Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New M&M award chart from 03JAN2011 in C & F [rumour confirmed]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The info should go out tomorrow, so one months notice is what we get. Note that M&M's main area of redemption is Y(X) awards and (to FTers) silly things like worldshop luggage or upgrade awards.
Will be interesting to see what sort of marketing lingo they'll use to sell the "enchantments". Probably a couple big paragraphs on the "new great features" like one way and stopover and a small print "We also adjusted the mileage price on some of the mileage awards to better represent the outstanding quality of our premium offerings"...
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:57 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
+ two stopovers allowed per award
Does this include one-way awards? And does the 50% SEN/HON discount apply to one-way companion awards?

Last edited by The Mileage Millionaire; Nov 30, 2010 at 11:14 am
Old Nov 30, 2010, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nldogbert
I understand that this increase [nor any increase for spending] is welcomed, however, [not to defend LH move or communication] it is still much more reasonable than what Flying Blue did after the April 1st changes.
Really? As far as I can tell, LH is worse than AF/KL now. I buy biz class awards mostly.

Business class to USA
LH = 105,000
AF = 100,000
Old Nov 30, 2010, 8:54 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by banzani
2) complete ignorance towards obligations under EU passenger rights (volcano, etc. never bothered to refund anything, I guess unless taken to court, no reply or useless non-fitting standard blabla to complaints through SEN hotline)
That is a surprise. LH has paid money to almost everyone here by now.
Just look at this post and quote the links provided. Especially the BMJ one. You will get your money.

The info should go out tomorrow, so one months notice is what we get.
Is LH required to only give 1 months notice? According to their T&Cs you have one month after they have informed you in writing to accept or decline the changes.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Is LH required to only give 1 months notice? According to their T&Cs you have one month after they have informed you in writing to accept or decline the changes.
ok, I decline the changes in writing. What happens next? I lose all my miles, or do I get some monetary reimbursement for the current miles in my account or?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
ok, I decline the changes in writing. What happens next? I lose all my miles, or do I get some monetary reimbursement for the current miles in my account or?
You get 6 months to spend your miles and then you're out ...
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:15 am

In regard to the increases I always found the mileage requirement for West coast US and South Africa quite reasonable (bordering on cheap) in the past, and this has now been addressed by M&M.
13h flights in business class to Cape Town or 12h's to LAX are surely worth 105000 miles, are they not? Better value than the flights to both asian zones for sure. Also flights to Muscat or Dubai for 70T instead of 60T seems ok.

Someone mentioned the tendency to less seats in First, so making this experience more exclusive justifies an increase too, even though I admit I would like to see a new F in all aircrafts.

Overall I think that LH has just ironed out some inconsistencies, let's not forget any program is undergoing some changes every few years. I appreciate that most posters feel different about it though.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by Rambuster
You get 6 months to spend your miles and then you're out ...
so I would lose my status accordingly?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yemona
In regard to the increases I always found the mileage requirement for West coast US and South Africa quite reasonable (bordering on cheap) in the past, and this has now been addressed by M&M.
13h flights in business class to Cape Town or 12h's to LAX are surely worth 105000 miles, are they not? Better value than the flights to both asian zones for sure. Also flights to Muscat or Dubai for 70T instead of 60T seems ok.

Someone mentioned the tendency to less seats in First, so making this experience more exclusive justifies an increase too, even though I admit I would like to see a new F in all aircrafts.

Overall I think that LH has just ironed out some inconsistencies, let's not forget any program is undergoing some changes every few years. I appreciate that most posters feel different about it though.
EU-USA in C used to be 105k before the 2004 enhancements. This was basically the only award which got reduced to 90k after the cull, probably so that they could show an improvement of the program somewhere?
F awards were increased to 140k at the same time from 120k (IIRC?).

Also the earnings side was enhanced significantly, such as exec. bonus on base miles only not total COS miles, domestic C stripped from 2500 to 1875, etc, etc...

Therefore it is not ironing out inconsitencies but plane and simple just a devaluation.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mamb0
so I would lose my status accordingly?
Yes Sir !
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:42 am

EU-USA in C used to be 105k before the 2004 enhancements. This was basically the only award which got reduced to 90k after the cull, probably so that they could show an improvement of the program somewhere?

Also the earnings side was enhanced significantly, such as exec. bonus on base miles only not total COS miles, domestic C stripped from 2500 to 1875, etc, etc...

Therefore it is not ironing out inconsitencies but plane and simple just a devaluation.
Executive bonus was too generous beforehand, domestic C giving 2500 should have never been introduced in the first place, and other generous miles offers won't be repeated. I still think that as long as LH keeps the 2 year quali period and the Z class upgradable, there will be enough clients who will retain their business with Star.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Executive bonus was too generous beforehand, domestic C giving 2500 should have never been introduced in the first place, and other generous miles offers won't be repeated. I still think that as long as LH keeps the 2 year quali period and the Z class upgradable, there will be enough clients who will retain their business with Star.
Sounds like lingo straight out of LH M&M HQ !
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:49 am

Sounds like lingo straight out of LH M&M HQ !
Well, it's not.

Clients are always very vocal in displaying their displeasure with enhancements but will very often not follow up in moving on for a variety of reasons, some of them very silly or minor.

This is surely what LH hopes for this time around.

Does anybody know the answer to the stopover question for one way awards?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
No, it has been 140k before. What has changed was the upgrade from C to F from 35K to 50K, IIRC.

Still remember the old times with 25K for an upgrade C to F.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 4:38 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
There is no 2500 miles for domestic C. And LH ideally wants the business with LH (group), not *A. Yes, a SEN is valuable even if she never flies LH ever but of course a SEN flying paid LH F is even better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.