Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish lounge in WAW Schengen: 'Polonez'

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Correct- I have been in this area and there is nothing really special about it other than it is cordoned off.....
True. The only advantage I can actually think of is seat availability at peak-times. It's a great vanity spot too, with all the recognition you get from guests passing this area on their way to the bathroom.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Will there be showers or a spa?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Checking on lot.com for lounge access in WAW for FTL, I no longer see options available (used to list their new business lounge)... A glitch or has this been enhanced, too? Thanks

The reply:

Dear Sir
Since 1st of January 2013 only passengers with at least golden card have an access to these lounges.

So, in a home base hub airport of a fully integrated Miles and More airline there is no access to the lounge for certain status customers of Miles and More...

Last edited by olm022; Feb 26, 2013 at 5:57 am
Old Feb 26, 2013, 7:39 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by olm022

So, in a home base hub airport of a fully integrated Miles and More airline there is no access to the lounge for certain status customers of Miles and More...
I believe they are wrong.

I flew to IST the other day and asked in the main LOT lounge (POLONEZ in Schengen area) if I could use the PPL (Polish Airport Authorities) lounge in the non-Schengen area (i.e. after Immigration). They told me that as long as I am *G, I can use the PPL lounge (in the non-Schengen area), but if I am an FTL I can only use the Schengen lounge (POLONEZ). So I believe FTL's are still admitted to the POLONEZ lounge.

PS> The PPL non-Schengen lounge is even nicer than the POLONEZ lounge.

Last edited by TPJ; Feb 26, 2013 at 7:44 am
Old May 18, 2013, 2:18 pm

Can someone clarify what's the situation with lounge access at WAW for FTL?

- lot.com website shows no lounge access for FTL (!)
- lufthansa/swiss websites show Polonez lounge as accessible

I thought the general policy of M&M is that airline-owned lounges are open to FTL. Polonez is owned by LOT.
I flew through WAW on Jan 3rd and I had no problems getting into the lounge then.
Old May 18, 2013, 6:34 pm

Polonez isn't owned by LOT. It isn't even run by LOT. It just has a LOT sign in front.

Official rules grant FTL access with a *A boarding pass on the same day. I've read reports on people being denied access with an SK boarding pass though, so they might be playing some shenanigans every now and then.
Old May 19, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by olm022
Welcome to ZAG (OU), LJU (JP), and now WAW as well, it seems...

(I know it's an old post I'm quoting, but the trend is evident)

Ultimately, it's about who runs the lounge. If the airline in question is too puny to actually have an own lounge, all of us FTLs are ignored.
Old May 19, 2013, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
Ultimately, it's about who runs the lounge. If the airline in question is too puny to actually have an own lounge, all of us FTLs are ignored.
In case of WAW, I'm pretty sure the airport authority is to blame, rather then the airline.
Old May 19, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
LO ticket + FTL and you can use Polonez, that's for sure.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:32 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
FYI they are building a dedicated lounge-within-a-lounge for C. As per the Lounge Rep it is almost done, but she was not sure when it is going to be inaugurated and what the exact access rules would be. One would have to enter the Schengen lounge as normal and then entrance to this C lounge would be next to the second bar area.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:09 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Does anyone know if there are plans for another lounge in the new/rebuilt terminal that's opening next year?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
There used to be one over there, so let's cross fingers that it is going to be reopened. If so, the service level will likely be similar to the small airport operated lounge that is located directly under the LO Schengen lounge.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by TPJ
FYI they are building a dedicated lounge-within-a-lounge for C. As per the Lounge Rep it is almost done, but she was not sure when it is going to be inaugurated and what the exact access rules would be. One would have to enter the Schengen lounge as normal and then entrance to this C lounge would be next to the second bar area.
Here is the picture of the entrance that I took earlier today:

The extension was still closed. Two things strike me. It is not called a Senator lounge, and there is no star alliance or airline signs by the entrance (not yet, perhaps?)
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:27 pm

Wow, looks like a pretty shady strip joint.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lack
Wow, looks like a pretty shady strip joint.
The font and the lighting of the letters are indeed a strange choice as is the "ELITE LOUNGE" name. Odd really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.