Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wrongly spelled name on ticket OK? [merged name issues]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:50 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No problem whatsoever, small mistakes are acceptable.
mrpolla likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 3:39 pm

Passport Name vs Ticket for LH

My corporate travel company has me listed as Mike, vs my Passport is Michael, therefore my ticket was issued as Mike. I am a US Citizen and reside in the US.

I am flying United (J class) Houston to Barcelona and with a call to United (vs the corporate travel agent) they made the name change from Mike to Michael. My return is LH flying Barcelona to Houston Via Frankfurt (F class) and the ticket is issued as Mike. The corporate travel agent couldn't get through to LH but suggested I would be fine with Mike. . Is this a case of hang up and try again (it must be corrected) or will Mike vs Michael be acceptable on LH?

Many thanks
Old May 3, 2022, 8:53 pm

I would definitely get that fixed
Old May 3, 2022, 11:27 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

See the rules in post 152 of this thread. You can send that to your travel agent and ask them to update to DOCS SSR in the PNR.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:13 am

Thanks so much, so likely no issues as it reads changes nicknames are acceptable to fly (Bill to William) I assume Mike to Michael is the same. ?
Old May 4, 2022, 7:22 am

Considering the US is destination/origin, I'd be careful. Definitely have a note added to the ticket, and let your TA know that they'll make any future bookings under your right name.

Most probably you'll be fine with a note, but expect checkin to take longer at the very least.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:00 am

LH support to the TA will change Mike to Michael for free:

LUFTHANSA GROUP GUIDELINE FOR NAME CORRECTIONS 4/7
Please note that not every requested change will be accepted as a name correction. The following corrections are allowed once in each case:
 Correction of up to two (2) letters in the first name, middle name or surname which you can make yourself (e.g. BRWON to BROWN) or
Correction of nicknames by your Lufthansa Group Agency Support (e.g. BILL to WILLIAM, USCHI to URSULA, PACO to FRANCISCO) or
 Correction of names in inverted sequence (first name/surname transposed, e.g. PETER/WILLIAM to WILLIAM/PETER) by your Lufthansa Group Agency Support.
 For name corrections after ticketing for tickets sold in India or Brazil (Point of sale: IN or BR), please contact your Lufthansa Group Agency Support.
Old May 13, 2022, 3:47 pm

Name Change

My own fault, booked 6 people on a flight a few months ago and put in a totally wrong name. Rang customer service and they will only change 2 letters. Anyone any advice or workarounds? Flight prices gone up a lot since, and the I'll have to pay for the new booking...

I am not a regular customer and have no status with them.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: LH HON
No way.
oscarmac likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 5:01 pm

Thanks for your reply. Only myself to blame.
Old May 13, 2022, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought it was 3 letters, and only if it doesn't change the name too much.

Depending on the route, there might not be any ID check.
Old May 14, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by hugolover
I thought it was 3 letters, and only if it doesn't change the name too much.

Depending on the route, there might not be any ID check.
just because many routes don’t usually check IDs, they CAN always be checked so relying on that may be a pretty risky move
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
So, I'm having problems with a LH (SN) reservation with UA legs on it where my UA FF profile has my middle name, yet LH seems to not actually use the middle name when booking tickets. Has anyone come across this? UA rejects my FF number on the grounds that the ticket doesn't match my Mileage Plus account name. LH and SN don't seem to have any such problems. I'm a little annoyed that the LH website has a place to enter your middle name, yet they don't seem to actually put that on the ticket. Apparently I have to call LH (not book using the website) to get a ticket booked with a middle name. The UA rep suggested putting my first and middle names in the first name field. It seems strange that LH website doesn't include a middle name on the ticket when you enter it.

My resolutions are pretty much down to two options: 1) claim retroactive credit for the UA legs, or 2) cancel the ticket (for the second time within 24 hours) and call LH to rebook using my middle name.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by tods27
So, I'm having problems with a LH (SN) reservation with UA legs on it where my UA FF profile has my middle name, yet LH seems to not actually use the middle name when booking tickets. Has anyone come across this? UA rejects my FF number on the grounds that the ticket doesn't match my Mileage Plus account name. LH and SN don't seem to have any such problems. I'm a little annoyed that the LH website has a place to enter your middle name, yet they don't seem to actually put that on the ticket. Apparently I have to call LH (not book using the website) to get a ticket booked with a middle name. The UA rep suggested putting my first and middle names in the first name field. It seems strange that LH website doesn't include a middle name on the ticket when you enter it.

My resolutions are pretty much down to two options: 1) claim retroactive credit for the UA legs, or 2) cancel the ticket (for the second time within 24 hours) and call LH to rebook using my middle name.
Surely option 1 is the easiest solution
Old Aug 14, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by tods27

I also agree that option 1 is better. Keep in mind though; the Europeans write middle names as part of their first name. If you insert it as a middle name, no one cares and thus it won't show up anywhere. So, if on your UA profile your name is "First Middle Last", next time you book a European ticket write "First Middle" as the first name, and ignore the field for middle name. Had issues like this myself until I started writing it this way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.