DUS LH C lounge food in the evening?

Old Nov 4, 10, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
DUS LH C lounge food in the evening?

As I'll be travelling on LX 1027 DUS-ZRH in 10 days (leaving at 1850z) and I'm not sure whether they'll have enough food to keep me happy after a long working day in the C lounge - does anybody know what they'll be serving at that time of day (especially as the lounge is only open until 2000z)? I don't really want to rely on the poor A concourse bar serving stale salmon bagels at incredible prices, so it'd be helpful to know whether I should take some food before going airside. The only other time I've been to the DUS C lounge was in the afternoon, and the food on offer was quite disappointing (soup and bread).

Same question for the return flight (LX 1028) leaving at 1940z (although this actually belongs into the LX part of this forum), as I probably won't have the opportunity to grab a bite before the flight (and a Burger King meal at 15 CHF isn't really worth it...)
Old Nov 4, 10, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
DUS C: Some sausages (turkey in order not to offend anyone ) and potato salad.
Old Nov 4, 10, 10:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
DUS C: Some sausages (turkey in order not to offend anyone ) and potato salad.
Yes, DUS C is fairly consistent in having a sausage supply after breakfast, there will also be a simple soup, bread and the dreaded kraeuterquark.
Old Nov 5, 10, 4:46 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Platinum, LH SEN, Air Berlin Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by iainbhx View Post
Yes, DUS C is fairly consistent in having a sausage supply after breakfast, there will also be a simple soup, bread and the dreaded kraeuterquark.

Morning: Breakfast services (bread, fruit salad, croissants, marmelade, kräuterquark )
Noon: bread, warm soup
Evening: Sausages, potato salad (rarely: meatballs)
Old Nov 5, 10, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
The SEN lounge often has noodles with meatsauce (animal du jour?).
Old Nov 17, 10, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Like it was announced here, we've had potato salad and sausages (don't know whether meat they were made of, tasted like a usual cheap sausage). No meatballs, no soup and a choice of rolls and sliced bread.

Lounge was quite crowded (due to heavy fog with delays of about 2 hours for every flight) but they seemed to have enough food in stock to satisfy everyone.

Search this Thread