FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Problems earning M&M miles on ET (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1136012-problems-earning-m-m-miles-et.html)

Arnur Oct 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Problems earning M&M miles on ET

Hi folks,

I'm currently based in Juba, Southern Sudan, and have discovered that by far the cheapest and in some ways most convenient way to travel between my duty station and Germany is to go on ET. I'm traveling every six to eight weeks and obviously I'm keen to collect miles, preferably with M&M rather than with ET's own Sheba Miles program. So far, even though I have dutifully added my M&M number to the reservation and also keep showing the card at check-in (which at least in Frankfurt is now handled by LH staff), the miles have never posted automatically, so I've gotten used to mailing the boarding passes etc.

However, when I checked my account statement today, I've noted a new problem. My ticket JUB - ADD - FRA - ADD - JUB is booked in "L" class, which according to the M&M website should get me 100% of the distance miles. However, my account statement only shows 1,662 miles for the longer sectors and 500 miles for the shorter ones. It seems to me that M&M has only given me 50% of the distance miles. This has never happened to me before and I wonder what I'm supposed to do to rectify this.

To make matters more complicated, I bought an upgrade to business class on my return flight from FRA to ADD. ET still offers space available upgrades at check-in for 300 Euro, which I consider worthwhile for the night flight. I did send M&M the printout from ET showing that I had been re-booked into "C" class and that I had actually paid for that upgrade. Nevertheless, M&M has also only given me 50% of the distance miles for that flight.

What would you suggest? Any pointers would be most appreciated.

DownUnderFlyer Oct 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Nice place to be stationed. Must be fun watching the implementation of the peace agreement. And waiting for January.

The only way to rectify this is by talking to M&M and getting it fixed. It seems that this is all a manual process and this will only get better once ET has joined *A.

So hopefully your internet connection allows Skype and you can give LH a call to get this sorted (the EU and US compounds in Juba most probably have decent internet). Otherwise use the form on the website.

Arnur Oct 14, 2010 2:25 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 14941842)
Nice place to be stationed. Must be fun watching the implementation of the peace agreement. And waiting for January.

Exciting times, indeed.

The only way to rectify this is by talking to M&M and getting it fixed. It seems that this is all a manual process and this will only get better once ET has joined *A.

Thanks, I had hoped there might be another way rather than calling.

So hopefully your internet connection allows Skype and you can give LH a call to get this sorted (the EU and US compounds in Juba most probably have decent internet). Otherwise use the form on the website.

Yes, we do have decent internet. Unless it rains (it's satelite-based) or the generator breaks down.. :-)

oliver2002 Oct 14, 2010 2:51 am

If you are interested I can send you the fax number of an M&M angel in Verl. Just PM me.

TomRohwer Oct 14, 2010 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Arnur (Post 14933789)
So far, even though I'm dutifully adding my M&M number to the reservation and also show the card at check-in (which at least in Frankfurt is now handled by LH staff), the miles have never posted automatically, so I've gotten used to mailing the boarding passes etc.

Same problem often occurs with Turkish Airlines...;) Just send in your boarding passes.

It seems to me that M&M has only given me 50% of the distance miles. This has never happened to me before and I wonder what I'm supposed to do to rectify this.
Contact Miles & More helpdesk. They are really very friendly and helpful. Seems to be a mistake by ET. L should earn 100% indeed.

To make matters more complicated, I bought an upgrade to business class on my return flight from FRA to ADD. ET still offers space available upgrades at check-in for 300 Euro, which I consider worthwhile for the night flight. I did send M&M the printout from ET showing that I had been re-booked into "C" class and that I had actually paid for that upgrade. Nevertheless, M&M has also only given me 50% of the distance miles for that flight.
Again: Miles & More helpdesk.

Either they will correct it or they will explain over which Miles & More abnormality You had stumbled...;)

Arnur Oct 18, 2010 3:35 pm

Issue resolved by M&M Helpdesk

I'm currently on leave in Germany and phoned the M&M helpdesk to sort out the matter. It took me two phone calls to get it resolved, but they admitted that L class should indeed earn 100% distance miles and that it was not credited automatically due to a software bug (which is now fixed). They did manually correct the account and also gave me 200% distance miles for the FRA-ADD sector which I had upgraded for cash. I feel the matter has been resolved quite nicely and competently. Now, if ET would become a full member of Star Team (allowing me to earn status miles), I would be very happy indeed (and continue to ignore the somewhat haphazard service on ET).

DownUnderFlyer Oct 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Arnur (Post 14968200)
Now, if ET would become a full member of Star Team (allowing me to earn status miles), I would be very happy indeed (and continue to ignore the somewhat haphazard service on ET).

You wish is our command:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...join-star.html

Also, it is either Skyteam or Star Alliance. Only if they'd merge ( :eek: ) would we have Star Team.

Glad that everything was resolved so easily. ^

Arnur Oct 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 14968369)

Prompt service, I like that. They said something to that effect in their on-board magazine, but it seemed to me that some processes needed improving..

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 14968369)
Also, it is either Skyteam or Star Alliance. Only if they'd merge ( :eek: ) would we have Star Team.

See, that happens when a long-term Skyteam loyalists like me returns to the M&M family..