Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for official LH lurker, LHconnect (LHrelate v2.0)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Please don't speculate of you have no background info whatsoever.
No speculation just facts:
1) Michelle did an excellent job
2) LH execs have commented on the importance of Social Media and future investments in this area
3) Now during a time of very difficult IRROPS we have nothing
4) Changes to awards etc we have nothing
Old Dec 26, 2010, 9:35 pm

Please don't speculate of you have no background info whatsoever.
could someone give us an update then!? there is plenty of open questions with no reply whatsoever...
Old Dec 27, 2010, 7:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
OK, I can't respond to the 'open' topics here, but just to clarify why the response of LHconnect cannot be compared to LHrelate:

When Michelle left LH NYC her main function got replaced. The social media work could not be replaced by a full time person. After struggling to find a solution for nearly 6 months, LH found a temporary solution, which by design is not of same intensity. LH is aware of the situation and I know a better solution is being worked out (ie more ressources). Just take the example of the LX lurker, the start was slow, but now we have 4 persons responding to your queries.

Also noteworthy is that you are throwing in topics for Alison to 'solve' that are not that easy as they involve parties outside of LH. Besides that I'm frankly disappointed how vocal some of you are here in a negative way as if you are entitled to something Like with any interaction involving the travel industry the saying 'what comes around goes around' (german: 'Wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es heraus') holds true and an aggressive stance will get us nowhere.

Do remember that FT does not represent the majority of LH customers, but our input is welcome as it represents a valuable insight from experienced flyers. gleff's recent feedback from LH about his complaints on a F segment flown on a US DM awards is certainly evidence of that.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 1:37 pm

OK, I can't respond to the 'open' topics here, but just to clarify why the response of LHconnect cannot be compared to LHrelate:

When Michelle left LH NYC her main function got replaced. The social media work could not be replaced by a full time person. After struggling to find a solution for nearly 6 months, LH found a temporary solution, which by design is not of same intensity. LH is aware of the situation and I know a better solution is being worked out (ie more ressources). Just take the example of the LX lurker, the start was slow, but now we have 4 persons responding to your queries.

Also noteworthy is that you are throwing in topics for Alison to 'solve' that are not that easy as they involve parties outside of LH. Besides that I'm frankly disappointed how vocal some of you are here in a negative way as if you are entitled to something Like with any interaction involving the travel industry the saying 'what comes around goes around' (german: 'Wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es heraus') holds true and an aggressive stance will get us nowhere.

Do remember that FT does not represent the majority of LH customers, but our input is welcome as it represents a valuable insight from experienced flyers. gleff's recent feedback from LH about his complaints on a F segment flown on a US DM awards is certainly evidence of that.
With all respect - but when I look at the thread on that LH wants to improve their Facebook positioning - I feel personally feel that there are some wrong priorities and somehow I feel that I am not alone when looking at what you call vocal here.
Maybe it is time for LH to realize that their present core customers are not all about apps and FB but a tad more Flintstone in their approach. I personally can only give a rats arse abut FB - I could not care less about the pretense and air of importance that some post there - I want solutions to the problems that I have with LH - my gut feeling was with Allison a last concentration on the needs of US members but issues such as the Thread on FRA reception were completely uncommented.
The extrovertness displayed in many of the modern time mediums is not appreciated by everyone - wanting only to focus on the so called means of the future is IMHO very shortsighted - as LH should again IMHO not fully forget the needs of its present customers - because these are the one bringing the dosh right now.
I must admit the thread on FB really got under my skin - but it is more likely the old skol in my that leaves me behind in my shortsightness on what a wonderful tool FB is...

Cheers

Thomas
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcswede
With all respect - but when I look at the thread on that LH wants to improve their Facebook positioning - I feel personally feel that there are some wrong priorities and somehow I feel that I am not alone when looking at what you call vocal here.
Maybe it is time for LH to realize that their present core customers are not all about apps and FB but a tad more Flintstone in their approach. I personally can only give a rats arse abut FB - I could not care less about the pretense and air of importance that some post there - I want solutions to the problems that I have with LH - my gut feeling was with Allison a last concentration on the needs of US members but issues such as the Thread on FRA reception were completely uncommented.
The extrovertness displayed in many of the modern time mediums is not appreciated by everyone - wanting only to focus on the so called means of the future is IMHO very shortsighted - as LH should again IMHO not fully forget the needs of its present customers - because these are the one bringing the dosh right now.
I must admit the thread on FB really got under my skin - but it is more likely the old skol in my that leaves me behind in my shortsightness on what a wonderful tool FB is...

Cheers

Thomas
Very well said.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:53 pm

Besides that I'm frankly disappointed how vocal some of you are here in a negative way as if you are entitled to something Like with any interaction involving the travel industry the saying 'what comes around goes around' (german: 'Wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es heraus') holds true and an aggressive stance will get us nowhere.
I think people are entitled to "something", where that something is that announced rules should be followed. I'm frankly disappointed that someone from LH would post saying that LH is not bound by the rules. And then disappear.

In English we have a saying that "The customer is always right". I don't know how (or if) it translates to German.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Very well said.
While I agree , and never used facebook , I have a strong suspicion that many of us might be the wrong generation to judge on what is the best social media for LH to spend resources on.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:55 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Programs: Official LH Real Person
Thank you oliver2002!

I will try to keep this post brief but address many of the comments made over he past few weeks. I appreciate the passion and dedication that many of you have for this forum. It is one of the reasons that I am here.

Michelle set the bar extremely high and provided a level of personal attention and exclusivity that current (me) and future lurkers can only hope to achieve. It is the unfortunately reality that we do not currently have the resources to meet that expectation. It does not mean that I (and Lufthansa) fail to understand the value of all the forum members and our participation here.

So what can you expect from me as a Lufthansa representative?

I will not fabricate information just to post a response. If I have posted something it has come from a reliable source within the organization.
If I am wrong, I will say I am wrong and will work with you until I find the correct information.
I don't take it personally, so you can be tough... on the subject matter, not the messenger.

What can you expect from me as a lurker?

I monitor the mailbox set up specifically for FT members weekly.
I monitor this thread twice weekly. While I will try to also respond twice weekly it may not always be the case.

As explained by oliver2002 in my introduction to this thread, participation here is one of many responsibilities I have. As you have already experienced some of those time sensitive responsibilities may occasionally keep me from responding as quickly as I would like. Although it may take some time I will always respond to all inquiries.

These are growing pains as I learn more about the forum and how to best make myself useful/helpful and as you get to know and hopefully come to trust me.

Thanks for your patience,
Alison

On a side note: I have consolidated all of your feedback about the UA SWU's and will again try to reconfirm an official policy. I won't have anything further on this particular topic until after the new year when all of my colleagues are back in the office.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by seat 1a
While I agree , and never used facebook , I have a strong suspicion that many of us might be the wrong generation to judge on what is the best social media for LH to spend resources on.
We might be the wrong ones to judge what is the best social media resource - but still if there are many of us who are the wrong to judge - maybe LH should consider this as those being that in present represent what "keeps" LH in business - yes very pretentious - but IMHO in a business one should whilst lloking at the future not totalally ignore your present frequent returning customers - because without those you will never reach those that you solicit now....

Cheers

Thomas
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:34 pm
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by tcswede
We might be the wrong ones to judge what is the best social media resource - but still if there are many of us who are the wrong to judge - maybe LH should consider this as those being that in present represent what "keeps" LH in business - yes very pretentious - but IMHO in a business one should whilst lloking at the future not totalally ignore your present frequent returning customers - because without those you will never reach those that you solicit now....
You are absolutely right that LH should attend to existing customers and not just look to the future, but I wonder why you are so sure that Facebook is a distraction from LH.

Right now, LH has 159.598 "fans" on Facebook, which means that every message about delays and cancellation and other problems (and promotions) posted there reaches more than 150.000 people. Your post makes a distinction between existing and future customers which implies that those 150.000 people receiving information from LH on Facebook are not frequent LH customers. I am not sure you are right.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by AHN
You are absolutely right that LH should attend to existing customers and not just look to the future, but I wonder why you are so sure that Facebook is a distraction from LH.

Right now, LH has 159.598 "fans" on Facebook, which means that every message about delays and cancellation and other problems (and promotions) posted there reaches more than 150.000 people. Your post makes a distinction between existing and future customers which implies that those 150.000 people receiving information from LH on Facebook are not frequent LH customers. I am not sure you are right.
Agree that facebook is likely the " current " , so consequently , Thomas , You ,I and some others might be the past .
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
If my memory serves me well, gleff's comment was first picked up by Michelle and escalated and not by an official lurker. Michelle did a terrific job minimizing the damage for LH and kudos go to her for still screening online publications.

The representation of LH (and LX) is not up to the standards I would expect from both airlines. The really sad part is that LH could still utilize Michelle if senior management would be just a little bit smarter.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by AHN
Right now, LH has 159.598 "fans" on Facebook, which means that every message about delays and cancellation and other problems (and promotions) posted there reaches more than 150.000 people.
Certainly not. I'm one of these "fans" (I guess), but no information from LH is "reaching" me. I simply don't look, as I consider it a total waste of time. The only reason I'm on FB is the weird fact that I needed to occupy the slot, because somebody else tried to impersonate me there. That fact alone (that this was even possible!) left me with the impression that FB is utterly useless, however can be pretty dangerous.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Certainly not. I'm one of these "fans" (I guess), but no information from LH is "reaching" me. I simply don't look, as I consider it a total waste of time. The only reason I'm on FB is the weird fact that I needed to occupy the slot, because somebody else tried to impersonate me there. That fact alone (that this was even possible!) left me with the impression that FB is utterly useless, however can be pretty dangerous.
+1
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
10p/minute calls

1. Being made to pay 10p per minute in the UK to contact YOU about a flight YOU cancelled and having to spend over an hour on the phone to get a refund.
2. Being made to pay 10p per minute in the UK to contact YOU about a reward reservation that YOU had not ticketed in time and therefore cancelled; spending 1 hour 10 mins on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.