Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Dolomiti [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
MUC-BLQ is operated by EN and LH only codeshares (LH948x), so no lounge access in MUC & BLQ for *G on EN flight. No delights to go for *G in Y either. Amex only grants entry for LH flight BP holders. You can try your look, but most likely computer will say no.

No lounge access in MUC/FRA, but you should be able to use BLQ lounge:

https://www.airdolomiti.eu/lounges

Lounge Access Policy – Italian and Austrian airports
As a general rule, lounge facilities exist for the following passengers if departing on an AIR DOLOMITI flight:
• HON Circle Members (HON)
• Senator Members (SEN)
• Star Alliance Members with Gold Status (YY*G)
• Business Class passengers.
***Frequent Travellers (FTL) are not entitled to use the lounge with an exception for Milan Malpensa Airport, where the access to Lufthansa VIP Lounge is allowed also for FTL with Air Dolomiti boarding pass***
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So I will get access to the lounge in FRA this week as a FTL travelling on Air Dolomiti with a LH flight number?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The key is if the flight is also operated & sold under an EN flight number.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Er..well, I think so, I had this confusion earlier where my flight was sold under two flight numbers, 9506 and 8826. A poster elsewhere told me that the 8826 number was under the EN code and the 9506 one under the LH code (that wasn't at all clear from the booking confirmations from the OTA). Usually I'm up to scratch with this sort of thing, but I found this a bit confusing.

So if it is operated with both EN and LH numbers (I have the LH9506 flight number on my booking) then I will get lounge access? And if it is just an EN flight number, then no access?
That would explain what happened in Zurich a few years back, where I was refused lounge access on an EN coded (no codeshares) flight from ZRH to VRN. Similarly, the lounge access in VRN was refused with a clear Nyet. Made me annoyed with the stupid pointless rules about lounge access, never had that nonsense over at SkyTeam.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, as to be expected, Air Dolomiti is nothing special these days (FRA-VRN on 4th January). A sandwich was given out that was branded Settimocielo, which was quite nice and consisted of pastrami, and Italian wine was available from the bottle (the white was quite good, nice and fruity).

I escaped the emergency exit seat to the unpopulated rear of the plane, to get away from an apparently sick John who was spitting into an empty packet of biscuits and loudly coughing, of course without the slightest attempt to cover his mouth: the usual headphones types (why are people so HORRIBLE?). But I was told to return to the emergency exit for landing because they needed somebody in the seat in case of emergency.

The other thing is, I can't work out what the new logo compared to the previous one is.
livefromtuscany and hugolover like this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:01 pm

Air Dolomiti *G lounge access

Hi

I am about to book a ticket WAW-FRA-VRN. Ticket will be booked on LH page, both legs are with LH number, but second leg is operated by Air Dolomiti (LH9508). I am *G (but not SEN) WIll I have access in FRA to the lounge?

Similarly for the return trip, will I have access in VRN. WIll I be able to invite guest who is on another Star Alliance flight?

Thanks for help as my quick research gave me contradictory results.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:27 pm

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Short answer: no access in FRA, access plus guest in VRN.

Long answer: EN specifically excludes lounge access for flights departing from Germany on EN marketed flights/LH codeshares (LH9000 range in this case) for non LH *G, but grant it in Italy (though they wouldn’t even have to as their not a member of *A). There should be another thread somewhere around here where the rules are quoted, but should be on EN‘s website as well (though it’s confusing I agree).
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:58 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, TK*EPL, A3*G, HH Diamond
Has something changed recently? I was denied lounge access in VRN last year, but then I suddenly realised I still have some free passes with my Diners M&M card, so I got in.
However you can really skip the lounge as it's before security and there's basically nothing inside.
I'd rather arrive at the airport just 30 minutes before boarding starts. It's absolutely better to spend some more time in Verona than visit the lounge.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

But I got in at FRA, as FTL, no problems. It's VRN where I was refused. Economy class itinerary on LH flight numbers.
Old May 29, 2020, 5:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

EN Invol rules:
https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_147773.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
file_147773.pdf (656.0 KB, 26 views)
Old Oct 7, 2020, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Interestingly, Air Dolomiti (EN) are offering some new destinations that presumably have some economic importance. I see that MUC is now connected to Cuneo and Forlì (can't remember the codes exactly, although I think Cuneo is CUF).
Cuneo is southwest of Turin towards the French Alps, on the E74 (I wonder what sort of road that would be, looking at it - it ends up in Ventimiglia).
Forlì is near the Adriatic Sea just south of Ravenna on one of Italy's main highways, so it is probably an industrial zone.

Further interesting looking connections according to the wonky EN online timetable include both Berlin and Düsseldorf to Verona. For a long time it looked as if EN had mostly dropped VRN to concentrate on MUC. The flight that had connected VRN with VIE finally disappeared. For a long time this route was the only one operated with Air Dolomiti's own EN code.

It would be interesting to see if some of these new destinations and connections can be brought up in the new mileage bargain offer. I haven't tried playing around with it yet.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Got a message today from Air Dolomiti to say that they were starting a new service between the city pair Munich and Aarhus. That seems like an unusual choice, well outside the Italian territory they are more familiar with. I would have thought that this was more suited to SUN-AIR of Scandinavia, but this latter have apparently shut down completely until August 2021. By the way, I really hope Air Dolomiti doesn't go BoB like the rest of Lufthansa Group.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 12:59 am

EN is more or less based in MUC and operates a number of routes on wetlease for LH too. This odd EN route is probably to get airport subsidies from both AAR and MUC for opening a new route.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MUC-VRN is there lounge access for M&M status in MUC?
What about Star Gold?
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm not sure. I was refused it in Zurich when they operated VRN-ZRH and vv

Has anyone tried the new Aarhus route yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.