Mayrhuber promises horizontal C seat

Old Nov 13, 10, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
Mayrhuber promises horizontal C seat

In an interview with Wolfgang Mayrhuber by the FAZ this week, journalist mentioned criticism about A380's Economy Class: not comfortable enough and seat pitch too low.

The wolf's answer:

Das Kundenfeedback ist ausgezeichnet, auch das Medienecho. Wir haben die beste Economy-Class weltweit, das gilt auch fuer die First. In der Economy hat jeder Fluggast 15 Prozent mehr Platz als im Jumbo.
Es gibt allerdings Kunden, die in der Business-Class lieber einen Sitz haetten, der sich zum Schlafen vollstaendig waagerecht stellen liesse. Den werden wir bald einfuehren.

In short:
- Customer and media feedback on A380 is great
- We have the world's best economy class, also the best first by the way
- A380 Eco passenger has 15% more space than on the Jumbo
- There are customers who want a fully horizontal seat in Business. We will introduce it soon

His perception of his own Y product is interesting...
Let's hope he was more serious about his C class flatbed promise!
Old Nov 13, 10, 4:25 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
As in many big corporation (including the one I work for), senior mgt is very often so detached from reality ... I wonder if he ever have flown on any of the competitor ...
Old Nov 13, 10, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
I wonder who those C customers are that DON'T want a fully flat seat ?
Old Nov 13, 10, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
Seriously, I can sleep much better with a 5 - 10 degree inclination. I always put it like this, even on a potential flat seat. Also, having the choice, I would prefer more distance to the previous row vs. the full flat option.
Old Nov 13, 10, 4:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
All those LH C customers who keep on coming back to fly on LH C despite the seats which don't go fully flat?
Old Nov 13, 10, 4:46 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by LHSEN View Post
... I wonder if he ever have flown on any of the competitor ...
Yes he does.
Old Nov 13, 10, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Originally Posted by rotanes View Post
Seriously, I can sleep much better with a 5 - 10 degree inclination. I always put it like this, even on a potential flat seat. Also, having the choice, I would prefer more distance to the previous row vs. the full flat option.
Sounds like LH has already done permanent damage to you ?
Perhaps you can sue?
Old Nov 13, 10, 5:38 am

„Der A 380 ist kein Fehlgriff“ - Here is the interview.
Old Nov 13, 10, 8:28 am

Programs: QF (WP, LTG), LH (SEN** till 02/20), AB-G, AF, AA
Originally Posted by kacheng View Post
„Der A 380 ist kein Fehlgriff“ - Here is the interview.
The QF 380 has a nice board product, but is grounded at the moment (and will hopefully fly again in March when I have my next trip). The SQ380 is great.

But the LH 380....
Old Nov 13, 10, 9:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
The QF 380 has a nice board product, but is grounded at the moment (and will hopefully fly again in March when I have my next trip). The SQ380 is great.

But the LH 380....
Apart from the C seats which will eventually be replaced, what's wrong with the LH A380?
Old Nov 13, 10, 10:22 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
Originally Posted by KIXJNB View Post
I

- There are customers who want a fully horizontal seat in Business. We will introduce it soon
It is amazing after all those many years in his capacity as an LH CEO he figured out that fact I wonder if he is an idiot or he just pretends to be one

What really surprised me that up to this moment The Wolf doesn't want to admit that majority of LH customers want flat bed seat in C class!!!!
Old Nov 13, 10, 12:47 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by LH/LX View Post
It is amazing after all those many years in his capacity as an LH CEO he figured out that fact I wonder if he is an idiot or he just pretends to be one

What really surprised me that up to this moment The Wolf doesn't want to admit that majority of LH customers want flat bed seat in C class!!!!
I thought the consensus was that we're the idiots for continuing to fly it .
Old Nov 13, 10, 12:56 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
I would agree that the new LH first looks like a great product and might be one of the best but who determines that it actually is the best? Mr. Mayrhuber?

But LH Economy? Yes, who determines it? But seriously, if LH economy is the best in the world, this industry seriously has real low standards.

Just because LH380 eco is better than LH747 eco? LH747 eco (current) is inhuman and LH should have passengers agree when making the booking that they understand that the product is very old and outdated and nothing one would expect to be flying around in the civilized world anymore!
Old Nov 13, 10, 1:38 pm

Programs: LH M
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Apart from the C seats which will eventually be replaced, what's wrong with the LH A380?
Absolutely nothing, LH new economy product on A380, as well as new seats on A343's and soon on B744's (A346 and A333 will also get new generation seats, but they are currently not on cabin modification pririty list very high) is a very competative product.
Still I wouldn't go that far and call it the best Economy class product, but anyone speaking german could clearly see that Mayrhuber was obviously irritated with a very stupid and provocative question, and to some extent rightously so, since the question insinuates that a new Y class on A380 is too cramped and offers a little comfort, but in fact the livnig space in LH new Economy on A380 was significantly improved and is not lagging behind other A380's operators at all, in fact it is even better compared to some.

Originally Posted by supermasterphil View Post
I would agree that the new LH first looks like a great product and might be one of the best but who determines that it actually is the best? Mr. Mayrhuber?

But LH Economy? Yes, who determines it? But seriously, if LH economy is the best in the world, this industry seriously has real low standards.

Just because LH380 eco is better than LH747 eco? LH747 eco (current) is inhuman and LH should have passengers agree when making the booking that they understand that the product is very old and outdated and nothing one would expect to be flying around in the civilized world anymore!
Passengers are the ones who determine that and pax satisfaction index for A380 shows that passengers are quite thrilled with the new products (C class excluded ).
Old Nov 13, 10, 1:47 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Originally Posted by johndeere19 View Post
I thought the consensus was that we're the idiots for continuing to fly it .
well, 98% all revenue Fs and Js go to NH, OZ, SQ, TG, LX, etc ... whereas for award tickets, occassionally they maybe on LH.

If LH has flat J and competitive F products, will certainly get some of my businesses ... been telling LH years, but they don't seem to like constructive criticism ... not my lost, theirs.

Search this Thread