Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New M&M award chart from 03JAN2011 in C & F [rumour confirmed]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:42 pm

the official release...

here is the official announcement on the M&M website...
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by sentom
looks like the mileage charge they refer to is still the old one isnt it?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:52 pm

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 1967cougar
Excatly... I was just about to remark the same.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by NightFly
Excatly... I was just about to remark the same.
its also only one the english version of the page, not on the german one. i guess it will take a few hours until everything is updated...
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
INCOMPETENCE
Ein Produkt von Lufthansa
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
Looks like crappy changes to be honest, luckily I hadn't booked any 2011 travel for deposit in my LH account so I'll stick with UA and not bother to keep my Senator status, with the limited 25% bonus at least the lower levels keep the LH programme appealing, this is just no longer worth it.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, MR Platinum, BW Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
+ one way awards are now 50% and no longer 75%
That seems to be an answer for split awards (i.e. outbound C return F)
It should costs us the same number of miles... but how about taxes ?
2X OW taxes equal to 1RT taxes ?
Also rebooking will cost us 2x rebook fee if we go that way.

I do not know the answers above but my experience tells me this is another disadvantage.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:18 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, M&M Senator, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tomekp
That seems to be an answer for split awards (i.e. outbound C return F)
It should costs us the same number of miles... but how about taxes ?
2X OW taxes equal to 1RT taxes ?
Also rebooking will cost us 2x rebook fee if we go that way.
Let's hope our friends at Lufthansa IT do update the booking engine the way oneway awards can be booked online...
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
What were the odds that they'd post the WRONG award chart ?
You couldn't make this stuff up !

This is also funny:

"These changes will apply to all flight awards booked as of 3 January 2011. For award flights booked at an earlier date which do not take place until after 3 January 2011, the previous terms and conditions will apply."
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sentom
And still nothing from LH on FT. Compliments.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lack
Will be interesting to see what sort of marketing lingo they'll use to sell the "enchantments". Probably a couple big paragraphs on the "new great features" like one way and stopover and a small print "We also adjusted the mileage price on some of the mileage awards to better represent the outstanding quality of our premium offerings"...
Haha... Lack was right, more or less. First the good news!!

On 3 January 2011 some changes will be made to Miles & More flight awards - and some will be better.
the mileage surcharge for one-way flight awards will be discontinued
the mileage surcharge for flight awards with a same-day return flight will be discontinued
all in bold. And now the bad news:

Only First and Business Class intercontinental flight awards in First and Business Class will require increased mileage levels from 2011
Why do they have to repeat "First and Business Class" ? Do they think anyone spending enough miles to get First or Business Class awards are too stupid to realise they can fly in First or Business Class?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
And still nothing from LH on FT. Compliments.
Why should they announce it on FT?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Why should they announce it on FT?
Well- I am not sure why you would be confused- there is a person at LH who has a job related to following social media- this board is part of social media- it would surely not hurt to write a message and at least point out the positives of this change.

For me- this is very poor customer service- not only the FT abscence but LH in general changing with very little notice (1 month- come on). It is fine- it is a frequent flyer program- and I did just book another Air Berlin flight- 300 EUR cheaper than LH for a one hour flight
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
This is also funny:

"These changes will apply to all flight awards booked as of 3 January 2011. For award flights booked at an earlier date which do not take place until after 3 January 2011, the previous terms and conditions will apply."
I don't think it's funny. Literally interpreted it could mean that for award flights booked earlier but taking place after 3 January 2011 the new terms and conditions would apply.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:57 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Thanks oliver for the update.

Nice thing is that VCE just went 2X daily with Emirates and added First MXP just had a very nice visit from A380 and also upgauged service.
Jet starts in 2011 nonstops from MXP.
With a little bit of advanced planning, MXP/SIN/SYD roundtrip all in on SQ is ~3500 EUR in C.
CX can be under 2K EUR roundtrip in C from MXP or FCO to HKG.
The flysmart traffic with fares under 400 EUR roundtrip to Beijing I am sure are extremely profitable for LH- however I here more and more colleagues commenting on their satisfaction with BA,EK,CX,SQ- of course, this could be nothing but their vicious rumours- however more than a few are not renewing HON so...

LH may very well be right about FFP incentives- however if there is limited redeeming anyway with I/O classes- why increase it? And one month notice may be certainly OK with their terms and conditions- but it is not very nice given some people have saved up a long time for special ticket redemptions etc- and as you know in Europe-and particularly Italy- it is not like there are a huge number of ways to earn miles other than actually flying (OK there is the Unicredit Card- and other than that?). Also- it does not seem that things can seem that well thought out- offer 2 extra evouchers for HON retention at 800 K, and at the same time tell them they need >20% more miles for redemption? Where is the retention thinking there? Mah...
I just switched my LON-HKG vacation trip to EK F- excellent fare of around GBP 2000 per pax without any restrictions as it books into F (my TA has a 2-for-1 with EK and is pushing it aggressively). Miles go to CO as non-status miles. The cheapest I could get on LH family was GBP 5000 per person which books in A.

With the new enhancements to M/M, Skywards is starting to look as a feasible alternative to M/M...

SQ also is pushing C and F to Far East and OZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.