Search

423 cancelled but LH won't rebook my award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
423 cancelled but LH won't rebook my award ticket

Hi,

I was supposed to fly home today on LH423 from BOS but it was cancelled. LH says that I need to call BD since that's who I booked my award ticket with.

Unfortunately I can't get through to BD and even then I'm not hopeful of them being able to re-book since the LH guy on the phone said that they will have to re-book into I inventory which I don't see being available before Christmas.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Or am I just out of luck.
Thanks
Old Dec 21, 2010, 7:05 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
If LH cancelled this flight they have to provide you with transportation to your destination. It makes no difference if you hold an award ticket or a paid ticket. bmi will probably not be able to provide you with a new booking for a flight on I class a few days before christmas.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 9:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
BD can help you in off hours, check the Bmi Board for the PTS number to call. However don't expect much, they are very busy with LHR closed.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Doesn't the flight and PNR go into airport control on the day of the flight ?
Therefore LH should absolutely rebook you at earliest possibility in your ticketed cabin.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by jim739
Hi,

I was supposed to fly home today on LH423 from BOS but it was cancelled. LH says that I need to call BD since that's who I booked my award ticket with.

Unfortunately I can't get through to BD and even then I'm not hopeful of them being able to re-book since the LH guy on the phone said that they will have to re-book into I inventory which I don't see being available before Christmas.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Or am I just out of luck.
Thanks
Whenever reading something like this, I wonder whether this is one individual's failure or is it systemic? Meaning is the agent not well informed or does LH hope by misinforming agents or having them lieing to the customer to get rid of problems?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
During the ash cloud LH changed rules a few times but eventually ended up with the following:

• For passengers beginning their journey, change of fare bucket/compartment is not permitted
  • For passengers returning to their origin (going home), change of fare bucket within same compartment is permitted when booking new flight date (within a limited period)

So if your have not started a journey award tickets could only be re-booked into award inventory.

However, in the current situation rules seem to have been relaxed. ^ According to the LH Goodwill Policy posted by oliver2002 in the sticky.

Rebooking in any booking class within the same compartment is permitted!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.