Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish lounge in WAW Schengen: 'Polonez'

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:29 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Where are the iPads?

I am in the lounge now... no iPads... just normal 'paper' papers in Polish only... On the positive note... a fantastic improvement over this small lounge downstairs... Design is impressive: plant walls, waterfalls, but (let me moan a little) armchairs are very uncomfortable. Booze is exactly the same as in the lounge downstairs, there are new meal items... LOT name & logo was already removed from the lounge downstairs, so IMHO the lounge situation at WAW airport is as follows:

- XX*G - access to all lounges
- LO C pax - access to the new lounge and the non-Schengen lounge behind Passport control
- other *A C pax - any lounge other than the new one...
- oneWorld and ScaryTeam - any lounge other than the new one (as these are Airport Authorities and not airline lounges)

Also... the lounge reps in the new lounge are PPL (Airport Authorities) ladies and not LO employees... So one will not get any IROP assistance in the lounge...
Old Dec 26, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by TPJ
Booze is exactly the same as in the lounge downstairs
That's quite alright, I helped myself to quite a few drinks the last time around, and even got an op-up even though I'm SQ *G with no M&M status. Made my day.

Originally Posted by TPJ
- XX*G - access to all lounges
I'm hoping they keep it open to all *G status holders so I can give it a try next year. ^
Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:26 am
TPJ

Originally Posted by aster
I'm hoping they keep it open to all *G status holders so I can give it a try next year. ^

It is a Star Gold designated lounge, so I think it will stay this way...
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Is the free wifi already installed? Just asking because Europe is one tough place when it comes to such a basic commodity like free internet access.
Writing this from the new lounge in WAW. Yes, Wi-Fi is installed there - albeit not very good. Signal is very weak, specially at far end of the lounge (opposite to the entrance, closer to the restroom). My iPhone doesn't see WiFi at all there. Even in the middle of the lounge, where Wi-Fi signal seems to be a little bit more distinctive, it is low and unstable (link level 20%). They definitely need to install at least pair of additional access points at both ends of the new lounge.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Have you been able to take a peek at their equipment? I'm guessing they haven't gone with Cisco/Linksys...
Old Jan 7, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Have you been able to take a peek at their equipment? I'm guessing they haven't gone with Cisco/Linksys...
I couldn't find the access point / router / whatever. I even asked the Lounge Dragon, who happened to be quite nice girl She knew what wireless router is (!) but didn't know where it (or they) are located. She also said that lounge guests are often complaining about bad wireless connection.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
It is much more spacious than any other lounge in WAW. There are some very nice places with small waterfalls and green surroundings. They look very good, particularly these dark and snowy days.

I didn't like:
- insufficient power outlets
- wifi coverage was from fair to poor
- lack of toilets - just 1 male toilet
- very cheap booze. IMHO only white wine was drinkable. Some may enjoy Ballantines...
- not the most efficient personnel. dirty dish/glass may stay for an hour, nobody cares...

No lounge hopping permitted. They stamp boarding pass with the name of the lounge.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 2:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, MR Platinum, BW Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by dabee69
No lounge hopping permitted. They stamp boarding pass with the name of the lounge.
Actually they do that for lounge "clubbbing" hopping.... to avoid double charge to the airline. They register every guest. Sometimes they ask if you intend to visit another lounge and if you say NO they do not stamp.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by tomekp
Actually they do that for lounge "clubbbing" hopping.... to avoid double charge to the airline. They register every guest. Sometimes they ask if you intend to visit another lounge and if you say NO they do not stamp.
The old lounge is still operating?

Thanks,
Old Jan 9, 2011, 10:27 am
TPJ

Originally Posted by saviox
The old lounge is still operating?

Thanks,
Yes - it is...
Old Jan 9, 2011, 10:30 am
TPJ

Originally Posted by dabee69
- lack of toilets - just 1 male toilet
You are wrong - there is 1 male toilet at the far end of the lounge. There are few more in the area next to the reception (between the reception desk and the first bar area).
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:14 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
You are wrong - there is 1 male toilet at the far end of the lounge. There are few more in the area next to the reception (between the reception desk and the first bar area).
You are right. There is one additional toilet. Total, excluding disabled restroom, there are 2 male toilets each consisting of single toilet room and additional urinal.

I did enjoy shower. It was quite an adventure to get a towel from the lounge dragon. It seems that there not so many passengers have yet asked for shower and/or towels. No amenity kit, just plain and simple towel.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by tomekp
The lounge is one level above terminal but one way escalator goes down
Confirmed. As of today, there are quite steep stairs going up (nasty experience after previous long flight) and one escalator going only down. I somehow miss the logic there... Well, experienced and sharp-eyed passenger will notice an elevator nearby which can be used to go up to the lounge
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:34 pm

Actually that does sound logical. Since the steps are quite steep it's best to have people climb up while they're still sober... as opposed to having them go in the opposite direction after consuming copious amounts of body fuel.

I'm sure Flying Lawyer would agree here.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, MR Platinum, BW Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by hbush
Confirmed. As of today, there are quite steep stairs going up (nasty experience after previous long flight) and one escalator going only down. I somehow miss the logic there... Well, experienced and sharp-eyed passenger will notice an elevator nearby which can be used to go up to the lounge
Stairs and escalator are mainly used by non-shengen transit passengers... you may noticed one way security screening point next to the lounge entrance.

Simply math:
non-shengen pax + lounge guests > lounge guests
does it make more sense ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.