Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Chances MCO-FRA-MCO?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Upgrade Chances MCO-FRA-MCO?

Does anyone have insight into historical F loads for the week before Christmas from MCO-FRA and a return FRA-MCO during the first week of the New Year?

The contemplated upgrade would be from paid Biz to F using UA SWU's. Am I correct that these are only good on day of travel, at the airport, and of course space available?

Although biz is filling up, F looks pretty open during these weeks. Equipment changes to 747-4 during this time.

It doesn't seem like there would be many business travelers during the Holiday period. Anyone familiar with this route?

Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Wow, they changed it to a 747-400, the last time I checked they were planning to use a A340 beginning of September.
I think your chances should be quite good. I flew this route this month and there were 6 (FRA-MCO) and 7 (MCO-FRA) people in F. Me and my girlfriend were on a F award and I know for certain that 3 people upgraded, so I guess the normal F load isn't too high.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Looking at 15DEC-25DEC on the MCO-FRA flight, you'll be fine, especially since its a 744. F won't go out empty by any means, but you won't have any issues upgrading.

Looking at 1JAN-8JAN on FRA-MCO, pretty much the same, even better chances than the outbound.

And yes you're correct, UA SWUs need to be done same day, standby basis only.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by denCSA
And yes you're correct, UA SWUs need to be done same day, standby basis only.
Airport only or can this be done by phone day of travel? Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by TPA us ff
Airport only or can this be done by phone day of travel? Thanks.
Strictly airport only!
Should be easy though on the 747.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.