Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 3:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, MR Platinum, BW Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
one way awards are now 50%
Can I book one way RTW ?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 4:00 am

Programs: LH SEN + many more
Cr@p!! Not only I don't get my amenity Rimowa for Xmas , I am loosing points on my honeymoon plan!!

I was saving miles for the next year, since I'm getting married in spring and my plan WAS to fly to either SE Asia in F or Japan in F. And since I have never flown in F, it was hugely anticipated....

Therefore, can someone tell me pls. If I will book award tix in F before dec.31st, for....let's say..... May.2011 to SIN, will I'll be able to change dates as many times as I want for 50 euro? Is it each ticket 50 euro or per "booking"? I'm planning to get a companion award as well (which is only 50% miles from my ticket, right?).

Thanx in advance
Old Nov 30, 2010, 4:24 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mr.pliner
Cr@p!! Not only I don't get my amenity Rimowa for Xmas , I am loosing points on my honeymoon plan!!

I was saving miles for the next year, since I'm getting married in spring and my plan WAS to fly to either SE Asia in F or Japan in F. And since I have never flown in F, it was hugely anticipated....

Therefore, can someone tell me pls. If I will book award tix in F before dec.31st, for....let's say..... May.2011 to SIN, will I'll be able to change dates as many times as I want for 50 euro? Is it each ticket 50 euro or per "booking"? I'm planning to get a companion award as well (which is only 50% miles from my ticket, right?).

Thanx in advance
Its EUR 50 per change instance per ticket. And companion awards only work on integrated airlines not *A.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:14 am

Programs: LH SEN + many more
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Its EUR 50 per change instance per ticket. And companion awards only work on integrated airlines not *A.
Do you mean, that I can ONLY book companion awrd on LH/LX/OS and not on Singapore air (for example)??? If that's the case...."oh, nooooooo"...
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mr.pliner
Do you mean, that I can ONLY book companion awrd on LH/LX/OS and not on Singapore air (for example)??? If that's the case...."oh, nooooooo"...
Welcome to M&M At what point did you miss that info? Companion award is a benefit on integrated M&M partners only....
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Here's a question: do you think there will be any changes to the earn rates? I am hoping for an improvement ŕ la British Airways. Sometimes the price difference between 100% earn rates and the rubbish rates on European flights is absurd, i.e. just a few Euros.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Here's a question: do you think there will be any changes to the earn rates? I am hoping for an improvement ŕ la British Airways. Sometimes the price difference between 100% earn rates and the rubbish rates on European flights is absurd, i.e. just a few Euros.
BA was forced into this move due to their integration with AA.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 6:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
One benefit of the 50% one way award is that it will be better to book separate one way trips so you can reroute (or reposition) on the return segment if you need (basically refund the return and book another ow).

On a broader theme: Can someone confirm whether the award ticket is valid one year from the issue (I was under that impression) or one year from the outbound flight (like revenue RTW tickets, for example)?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 6:13 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
This is what LH has now become for me over the last 12 months:

1) Feature what is now quickly becoming the worst Longhaul c-product from any major European airline
2) complete ignorance towards obligations under EU passenger rights (volcano, etc. never bothered to refund anything, I guess unless taken to court, no reply or useless non-fitting standard blabla to complaints through SEN hotline)
3) Increase awards by 20%

This is what it comes down to when the business is booming in economic upturn...no need to be nice or generous I guess.

Already started shifting travel to BA and Gulf carriers...but I am pretty sure LH won't care about that.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH group has its benefits and its minuses.

It seems strange to not communicate anything to customers 1 month prior to implementation- especially such a major change.

Competition in the Italy market is very strong right now(which, AFAIK, is an important market for LH)- especially to the far east with Emirates, Singapore, Cathay all agressively pushing fares in both business and first. BA also is ever-more agressive, and the IB routings to South America have very good times and are OK in C with low fares via MAD.

Closing Kassel did nothing to really help.

To me- it doesn't seem to make sense at all- especially timing wise- why alienate so many good customers-right before the start of a new year (when it is very easy to switch to another airline group)?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 6:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
It seems strange to not communicate anything to customers 1 month prior to implementation- especially such a major change.

Competition in the Italy market is very strong right now(which, AFAIK, is an important market for LH)...
The info should go out tomorrow, so one months notice is what we get. Note that M&M's main area of redemption is Y(X) awards and (to FTers) silly things like worldshop luggage or upgrade awards.

I think LH believes that the Italian market has settled after the dust over AZ has somewhat cleared. I'm also pretty certain they are sure that markets are not won with FFP incentives, otherwise we would have seen adjustments to M&M to serve/appeal to LX/SN/OS/LO/BD's home markets already.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The info should go out tomorrow, so one months notice is what we get. Note that M&M's main area of redemption is Y(X) awards and (to FTers) silly things like worldshop luggage or upgrade awards.

I think LH believes that the Italian market has settled after the dust over AZ has somewhat cleared. I'm also pretty certain they are sure that markets are not won with FFP incentives, otherwise we would have seen adjustments to M&M to serve/appeal to LX/SN/OS/LO/BD's home markets already.
Thanks oliver for the update.

Nice thing is that VCE just went 2X daily with Emirates and added First MXP just had a very nice visit from A380 and also upgauged service.
Jet starts in 2011 nonstops from MXP.
With a little bit of advanced planning, MXP/SIN/SYD roundtrip all in on SQ is ~3500 EUR in C.
CX can be under 2K EUR roundtrip in C from MXP or FCO to HKG.
The flysmart traffic with fares under 400 EUR roundtrip to Beijing I am sure are extremely profitable for LH- however I here more and more colleagues commenting on their satisfaction with BA,EK,CX,SQ- of course, this could be nothing but their vicious rumours- however more than a few are not renewing HON so...

LH may very well be right about FFP incentives- however if there is limited redeeming anyway with I/O classes- why increase it? And one month notice may be certainly OK with their terms and conditions- but it is not very nice given some people have saved up a long time for special ticket redemptions etc- and as you know in Europe-and particularly Italy- it is not like there are a huge number of ways to earn miles other than actually flying (OK there is the Unicredit Card- and other than that?). Also- it does not seem that things can seem that well thought out- offer 2 extra evouchers for HON retention at 800 K, and at the same time tell them they need >20% more miles for redemption? Where is the retention thinking there? Mah...

Last edited by TRAVELSIG; Nov 30, 2010 at 7:25 am
Old Nov 30, 2010, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And our new lurker comments are??
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I think I need to check out the ex-MXP pricing again !
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I think I need to check out the ex-MXP pricing again !
Yes Rambuster- I knew you were the ideal candidate for the 399 EUR roundtrip to PEK in seat 79G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.