Wiki Posts
Search

Air Dolomiti [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So the EN code really excludes lounge access and the miles? I am still struggling to really be sure what is what. I thought miles earning was excluded from fares that carried fancy names such as Emotion or whatever. In truth, I was really hoping that a ticket bought on Expedia, which does not carry these fancy names, just Economy Class, would work as far as miles is concerned. For lounges, I've only had bad experiences with EN flights. Have they really not bothered attending to these inconsistencies yet? According to the M&M website, all should be ok. The fare classes are listed there, it doesn't say that EN coded flights are excluded.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Air Dolomiti Amenity kit

Aselwyn likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Concerto
So the EN code really excludes lounge access and the miles? I am still struggling to really be sure what is what. I thought miles earning was excluded from fares that carried fancy names such as Emotion or whatever. In truth, I was really hoping that a ticket bought on Expedia, which does not carry these fancy names, just Economy Class, would work as far as miles is concerned. For lounges, I've only had bad experiences with EN flights. Have they really not bothered attending to these inconsistencies yet? According to the M&M website, all should be ok. The fare classes are listed there, it doesn't say that EN coded flights are excluded.
I suppose it could be somewhat similar to EW, miles and perks, but only for M&M status members. Since EN is a fully integrated M&M airline, but it is not in Star Alliance.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Sorry to be a bit unspecific, I was referring mainly to non-LH *G. Actually I just went through their FAQ section on the EN-website which solved a few mysteries for me regarding their lounge access policy (though its really inconsistent apparently): https://www.airdolomiti.eu/faq/at-the-aiport

To summarize, in MUC and FRA, lounge access is as usual for M&M status holders, but NO access for *G.
At Italian airports, *G DO get access to their lounges when travelling in Y on an EN ticket.

Btw HON/SEN/*G get an additional free checked bag on all fares except for light.

There is NO mileage accrual for M&M on light, plus and emotion fares (according to M&M website). I'm not sure what will happen if you book through Expedia, you might get a LH ticket and earn miles or they just put you on an EN ticket in the light fare...

Talk about consistency within the LH group...
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EN got a new livery this week, probably to get it more in line with Mama LH:

https://italiavola.com/2019/01/08/ai...la-coda-verde/

Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Shame, real shame. Needless to say I like their current livery. Why touch something if it's already ok?
Old May 2, 2019, 1:12 am

Air Dolomiti (EN) mileage credit delay - and delays

With my current weekly bus ride commute FRA-TRN being completely converted to EN from LH (or a mix thereof) recently, I am finding that mileage credit is painfully slow. Just me, or do others here have the same experience?

Regarding delays: this route is never on time, ever. Irrespective of the flight origin being FRA or TRN. I've lost count of the number of negative feedbacks I've given to LH via the app. On occasion I've had a response... I wonder if the decision to make this an official EN only route is just a bait-and-switch tactic by LH to improve their OTP by removing the bad statistics generated by EN.....sneaky LH....

On a positive note I do like the E190/195 planes used on this route and the EN cabin crew are generally great.
Old May 2, 2019, 1:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The operation of flights under the EN flight number has a few reasons, mainly of financial nature (EN gets different revenue depending on how the flight is operated as codeshare or wetlease), and some on tactical reasons (getting a better slot, some subsidies from the airport for starting new routes etc). I doubt punctuality is high up on that list.
Old May 2, 2019, 1:26 am

Feedback from LH by phone on this topic about 3 months ago was: we don't have enough planes. Management knows. More planes have been ordered....please continue to post feedback on App...

And you are right: punctuality is not on their list....I just don't trust them to be on time anymore so I am booking day before / morning after flights now, where I used to just book same day. I missed so many meetings....and the additional cost/time is not just lost in the ether....

Last edited by FS_FRA; May 2, 2019 at 1:29 am Reason: added
Old May 2, 2019, 1:37 am

The 3 remaining CL E195 (D-AEMC/BB/BC) will go to EN. 4 CL E195 have already transferred: https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/regional
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
LH Codeshare, operating Ailine EN

Dear All,

Follwing situation:

1. Ticket stock LH
2. Flight number LH94xx
3. Operated by Air Dolomiti (flight number EN85xx on BP but bought as LH94xx)

Does this flight earn miles ? On my last 2 flights recently I have gotten no miles credited. Before when it was a wet lease everything worked fine with the mileage credit. Also there was standard LH priority boarding so I believe I should get miles credited ? Am I wrong ?

Since I fly to Turin 10-15 times per year I would like to avoid not getting any miles or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:32 am

What booking class was on the BP with the EN number? If booked as LH flight you will get the codeshare translate fareclass miles.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e..._basic_01.html
In order to earn miles on a flight with Air Dolomiti, simply book your ticket in Economy Light, Economy Classic, Economy Flex or Business Class at the Lufthansa tariff.
Travel classBooking classMilesBusiness ClassA, F, J2,000Business ClassC, D1,250Business ClassG, H, O, P, R, U, Z 750Economy ClassY1,250Economy ClassB750Economy ClassM, Q500Economy ClassE, K, L, N, S, T, V, W125
Kid Flyer likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
It was a LH ticket NUE-FRA-TRN—MUC-NUE...

Booked in M class according to LH, but good to know that some miles will post sooner or later m, the last 2 did not but I mist admit I am very poor in following this up
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: *G, OWS
Currently booket on PAD-MUC-BLQ in Y. I'm a *G but not from M&M:

My current understandig is that i get lounge access (for me & a guest) in PAD (not that the lounge there is worth arriving early for) and on the return in BLQ and MUC. Furthermore I get one additional piece of hold luggage.

The one thing I'm not sure of is the lounge access in MUC on the way to Bologna. Since I've got a same day departing *A ticket (even if it's from a different airport) do I get lounge access? What about the business lounge at K11 - do I get access there with my Amex when flying on an air dolomiti ticket?
Is the delights to go still restricted to LH group FQT-cards and C&F tickets?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:03 am

MUC-BLQ is operated by EN and LH only codeshares (LH948x), so no lounge access in MUC & BLQ for *G on EN flight. No delights to go for *G in Y either. Amex only grants entry for LH flight BP holders. You can try your look, but most likely computer will say no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.