LOT Polish lounge in WAW Schengen: 'Polonez'

Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
She seems to be pretty much everywhere these days — Kocham Cię Polsko, The Voice of Kids, quite a few films as well (I’m clearly not complaining, though ).
I only ever see most of the celebrities on billboards or in the gossip blogs, so can only judge them for the physical appearance :-). And indeed, she's easy on the eyes.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
10 years in Poland and I wouldn’t recognise any of these celebrities - by name or by face. The fact that I don’t watch TV or read the gossip mags might explain that.

The only one who ever registered with me was Ania Przybylska, and she’s sadly gone now.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:29 am

Slightly OT but I’ve noticed that the area around gate 26 (ING internet point, for ease of reference) is getting glass panels like those in the non-Schengen area (they’ve been working for at least 2 weeks now). I’m wondering whether the plan is to extend the extra-Schengen side i.e. make more gates available in order to accommodate larger aircraft and so avoid [the annoying] remote/bus arrivals/departures? QR, EK, BA, SU and the likes always get a gate, the issue is with LO really.

G
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:23 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I noticed the same. i guess they will be 'convertible' Schengen/non-Schengen gates like 4/4N and 5/5N.

Edit: flying to CPH tonight, they are also enraging Gold Track (I think they will add one more line) and the gates will indeed be common use (i.e. Schengen/non-Schengen) ones

Last edited by TPJ; Mar 14, 2018 at 10:59 am Reason: edit
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:35 am

[OT] Currently in the non-Schengen lounge (quieter now but we struggled to find a seat literally just 10 minutes ago) — the choice in terms of food is really poor and so has been for quite some time now.

Crab salad (really?), leek & salmon tart.

Let’s hope for a swift ‘turnaround’ with the new nearby lounge. [/OT]

G
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They changed the wine list just last week and unfortunately the French white is no more. I really enjoyed the Hugel while it lasted. Its been replaced with New World and more Polish wines. I think thats a pity. They're like boozey lemonade.

Last night the food was very good, lots of nice clean protein as usual. Cold roast beef is back but a little rare for my taste.

Btw, the olives are a feature of breakfast and they linger over lunch until they are finished.

Menu will change next month.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very nice Italian white has appeared in addition to the Polish wines. No roast beef today.

I just love those little chocolate macaron things.

Long delay so I’ll be here a while.

I see LAX, JFK, ORD have all gone out with full J cabins and staff tickets... so it’s very hard to estimate what’s really going on unless reviewing a few days in advance when they would not yet be cleared.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Very nice Italian white has appeared in addition to the Polish wines. No roast beef today.

I just love those little chocolate macaron things.

Long delay so I’ll be here a while.

I see LAX, JFK, ORD have all gone out with full J cabins and staff tickets... so it’s very hard to estimate what’s really going on unless reviewing a few days in advance when they would not yet be cleared.
We would have probably met had my 321 to Malpensa not been cancelled (the joys) Ah well, I'll shortly head to my local for a couple

G
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes many cancellations and delays today. I believe it’s WX. Definitely not tech. Too many flights and differing EQP types. Otherwise DCS issues.

Just saw IEG cancelled. Not that it’s a big deal...
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Yes many cancellations and delays today. I believe it’s WX.
Indeed - it was quite thundery up to roughly an hour ago (and the local Met Office had actually issued a warning for this afternoon).

G
Old May 9, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
LO should switch to 1-2-1 reverse herringbone in C on their 787s and market the bejesus out of having the most exclusive business class product in CEE (well, Europe even). It's not like they need to keep that densified 2-2-2 up front due to it being highly fillable (cf LH or BA CW).
mnvl and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Hi guys - quick question.

Does LOT allow access to lounges on domestic flights?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: M&M mainly
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Hi guys - quick question.

Does LOT allow access to lounges on domestic flights?
Yes.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Keep in mind all LOT domestic flights are economy-only. On domestic flights, the LOT Polonez lounge is accessible for Miles&More FTL, SEN, HON and other Star Alliance Gold pax, and also for pax connecting between an international business class flight and a domestic economy one (need to be on the same booking).

In regional airports, all the lounges are contract lounges. Usually *G and pax connecting in WAW to a LOT business class flight can access the regional airport lounges (need to show both boarding passes), but FTLs need to pay. In some airports, e.g. WRO, Star Alliance Silver pax can pay a reduced fee of 49 zł for lounge access, instead of the standard 89 zł.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:06 am

I will be flying LOT business class MIA-WAW-DEL on a United miles award ticket in winter.
There is a long (9+) hours layover at Warsaw.
What lounges will I have access to, and do they have a time limit?
I also have Priority Pass lounge access, so I could split the time between two lounges if needed.
Any suggestions?

Alternatively, if the weather is "not too cold" would you recommend a quick sightseeing trip to the city?
What would you recommend, and what are the best public transit travel options?

Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.