Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish lounge in WAW Schengen: 'Polonez'

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:14 am

So...I take it the LOT Business Lounge is still PLL run?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I reckon it's an airline lounge and not a contract one, because you cannot buy your way in like with the others.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I visited the new lounge yesterday.

I was quite impressed with it and also the buffet was fine compared with the previous one.

There was plenty of seats/areas available. In the old one at certain hours of the day it was difficult to find a single seat.

As others have mentioned, the wifi signal was very poor and at the end I decided to use one of the lounge computers.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by saviox
As others have mentioned, the wifi signal was very poor and at the end I decided to use one of the lounge computers.
folks, c'mon, it is not THAT bad, many times I have spent several hours there and used CISCO VoIP on my PC for loooong calls - wasn't great but worked OK. Are you sure that all your settings are fine and you have a recent technology in your mobile PCs?

mfk
Old Feb 25, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by MichalFKowalik
folks, c'mon, it is not THAT bad, many times I have spent several hours there and used CISCO VoIP on my PC for loooong calls - wasn't great but worked OK. Are you sure that all your settings are fine and you have a recent technology in your mobile PCs? mfk
Yes, our settings are OK, and yes, WiFi in new WAW lounge is bad except approximately middle of the lounge where WiFi is (barely) somehow usable.

Certainly PC's are different and their WiFi reception/transmission capabilities too. However normally WiFi in the lounge should be usable for any WiFi-capable device from iPhone to advanced laptops.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 2:54 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by usa18dca
So...I take it the LOT Business Lounge is still PLL run?
Yes - the Lounge reps may wear LO uniforms, but they are PPL employees - so do not count on any help with IROPs... they have no access to LO Amadeus and DCS/Check-in system...
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
folks, c'mon, it is not THAT bad, many times I have spent several hours there and used CISCO VoIP on my PC for loooong calls - wasn't great but worked OK. Are you sure that all your settings are fine and you have a recent technology in your mobile PCs?
Well, it's got something to do with their wireless equipment. I have had almost no success connecting with any Apple computers/devices (Macbook, iPad...), but my Blackberry was able to connect. Usually it would time out, occasionally I would connect, but not get an IP address.

BTW, I am an IT professional working for a large networking vendor, so IMHO, I know a little bit about that stuff. I went as far as sniffing the traffic, and assigning my IP manually by choosing a random IP in the subnet, and guessing the netmask and gateway values.

And I would say it's just *some* access points. On a few occasions I couldn't for the life of me connect from the lounge, but I went out to the gates, still caught a weak signal, and connected correctly (with DHCP working).
Old Feb 27, 2011, 1:38 am

hey,
I didn't mean to offend you guys - sorry!

Originally Posted by hdogan
BTW, I am an IT professional working for a large networking vendor, so IMHO, I know a little bit about that stuff. I went as far as sniffing the traffic, and assigning my IP manually by choosing a random IP in the subnet, and guessing the netmask and gateway values.
same here, hence my technical suggestion. I wasn't trying to say that the wireless there is great BUT I haven't experienced too many problems. But yes - I always sit in the middle of the lounge (next to the beer fridges).

good luck
mfk
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:38 am

BTW - just sitting in the lounge, next to the door and I must admit that the network signal is weak. Still working, but far from comfortable. mfk
Old Mar 22, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Honors Gold, National Executive Elite
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I guess I'll try.

I am flying ATH-WAW (ariving 6:05AM) and then WAW-HAM (leaving 6:25 the following day).

I assume I will have no problem accessing this lounge with my *G status on the way out to HAM, but what about when I arrive? Can I use this lounge as an arrivals lounge? Is there another option?

Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 23, 2011, 8:33 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by travellerK
I assume I will have no problem accessing this lounge with my *G status on the way out to HAM, but what about when I arrive? Can I use this lounge as an arrivals lounge? Is there another option?

Thanks for the help!
No Arrivals Lounge of any sort. You will not get to the departure level without a BP for the same day departure - it is like this for the last year or so - since they started re-building the older part of the terminal (aka T1). It doesn't make much sense, as you fly within Schengen... but it is like this...
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:52 pm

hey,

spoken with Lounge team today - they have improved their WiFi last weekend. Sitting now next to the enterance and I have all bars on my WiFi monitor.

best
mfk
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:15 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
spoken with Lounge team today - they have improved their WiFi last weekend. Sitting now next to the enterance and I have all bars on my WiFi monitor.
Good news. Now maybe it would be worth to see WAW as possible flight connection place again. Any other improvements? Shower, restrooms, food service etc.? (see previous messages in this thread)
Old Apr 28, 2011, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by hbush
Good news. Now maybe it would be worth to see WAW as possible flight connection place again. Any other improvements? Shower, restrooms, food service etc.? (see previous messages in this thread)
WELL - if lounge quality is an important reason for you - why not!

Shower - never used, it looks OK. Nothing much different (first sight) to MUC
Restroom - just one but still clean.
Food - I love Polish coldcuts with beer - that saves my day. No change I presume

It's not the best one I've ever been BUT it's definitely one of my favorites.

mfk
Old Apr 29, 2011, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*1K MM
Had an interesting experience with the new lounge last month

There was 3 of us - and of course I could get only one guest in.

So tried the old lounge downstairs because one traveller had a Priority Pass... but alas, the old lounge no longer takes Star Gold - so they took Priority Pass downstairs for one person, called upstairs and told all 3 of us to go there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.