FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   FRA, HON short Connex strategy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1139385-fra-hon-short-connex-strategy.html)

Fendant Oct 22, 2010 5:18 am

FRA, HON short Connex strategy

Arrived this morning on LH 757 from BOM ( scheduled 08:55 into B 22 ) and had a connection to ZRH at 09:00 ( as usual far A gate, A 36 ). Flight touched down 15 mins delayed and plane was directed to a holding position waiting for B 22 to clear (at least it wa snot a C gate ). At 08:25 I asked the FA that they notify the short transfer service as it was now well below the 45 minute threshold. Was told that this was not possible and that I should hope that transfer manager would realise our short connex.
When we deplaned at 08:35 I saw help in form of a HON driver waiting witha sign "Mr. Norek". I asked him wether he would go to A gates which he confirmed. I asked to join the ride, and got a rude " you walk, this is for HON only ". I told him that I was HON he yelled at me " You are NOT Mr. Norek, Walk !!! ". :mad:Which I did and made it to A 36 in 16 mins ( my personal record ! ), exhausted, sweating and fuming.

In the connecting flight I saw a fellow HON pax seemingly relaxed enjoying his newspaper and mineral water. I asked him how he made his short connection He told me that he saw the driver and the sign with Mr. "XYZ" and told him " I am a friend of Mr. XYZ". He got the transfer ^

So the strategy is: Don't be turned away by the rude drivers, just say you are travelling with Mr. XYZ and you might make your connections:confused:in FRAnkensteins hell.

oliver2002 Oct 22, 2010 5:48 am

Or get the phone number of the FRA & MUC direct transfer scheduler from your HON PA and call them when you are waitin on the tarmac for a gate. @:-)

Rambuster Oct 22, 2010 5:52 am

Unbelievable ...

johndeere19 Oct 22, 2010 5:53 am

I believe the flight was scheduled to arrive at 7:55 not 8:55...a scheduled 5 minute connection would just be silly. From what I've read, even a 1h5m transfer can be a little iffy at FRA and far from relaxing.

I hope you got the driver's name to complain about the rudeness (assuming you actually are HON and had some proof of this at the time)...this kind of thing just isn't acceptable for top fliers. In future, carry proof of your HON status and calmly state "As you can see, I am HON and would appreciate you giving me a ride or at least calling to get me a ride."

seat 1a Oct 22, 2010 7:34 am

Very unusual , I find the drivers are normally very polite and helpful .

mamb0 Oct 22, 2010 7:44 am

You have to complain. If not for yourself but for all the other pax.

If you do not have the name of the driver, just use the flight number and the date. This will enable LH to identify the culprit.

I had the same experience in MUC. Was in F. Driver wouldn't accept my mobile bp. Yelled at me to get lost. Went to the FCL where I verbally and then in writing complained.

Fendant Oct 22, 2010 8:08 am

Originally Posted by johndeere19 (Post 14991769)
I believe the flight was scheduled to arrive at 7:55 not 8:55...a scheduled 5 minute connection would just be silly. From what I've read, even a 1h5m transfer can be a little iffy at FRA and far from relaxing.

You are right, it was 07:55 scheduled arrival.

Fendant Oct 22, 2010 8:09 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 14991754)
Or get the phone number of the FRA & MUC direct transfer scheduler from your HON PA and call them when you are waitin on the tarmac for a gate. @:-)

Thx Oliver,good idea, will do next week. BTW never had an issue in MUC

seat 1a Oct 22, 2010 8:14 am

Lot of yelling going on from the drivers , are you guys sure you approach and treat them with dignity :confused:

mamb0 Oct 22, 2010 9:27 am

Originally Posted by seat 1a (Post 14992370)
Lot of yelling going on from the drivers , are you guys sure you approach and treat them with dignity :confused:

Fair question, although the answer is subjective, I would say I was. But I guess after he told me, that my mobile bp is insufficient proof I was close to losing it. And: Was the only occurance where I had an issue with a driver. Other than that I totaly agree with your observation.

AVSA Oct 22, 2010 11:34 am

Originally Posted by johndeere19 (Post 14991769)
...this kind of thing just isn't acceptable for top fliers..."

I'd dare to say all fliers.

supermasterphil Oct 22, 2010 12:44 pm

Yelling is never okay in the service industry. Even if a person on a cheap S ticket approaches the driver for whatever reason, he has to answer politely, no matter what the request was. Of course, he can't give in unless it is justified (like in the OPs case)

Definitely complain!

rorschi Oct 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Fendant (Post 14991676)
I asked to join the ride, and got a rude " you walk, this is for HON only ".

Had once a similar situation (they mixed something up) at VIE. I remained politely and have shown my black card - than the driver offered herself to call the limo-service, and the next limo was on the spot within two minutes.

Of course VIE is not FRAPORT, but I guess with an authoritative, but POLITE manner one should get his service in such a situation (especially if there are available seats in the limo/van).
If the driver was really as rude as an average taxi-driver at FRA airport, I would put up quite a lot of energy for complaining - such a behaviour is nothing else than inacceptable.