... not to mention airport crew.

The easiest way to find Łukasz is weekday departure around 1-2PM when MUC, FRA and DUS arrive and departure.

I did not expect any other FT guy from WRO except my brother who is not local guy any more.

Lounge meeting ? My next flight is on Jan 4th.

Cheers,
Tomek

Last edited by tomekp; Dec 28, 2010 at 4:25 am
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:22 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I also got the greeting card mentioned in the first post.

I remember that as a german SEN I always got a christmas card that was machine printed and signed. As HON I got a card on the first day after christmas - but it did not have any seasons greetings or good wishes but only the message you've flown a lot in 2010, we hope you'll fly a lot in the 365 days of 2011 also. Very strange message IMO and very strange that they did not include seasons greeting.

As far as I heard from long time HONs the history of sending out very exclusive birthday and christmas present towards the 2010 birthday key fob and non christmas-card is very telling about the HON Circle programs enhancements of the past years.

HON Circle is not an exclusive program anymore. Let's see, what LH management can "enhance" in the future. What's left? Number of evouchers, award booking guarantee, limousine service or lounges/First Terminal in FRA or MUC...? We'll see...
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
I also got the greeting card mentioned in the first post.

I remember that as a german SEN I always got a christmas card that was machine printed and signed. As HON I got a card on the first day after christmas - but it did not have any seasons greetings or good wishes but only the message you've flown a lot in 2010, we hope you'll fly a lot in the 365 days of 2011 also. Very strange message IMO and very strange that they did not include seasons greeting.

As far as I heard from long time HONs the history of sending out very exclusive birthday and christmas present towards the 2010 birthday key fob and non christmas-card is very telling about the HON Circle programs enhancements of the past years.

HON Circle is not an exclusive program anymore. Let's see, what LH management can "enhance" in the future. What's left? Number of evouchers, award booking guarantee, limousine service or lounges/First Terminal in FRA or MUC...? We'll see...
With all respect - it was never -from day 1 - communicated in any HON literature that there would be fancy birthday presents and snazzy Christmas gift - yes it was nice to have but to take it for granted is a tad rich.

What enhancements are you talking about ? The closing of the Kassel Service Centre - yes that is really sour because Berlin sucks unfortunately more often than not - and in addition there is a serious attitude problem - the discontinuation of UA as HON miles - the reduction of Exec Bonus from 50 to 25 % - this should was all clear before you decided to whack out 11 or so K of for a shiny card. If you now feel shortchanged - sorry but that is though luck because you have not realized that HON is a tool for frequent flyers - and as Murphy already said the more you fly the more likely there is something that can and will go wrong and this is where HON kicks in - because more often than not it will ease the pain - it will help you when you arrive in foreign places - mostly eastwards which is my main direction and also assist on the return. Thus one needs to valuate the service promise on beforhand if it fits with your requirements rather than moan on feeling shortchaged on issues that were never communicated.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:49 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My first year as FTL (2000) I got a upgrade voucher on any LH/OS flight as a xmas present. As US based SEN I got the famous 20% off award vouchereach year 2006-2008. This year I got a birthday card and only the email for xmas.

BTW LH PR also only sends email greeting cards to the media. I'm on their mailing list too
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:21 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Originally Posted by tcswede
With all respect - it was never -from day 1 - communicated in any HON literature that there would be fancy birthday presents and snazzy Christmas gift - yes it was nice to have but to take it for granted is a tad rich.

What enhancements are you talking about ? The closing of the Kassel Service Centre - yes that is really sour because Berlin sucks unfortunately more often than not - and in addition there is a serious attitude problem - the discontinuation of UA as HON miles - the reduction of Exec Bonus from 50 to 25 % - this should was all clear before you decided to whack out 11 or so K of for a shiny card. If you now feel shortchanged - sorry but that is though luck because you have not realized that HON is a tool for frequent flyers - and as Murphy already said the more you fly the more likely there is something that can and will go wrong and this is where HON kicks in - because more often than not it will ease the pain - it will help you when you arrive in foreign places - mostly eastwards which is my main direction and also assist on the return. Thus one needs to valuate the service promise on beforhand if it fits with your requirements rather than moan on feeling shortchaged on issues that were never communicated.

Cheers

Thomas
Thomas, I don't see where I am moaning about beeing shortchanged. I certainly don't feel that way. And I really don't like that you post personal assumptions about me or my travel pattern.

But I do find it very strange how LH moves the HON programm from what it had been to what it is now. And not even getting a christmas card is one of the clear signs to see about those "enhancements". BTW, I don't really care about getting a personal christmas card - but in my business all of our active customers got handwritten cards and I feel LH could create a lot of goodwill by sending out some to their frequent travellers instead of that crap "we hope to see you alot onboard our planes in the next 365 days" message on a mass-mail stamped printed matter.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 6:21 am

In various threads tcswede and others have (correctly, in my experience) reiterated that responsive service when things go wrong is one of the most important, and unwritten, benefits of the HON program.

On the other hand I agree strongly with ralfkrippner's point about mass-mailed "season's greetings". Others will have their own preferences but if LH is going to send out greetings at this time of year, I'd like to see a card that says Merry Christmas/Frohe Weihnachten, not some politically-correct, gelded verbiage.

Then again why not save the postage on all the greeting cards and trinkets and put the money toward re-opening Kassel? Or (perhaps impractical in cities with huge numbers of HONs and SENs) do as the LH regional sales director in my area did: hold what one used to call a Christmas party to thank good customers and A* colleagues and to give folks the chance to chat about LH in a congenial setting.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by oliver2002
My first year as FTL (2000) I got a upgrade voucher on any LH/OS flight as a xmas present. As US based SEN I got the famous 20% off award vouchereach year 2006-2008. This year I got a birthday card and only the email for xmas.

BTW LH PR also only sends email greeting cards to the media. I'm on their mailing list too

Right, in the good old days we got many things. In these days we get nothing. How bad can M&M go?
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Question

Right, in the good old days we got many things. In these days we get nothing. How bad can M&M go?
Well, why don't you get status matched to Flying Blue Platinum? Maybe then you'll find a real reason to complain...

Sometimes I don't see the problems people seem to have.

Greetings
Florian, a lowly BD*G+
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
Thomas, I don't see where I am moaning about beeing shortchanged. I certainly don't feel that way. And I really don't like that you post personal assumptions about me or my travel pattern.

But I do find it very strange how LH moves the HON programm from what it had been to what it is now. And not even getting a christmas card is one of the clear signs to see about those "enhancements". BTW, I don't really care about getting a personal christmas card - but in my business all of our active customers got handwritten cards and I feel LH could create a lot of goodwill by sending out some to their frequent travellers instead of that crap "we hope to see you alot onboard our planes in the next 365 days" message on a mass-mail stamped printed matter.
Ralf,
my post was not drected at you personally - my apologies as this certainly was not my itention - but it was a generalization for some posters here on te LH board that continously feed the perception that they now as HON - should have LH fall over backwards for them - so that they feel pampered and HONoured enough - whatebver their vice is.
For many years a common missperception IMHO has been that LH HON is about gooddies - such as upgrades / lounge access etc - and what many forget the primary benefit is when something hits the fan.
This is were HON kicks in - it is to ease the pain when Murphy kicks in - nothing more and nothing less- and of course the more you fly the more likely there is someting bound to happen which is not what you expected - again that is the real benefit apart from easing the pain in general when travelling with the LH Integrated carriers.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:14 pm
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
For me the problem with these printed Christmas (and birthday) cards is that real money is spent on something that does not give me anything, because it is neither useful for me nor an indication that anybody thought of me. It is neither personal nor valuable, so an e-mail would be just as good without costing much. A signed card at least has the merit of (presumably) human interaction, a sign that somebody is aware of your existence.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
You might get nothing, but others get nice invitations to LH events. @:-)
Perhaps Cessna HONs aren't that high up in LH's priority after all ? What a shocker !

Last edited by Rambuster; Dec 29, 2010 at 5:11 pm
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Perhaps Cessna HONs aren't that high up in LH's priority after all ? What a shocker !
Thanks for reminding where some of us belong.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:53 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Perhapps Cessna HONs are anxious to get most stuff out due to their half-life within the Circle.

When I became HON I did not expect anything on top of the spelled out benefits and so each extra (e.g. invites, gifts) was very much appreciated as a nice attention. Getting one attention doesn't define a standard for the future however.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Getting one attention doesn't define a standard for the future however.
Right! I'll try and avoid being on a flight which arrives late with a very short connection to a longhaul in future as I may have exhausted my quota for a direct limo transfer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.