Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for official LH lurker, LHconnect (LHrelate v2.0)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 3:24 am

On-line award booking

Alison,
Welcome and best of luck with your new assignment.
First, I think that it's a good improvement from LH to have eliminated the extra milage charge for one-way award travel as of this year.
Second, it is a step backward that one-way travel awards are no longer bookable on-line.
As you probably already know, your call centers are already overloaded and your customers already spend an inordinate amout of time on hold.
Putting the additonal burden of booking one-way awards on them is not a good idea. In addition, searching for alternative dates, airports, etc becomes virtually impossible by phone.

Would you kindly petition on our behalf that the ability to book one-way award travel on-line be restored asap?

Thanks.

Bill
LH Senator - Lifetime
Old Jan 10, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by WHarter1
As you probably already know, your call centers are already overloaded and your customers already spend an inordinate amout of time on hold.
Putting the additonal burden of booking one-way awards on them is not a good idea. In addition, searching for alternative dates, airports, etc becomes virtually impossible by phone.

Would you kindly petition on our behalf that the ability to book one-way award travel on-line be restored asap?

Thanks.

Bill
LH Senator - Lifetime

While Alison is still checking with someone to check with someone, you should enjoy your Lifetime-SEN with some answers:

One-way travel was never intended to be booked online. LH wants you to call them for one-way awards. There were some constellations where some people were able to book certain awards within Europe but in general this was never possible. While it would be a great enhancement, I don't see this coming in 2011. One-way awards will be limited to LH/LX/OS and integrated partner only - no one-way awards on SQ, TG and the likes.

If you want to check availability without a call-center, you may want to use tools that are known on FT, e.g. ANA-Tool or expertflyer.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 7:56 am

Another case that would need some clarification:

LH seems to have difficulties to release awards on the new 8-seat 744. While there are availabilities on 343 and 346 in First Class for both LH and third party carrier, it is impossible to get on the 744 even by using the SEN/HON waitlist.

People on FT would be grateful to know whether this is an IT-bug (yield management mechanism still calculating based on 16 seats) or whether this is new LH policy.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:48 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Programs: Official LH Real Person
Originally Posted by WHarter1
Petition officially submitted. I am checking with M&M and LH.com to see whether there are any plans for integrating one way award travel online

@SMK77 looking into the availability of award seats on the 744

@Mikana I need to check with OPs regarding the AC rotation and why the A380 was not flown on that route

I have also not forgotten about the SWU topic. Many of these issues require cooperation from a number of department to get the correct information so as alwasy I appreciate your patience. I will post answers as soon as I have them.

Thanks
Alison
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
Alison,

Will you be able to chase one ongoing issue with M&M team?

Since LOT Polish Airlines started to fly from Warsaw, PL to Bydgoszcz, PL (BZG) the miles for that route were not posted at all, in any booking class. That was because of system bug. LOT was informed by passengers in December and we got a message from Dorota Haller (Marketing Director, LOT) that since 10th of January miles are posting correctly but for flights after this date.

There is a problem, as passengers who flew on this route in December have still no miles posted, when filling the online claim for it comes with the e-mail to send paper boarding passes.

Polish M&M team states that it's not possible for them to post the miles and the issue is under German M&M IT. However, it takes deffinitely too long to resolve the bug and post the old miles.

Would you be able to find out any date when the problem should be resolved? Some of my friends took part in the FTL promotion (status for 30 flown segments) and they have still basic status, even the segments were flown last year. They are unable to use profits of having the status.

Thank you in advance,
Tomasz
Old Jan 14, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Adding on to the above post, there also seems to be a problem crediting OS flights from December. I assume M&M is aware, but thought best to post in case they are not.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 2:20 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by the_horvaths
Adding on to the above post, there also seems to be a problem crediting OS flights from December. I assume M&M is aware, but thought best to post in case they are not.
That's true. A lot of OS flights in December 2010 are missing on my account.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 4:05 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
None of my flights posted, although half were credited retroactively using the online form. The other half had to be sent in by mail, and I imagine will take some time to credit.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 4:37 pm

Hello FT'ers

Had a heart to heart with my colleagues from M&M in the US and have some info to share:

There have been a number of questions about booking award travel online. M&M has verified that at this time there are currently no plans to implement changes to the booking engine that would allow you to book stopovers, one-way awards or 3 region awards online. Improvements, however, are always considered so I encourage you to continue to send your feedback and suggestions which I will pass on to the development team and Miles & More.

@Unterwegs I understand your point and unfortunately no profound explanation for you. The companion offer is simply only valid for award ticket to award ticket and not a combination with revenue and award.

@SMK77 No new policy or IT bug for award seats on the 744. With only 8 seats to sell, there will be very limited award availability. It is likely that seats will only be released close to departure. If you have a specific example please pass it on and I will have someone look in to it.

And for the most popular topic UA SWU's. After a question about the use of a UA SWU by a third party without the member being present I posted that Lufthansa was not obliged to accept a third party voucher as there was no established policy for the transfer of the voucher. Although some may disagree, while it is printed on the voucher that it is transferable, there are no instructions on how or what constitutes an acceptable transer, i.e. there is no where on the voucher to sign it over or to assign it to a third party.

For the benefit of all involved we would like to establish either and electronic or defined process to avoid any future confusion or inconsistancies. Since the vouchers are a benefit of the United Mileage Plus program they need to establish the process. In the interim and until we can establish an official guideline the following will be communicated to our colleagues at airports in the US:

UA SWU held by a third party not accompanying a member will be accepted if
passenger is booked in an eligible class
space is available
meals are available
all other operation requirements are met

It is also important to mention that a SWU does not carry your standby priority or status as an Elite member unless the passenger traveling is also an Elite member.

I just want to reiterate that this decision was agreed upon by the station coordinator and the Miles & More represenatives in the US and will be communicated to stations in the US as a first step. We will continue to work on a consistant global solution with United Ailrines Mileage Plus program.

If you experience problem using a UA SWU for a third party please let me know via PM the airport, date request was made, for which flight and name/ticket number of the passenger so we can research further.

I have a few more questions I have collected over the past week and will try to get back to you as soon as I can with some responses.

As always thank you for your patience.

Alison
Old Jan 20, 2011, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by LHconnect
For the benefit of all involved we would like to establish either an electronic or defined process to avoid any future confusion or inconsistancies. Since the vouchers are a benefit of the United Mileage Plus program they need to establish the process.
Entirely reasonable.

In the interim and until we can establish an official guideline the following will be communicated to our colleagues at airports in the US:

UA SWU held by a third party not accompanying a member will be accepted if
passenger is booked in an eligible class
space is available
meals are available
all other operation requirements are met

If you experience problem using a UA SWU for a third party please let me know via PM the airport, date request was made, for which flight and name/ticket number of the passenger so we can research further.
Thank you, this is fair and very helpful.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:28 am

@SMK77 No new policy or IT bug for award seats on the 744. With only 8 seats to sell, there will be very limited award availability. It is likely that seats will only be released close to departure. If you have a specific example please pass it on and I will have someone look in to it.
alison,

the LH airbus fleet never had more than 8 F seats and it never seemed to be a problem to get awards, even on busy routes. it still is to that date no problem to get F awards on said aircrafts, whereas it is a problem (almost impossible) to get them on 747s.

i'm sure i'm not the only one who is a bit confused by this development, maybe you can shed some light on whats the difference between 8 F seats on a 747 and 8 F seats on an airbus...

cheers

Last edited by sentom; Jan 22, 2011 at 4:48 am
Old Jan 21, 2011, 2:30 pm

I am checking with M&M on the status of the IT issues with LO mileage credit. I hope to have an update for you early next week.

Happy weekend!
Alison
Old Jan 21, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
I am checking with M&M on the status of the IT issues with LO mileage credit. I hope to have an update for you early next week.
Thank you, but this was resolved a couple of days ago.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:01 am

Good work, Alison! Also good to see that our feedback has triggered a communication in the US to ground staff to ensure that everyone understands that there is no change in policy and the use of SWU continues as it has been handled properly for years.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by sentom
alison,

the LH airbus fleet never had more than 8 F seats and it never seemed to be a problem to get awards, even on busy routes. it still is to that date no problem to get F awards on said aircrafts, whereas it is a problem (almost impossible) to get them on 747s.

i'm sure i'm not the only one who is a bit confused by this development, maybe you can shed some light on whats the difference between 8 F seats on a 747 and 8 F seats on an airbus...

cheers
Probably due to the fact that LH thinks you will be getting a better product on the 747 - two seats in F for the price of one ... Until the conversion is completed in 2018!

Probably we can expect A330/340 F availability to disappear soon too?

First Class awards - KEIN Produkt von Lufthansa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.