Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Codeshare - Austrian Airlines baggage allowance carryon

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Originally Posted by kanor
So now you found out I guess that it doesnt matter because its always 8kg max.
(but since this is a travel forum: do whatever you want, as long as it looks a carry-on, they usually wont measure its weight)
[and for your child's sake I am really hoping that you dont want to pull 4 carryons and deal with the baby with only 4 hands, just to avoid checking in baggage]
^Its not the weight. Its the limit of 2 down to 1 per person that I wanted to know. Wasn't sure if Austrian would limit us in VIE or not because we were on a business segment prior to the economy segment.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:54 am

From my Austrian ticket: "ein Stück 55x40x23 cm/21x15x9 in / 8 kg/17.5 lbs
+ 1 persönlicher Gegenstand 40x30x10 cm/15.7x11.8x4 in"

Also smaller intra-EU flight from FRA/MUC boarding is quite diff then in the US. It resembles more to a bus/subway boarding then actual airplane baording.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 7:48 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kanor
Since european non-LCC airlines include a bag in the ticket, less people travel with big carryons, and gate checking is not happening. What they sometimes do for small plane regional flights (where overhead space or weight is limited) is that you surrender your bags upon entering the flight from the bus, and you get it back directly before boarding the bus and driving to the gate.
I'm aware of Austrian's rules for carryon:
carry-on baggage may not exceed the dimensions 55 x 40 x 23 cm and the weight of 8 kg.
I'm flying Bud-Vie-Zag on Austrian on a Bombardier Q400:
http://www.austrian.com/Info/Flighti...400.aspx?cc=US
As I have only 45 minutes transit at Vie, I want to clarify the size of the carryon luggage allowable on this partic aircraft so my carry on doesn't get gate checked for size reasons on this smaller aircraft...if they do take your carry on bag at the gate, do they return it to you as you deplane or do they send it to the baggage collection area which is a problem due to my short transit time at Vie?
Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:24 am

If they force you to check it in, it will go to your final destination.

They (LH group, and OS ex-VIE- but not necessarily in transit - in particular) have become quite strict when it comes to the carry on limits.

Best advice, stay within the limits (size AND weight) or check it directly at your departing airport all the way through to the final destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.