Wiki Posts
Search

LH Business Class Milan-London

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat
LH Business Class Milan-London

Hi everyone, I have a couple questions about an upcoming Lufthansa flight I'm taking next week from Milan, Italy to London Heathrow.

1) I booked my itinerary thru Continental and the flight I'm on shows on my itinerary as LH 3780, "operated by Lufthansa." However on the Lufthansa webpage, it says this flight is operated by British Midland. On the British Midland webpage, it says that this flight is operated by Lufthansa. So my question here is who exactly operates this flight??

2) This flight leaves Milan at 9:30PM and arrives in London at 10:30PM. What sort of meal service can I expect in Business Class at this hour?

3) What exactly is the rule for the number of carry-on bags for this flight? The LH webapge says that in Business class you are allowed to bring 2 items aboard, but then below that there is a disclaimer that says certain flights out of Italy are only allow you to bring 1 item aboard. Will I be able to bring 1 item or 2 aboard with me when I leave Milan?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
1/ It will be operated by LH. However if I am not totally mistaken LH Italy uses at least one wet-leased A319 from BD on the LHR-MXP route.

2/ Not entirely sure but I'd expect a standard C shorthaul meal.

3/ You should be fine with two bags. The disclaimer applies for routes that are served by small aircrafts but LHR-MXP vv. should be served by a A319.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:07 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Continited
1) I booked my itinerary thru Continental and the flight I'm on shows on my itinerary as LH 3780, "operated by Lufthansa." However on the Lufthansa webpage, it says this flight is operated by British Midland. On the British Midland webpage, it says that this flight is operated by Lufthansa. So my question here is who exactly operates this flight??
It will be a Lufthansa Italia flight operated by a BMI aircraft with BMI crew (some of whom speak Italian). On the BMI website if you hover the cursor over the flight number it will tell you that the operating airline is Lufthansa and that the aircraft owner is BMI.

2) This flight leaves Milan at 9:30PM and arrives in London at 10:30PM. What sort of meal service can I expect in Business Class at this hour?
I have only flown this route in Economy in late afternoon but the food was better than the average Lufthansa offering. I think you will get a hot meal in Business.

3) What exactly is the rule for the number of carry-on bags for this flight? The LH webapge says that in Business class you are allowed to bring 2 items aboard, but then below that there is a disclaimer that says certain flights out of Italy are only allow you to bring 1 item aboard. Will I be able to bring 1 item or 2 aboard with me when I leave Milan?
I believe there's still a disclaimer somewhere on the LH website that only one piece of hand luggage may be carried on flights ex-UK. (This was left from a few years ago when the number of hand luggage through UK airports was very restricted.) I don't expect you will be limited to one piece of hand luggage when leaving MXP.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:09 am

Hi Continited,

LH3780 will be conducted by Britsh Midland on an A319 in wetlease for Lufthansa Italia.

Generally, you are allowed to bring 2 pieces of carry-on baggage in Business Class. These may not exceed a maximum size of 55 x 40 x 20 cm and 8 kg per item. The 1-item-rule can be put into action in case the flight is fully booked (as flights to/ from Itlay are rather critical wrt carry-on baggage). However, this doesn't apply for all LH3780-flights next week. These flights still have lot's of vacancies. You should easily stow them aboard.

As for the catering, it's supposed to be on Lufthansa Italia flatware.

Last edited by monsieurZ; Dec 12, 2010 at 8:21 am
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by monsieurZ
Hi Continited,

[…]

As for the catering, it's supposed be on Lufthansa Italia flatware.
Welcome to FT and the M&M forum monsieurZ!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:48 am

mille gracie, totti!

two more additions: LHI serves a cold meal on this route. And there's no espresso maker aboard of BD-A/C!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

LHI serves a cold meal on this route.
Thanks for the correction and welcome to FT! ^
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: LH HON
just a little bit of nutpicking: it's 2 hours, due to time difference
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by daumueller
just a little bit of nutpicking: it's 2 hours, due to time difference
I don't think the OP implied the flight duration would be one hour.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat
Great, thanks everyone for the information!

Just a follow-on question, does anyone know what's the quickest way to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 4 at Heathrow at 11PM? Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
mille gracie, totti!

two more additions: LHI serves a cold meal on this route. And there's no espresso maker aboard of BD-A/C!
LHI from Bcn to Mxp serves a cold b/fast in the 9,30 am flight, but a hot dish on the other 2 daily flights.
This route only takes arround 1h and 15h, so taking in consideration the Mxp-Lhr flight is aprox 2hrs, I would have said that they serve a hot meal.
I am surprise they don´t.

Pity they do not have the espresso machine on the BD planes.

pd welcome to FT!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 1:32 pm

Just a follow-on question, does anyone know what's the quickest way to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 4 at Heathrow at 11PM? Thanks!
Assuming you are talking about travelling landside you can take the Heathrow Connect train free of charge from Heathrow Central (T1/3) to T4. The last train leaves Heathrow Central at 23:35.

http://www.heathrowconnect.com/

There is also a free bus service (555) from the central bus station but I'm not sure when the last bus leaves.

More information:
Travel between terminals
Free travel around Heathrow

The quickest way is of course to get a taxi!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
I definitely had a hot meal in C on several occasions on this same flight last year. And espresso too onboard the bmi aircraft

I have never had any problem taking two items on board, even in Y

NB The last flight of the day is often delayed, and often also parks far away in the wilderness that is the Europier, so you might want to wear your speedwalking shoes, or budget for a taxi on arrival

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.