FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   LH flight upgrade award on TK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1147905-lh-flight-upgrade-award-tk.html)

jordanftl Nov 14, 2010 3:21 pm

LH flight upgrade award on TK

I am trying to upgrade a B class ticket on TK from YYZ to AMM (through IST), online upgrade system on M&M website tells me "TK18-There is no online upgrade possible. Please contact your Miles & More Service Team".
I called M&M, they told me an upgrade is not available on my flight date, and there a chance there may not be any seats on this flight allocated for upgrades and they can't tell.
Does anyone here have any experience with such a case? or can run a check on seats available on close dates (30JUN) or if you can tell if upgrade is possible on this flight? Thanks!

alex0683de Nov 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by jordanftl (Post 15139809)
Does anyone here have any experience with such a case? or can run a check on seats available on close dates (30JUN) or if you can tell if upgrade is possible on this flight? Thanks!

An upgrade is theoretically possible, but such upgrades usually book into award inventory. According to both the ANA award tool and ExpertFlyer.com, there are no Business Class award seats available on TK18 on 30JUN.

I have no idea whether that will change between now and the date of flight, but keep in mind that summer is always tough in terms of getting award seats across the Atlantic.

jordanftl Nov 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by alex0683de (Post 15140003)
An upgrade is theoretically possible, but such upgrades usually book into award inventory. According to both the ANA award tool and ExpertFlyer.com, there are no Business Class award seats available on TK18 on 30JUN.

I have no idea whether that will change between now and the date of flight, but keep in mind that summer is always tough in terms of getting award seats across the Atlantic.

Thanks for the reply, can you please check seats for Jun 27 and July 02? I would highly appreciate it!

jordanftl Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

I just noticed that TK is not offering award seats on this flight at all, possibly due to the switch in airplanes from 333 to 777, I hope they add seats soon.

DownUnderFlyer Nov 15, 2010 1:39 am

Originally Posted by jordanftl (Post 15141103)
I just noticed that TK is not offering award seats on this flight at all, possibly due to the switch in airplanes from 333 to 777, I hope they add seats soon.

Welcome to FT, jordanftl!

There is a chance they will open award seats so it pays to keep an eye on this. Programs like Expertflyer (paid) can also check availability automatically and send you a notification once a seat is released.