Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mayrhuber promises horizontal C seat

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:44 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by KIXJNB
[...] We have the world's best economy class, also the best first by the way[...]
If they have the best Y in the world they must be doing a good job at hiding it because I haven't been on it. And LH 747 Y is nothing short of pathetic.
This is a problem, because when the CEO says it's great, it sends the message internally there is nothing to improve there and they should concentrate elsewhere.
Hell, even SQ Y IFE; Service (and food sometimes) can beat LH C.

I wish Mayrhuber a 2011 with plenty of Y flights in a LH 747 if it's that good. And a few others on other carriers to benchmark what his organization is selling and stop the hollow spin.

and bring those flat C seats pronto, please.

GBM
Old Nov 14, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by KIXJNB
..Wir haben die beste Economy-Class weltweit, das gilt auch fuer die First. In der Economy hat jeder Fluggast 15 Prozent mehr Platz als im Jumbo.
[B]Es gibt allerdings Kunden, die in der Business-Class lieber einen Sitz haetten, der sich zum Schlafen vollstaendig waagerecht stellen liesse.
If the idiot ever had a mind, he now officially lost it .
His perception of his own Y product is interesting...
It's simply bizarre ... but his view of the old baroque sofa in F isn't lagging far behind. Of course he tries to forget about the F in the entire fleet and remembers only the one on the 380 ...

The guy simply isn't worth listening to. He's either completely demented and detached from reality or he's a vicious and notorious liar who tries to chip out a bit of cheap propaganda from that interview. Disgusting - the future LH will look upon this epoch and the feats of this Junta with uneasiness.
Originally Posted by LHPII
..in fact the livnig space in LH new Economy on A380 was significantly improved and is not lagging behind other A380's operators at all, in fact it is even better compared to some.
Such as? A future TigerAirways all-E-- configuration with 800+ seats?
..Passengers are the ones who determine that and pax satisfaction index for A380 shows that passengers are quite thrilled with the new products (C class excluded ).
That is not doubt true. The 380 must be better than the rest of what LH offers.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 4:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by weero
If the idiot ever had a mind, he now officially lost it .
The guy simply isn't worth listening to. He's either completely demented and detached from reality or he's a vicious and notorious liar who tries to chip out a bit of cheap propaganda from that interview. Disgusting - the future LH will look upon this epoch and the feats of this Junta with uneasiness.
Now now... LH is a profitable airline and has been doing pretty well the past years. They definitely test the limits of what their customers consider acceptable. The record show they are getting away with it.

The folks over at VFT read the interview with a different angle and introduced some wordplay. Makes an interesting read: http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/lufth...-weltweit.html
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Now now... LH is a profitable airline and has been doing pretty well the past years. They definitely test the limits of what their customers consider acceptable. The record show they are getting away with it..
Yes they get away with it, I do not dispute that.

The man said that LH has the best coach class in the world .. he's mature for the straight jacket.

Now if he said that LH has no problems filling its Y class then I'd be with you and would understand the economist's angle. But the blunt "we are the champions" beer tent propaganda while his club is flying around with the biggest pile of crap of all majors ... is not even indecent, it's just insane.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Wouldn't pick LH Airbii over DL's Airbii longhaul in Y. I've flown both. AC power and extra pitch matter more than better beer.

As for flat-bed C: yay.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
AC power and extra pitch matter more than better beer.
says who!? i know quiet a few swedes who would disagree!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: LH M
Such as? A future TigerAirways all-E-- configuration with 800+ seats
better then AF, on par with the rest...
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:52 pm

Programs: LH SEN + many more
If the idiot ever had a mind, he now officially lost it

<.......>
Such as? A future TigerAirways all-E-- configuration with 800+ seats?
Ha! It's funny you've mentioned it. I SWEAR, I have NEVER flown a WORST airline in my life!!! It was my second ever experience on "budget" metal and the only reason we flew, it's because there was no other option to reach a town in Australia this year.

Intra AUS flight, 14 hrs delay, then 3 1/2 more hours delay at the gate, 45 min in the plane before take off. I haven't slept close to 30 hours. I get lucky, the last row, next to toilets is empty. I jump in, get my own (well...not really my own but an Emirates) blanket. Take off, 15 min, belts off, pass out.... 40 min...some guy shaking me.... (a guy, with his home clothes: jeans, etc, apparently FA) - "mate, do you have your seat belt on?"

...? Mate? I'm angry but way too tired to argue.. while laying down, managed to but the belt on AND put the blanket over it! Another 20 or 30min min goes buy.... I'm being touched again:
-"mate....mate...sir!"
-"WHAT"?!
-"do you have your seat belt on"?
-"I SWEAR, you touch me one more time, I will punch you in the face"!!!

Guy goes away...
I have NEVER threaten a single person on the plane in my life! But I almost lost it. Thought, the police will be waiting for me at the tarmac.... Nope, nothing....

p.s. the plane was absolutely packed! I still have no idea, why the entire row was empty at the back...

such a beautiful name though.... "Tiger Airways"... Damn!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by mr.pliner
.. while laying down, managed to but the belt on AND put the blanket over it!...
Next time try putting the blanket UNDER the seatbelt so the FA can actually see it ! @:-)
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:43 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by LHPII
Passengers are the ones who determine that and pax satisfaction index for A380 shows that passengers are quite thrilled with the new products (C class excluded ).
You may want to share some details of such a statistic? What are they actually rating? Flying the A380 compared to B744 or any other plane or indeed the Y product itself? I am pretty sure the former and hence such a statistic - if it exists at all - is of no real value ...
Old Nov 16, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: LH SEN + many more
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Next time try putting the blanket UNDER the seatbelt so the FA can actually see it ! @:-)
Yes, thank you for a "genius" idea after 30+ hours of sleep depravation those ideas do come in mind a bit late.... but my point was about the airline itself and staff... I guess, that makes LH sound like a 5* airline, no matter where you seat/lay....
Old Nov 16, 2010, 6:19 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mr.pliner
Yes, thank you for a "genius" idea after 30+ hours of sleep depravation those ideas do come in mind a bit late....
I used to hear PA announcements asking pax to fasten seatbelts over the blanket if they were going to sleep but haven't heard one recently. I wonder if it was specific to some airlines or routes?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:08 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I used to hear PA announcements asking pax to fasten seatbelts over the blanket if they were going to sleep but haven't heard one recently. I wonder if it was specific to some airlines or routes?
Got that on SQ and UA just recently.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any more details on the new C for LH? This is very interesting.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
See the LH 400 new C test thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.