who to call now that Kassel is offline?

Old Oct 26, 10, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
who to call now that Kassel is offline?

Hi all,

I am trying to book two C-class awards ZRH-SYD on rather short notice (13NOV out, 26NOV in with +-2 days flex) and found the M&M call centers rather useless.
That's one of these things that need a person to go the "extra mile" (due to short time frame and very limited avail), in the past I used to call Kassel directly and was mostly helped right away.

Any suggestions as to where to go in order to find helpful people?

Thanks,
pilatusguy
Old Oct 26, 10, 2:46 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by pilatusguy View Post
Hi all,

I am trying to book two C-class awards ZRH-SYD on rather short notice (13NOV out, 26NOV in with +-2 days flex) and found the M&M call centers rather useless.
Interesting, what makes them useless? Don't they find availability?
Old Oct 26, 10, 3:17 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Hi all,

That's one of these things that need a person to go the "extra mile" (due to short time frame and very limited avail), in the past I used to call Kassel directly and was mostly helped right away.

Thanks,
pilatusguy
Im not quite sure what you want the M&M agent to do, but as a SEN you should be able to find some availability ZRH/MUC/FRA-BKK and I can see plenty of availability on TG in C BKK-SYD for your dates.

If necessary you could spend the extra miles and book two seperate awards ZRH/FRA/MUC-BKK on OS/LH/LX as a premium award (I think the premium award can be combined with the companion award, cant it?) and BKK-SYD on TG.
Old Oct 26, 10, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Hi all,

Thanks,
pilatusguy
SYD is a tricky destination, due to lack of SQ availability.
TG and OZ are the only real other options and awards are often very hard to find.
Old Oct 26, 10, 4:33 pm

Programs: LH, FB, HH, QF, EK
Had the same issue earlier this year. There is almost no availablity on SQ due to A380 and the flights on TG are very hard to catch as well. Upgrading is may be a better chance then an whole award flight.
Old Oct 26, 10, 5:02 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by chgoeke View Post
There is almost no availablity on SQ due to A380
Well, they run the A380 twice daily on that route, but now they've also got the 772 on the other two flights. Has that done anything to help availability on the M&M side?
Old Oct 26, 10, 5:59 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by aster View Post
Well, they run the A380 twice daily on that route, but now they've also got the 772 on the other two flights. Has that done anything to help availability on the M&M side?
Come on - I had twice C award on SQ A380 this year through M&M... So it is possible to have it... Just do not rely on ANA or anything else and let the M&M agents to do the work...
Old Oct 26, 10, 7:12 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Hi all,

Thanks,
pilatusguy
There is plenty of availability BKK-SYD and also there are seats PEK-SYD, another good option which Rambuster hasn't mentioned. OZ also has seats which of course is the best option. SQ is also available but in Y only.
Old Oct 27, 10, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Thanks all! Will give it another shot...

Originally Posted by mamb0 View Post
Interesting, what makes them useless? Don't they find availability?
Well, they would refuse to check anything but the most obvious. One of them mentioned OZ is not in *A, multiple connects are not possible, etc... just a very bad service attitude.
Old Oct 27, 10, 2:53 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Well, they would refuse to check anything but the most obvious. One of them mentioned OZ is not in *A, multiple connects are not possible, etc... just a very bad service attitude.
Which country's number did you call? Did you call the SEN number in Germany?

I had bad experience calling the UK number of the HON hotline and eventually called a number in Germany during office hours. They sorted things out straightaway.
Old Oct 27, 10, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer View Post
There is plenty of availability BKK-SYD and also there are seats PEK-SYD, another good option which Rambuster hasn't mentioned. OZ also has seats which of course is the best option. SQ is also available but in Y only.
I didn't see connecting in PEK a viable option nor travelling on Air China.
Old Oct 27, 10, 4:29 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
I didn't see connecting in PEK a viable option nor travelling on Air China.
Connecting in PEK is OK. Air China on the other hand...
Old Oct 27, 10, 5:15 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Which country's number did you call? Did you call the SEN number in Germany?

I had bad experience calling the UK number of the HON hotline and eventually called a number in Germany during office hours. They sorted things out straightaway.
Can you call any of their worldwide offices (Singapore even) to search for and book award flights?
Old Oct 27, 10, 5:54 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aster View Post
Can you call any of their worldwide offices (Singapore even) to search for and book award flights?
If I want to call LH/M&M when I happen to be in Singapore I might, though a number in any country doesn't necessarily mean agents who answer your call are actually in that country.
Old Oct 28, 10, 7:34 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Sorry to ask a possibly ignorant question: can't you call the SEN Number any more? Sure, it's no longer Kassel answering but whoever picks up SEN calls now. But there shouldn't be a need to call M&M.

Or did I miss something in terms of there being no more dedicated SEN number to call? Or don't they deal with M&M bookings anymore?

Search this Thread