Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Dolomiti [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:34 pm

Air Dolomiti, Lufthansa

Flew two (economy) segments on Air Dolomiti in the last two weeks: Munich to Verona and Florence to Munich. What a pleasant airline to fly with. Our take: a very modern, well maintained, well staffed airline. It reminded us both of how nice flying "used to be". Efficient boarding, comfortable seats, newspaper, even snacks on short flights.
For this trip, we also had two domestic United Express flights, one transatlantic United flight (Economy Plus), and a return transatlantic on Lufthansa (our return United flight was cancelled, Lufthansa was our rebooked carrier). The Lufthansa Customer Service desk in Munich was professional and pleasant to work with. The Lufthansa flight from Munich to Denver was also a great flight. On both Air Dolomiti and Lufthansa, the cabin crew were exceptionally professional and efficient. They clearly maintained full awareness the passenger cabin throughout each flight. It seemed that staffing ratios (to passenger number) was higher than on similar US flag carriers, but it may just have been that the staff remained highly visible throughout the flights. Lufthansa could not honor our paid United Economy Plus, but we were suprisingly comfortable way back in row 53 on a two side. The seats themselveswere more comfortable for us than were our United Economy Plus. We have no complaints about the United legs, but the other carriers were a pleasant suprise. This was our first time flying these. It won't be our last.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Air Dolomiti EN-code. Miles to Star Alliance partners?

I recently flew to Verona on Lufthansa, via Munich. The MUC-VRN flights were operated by Air Dolomiti. Previously they used to carry a Lufthansa flight number, but nowadays it seems that they have switched to EN code. I only noticed this when I checked in, since my tickets were apparently sold as Lufthansa codeshare.

So far I haven't gotten any miles credited for the MUC-VRN segments. Booked a D-fare. Is there any point so submit a retro claim, or have Lufthansa once again decided to scam their customers and not award any miles for flights on their own subsidiary? I was able to use the Senator Lounge in Munich with Star Gold and a Business Class boarding pass.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: LH HON
Are you trying to credit to M&M or M&S?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Had my TK*G card entered on all boarding passes.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by LH4116
Had my TK*G card entered on all boarding passes.
Which makes it an EN flight so if TK and EN are not partners, it seems clear you don't earn miles?

Why not credit to LH, especially if you fly them so much anyway as stated in the other thread?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Managed about 8 segements on EN in the last year. All were booked as LH code shares, on LH stock with LH flight numbers. Not referring to LH flights operated by EN as wetlease which showed up at MUC all the time last year.

Some BPs showed EN flight numbers, mostly the ex-Italy flights. Also some D and Z fares mapped into equivalent of P or otherwise lower than expected IIRC. Half of the flights did not post automatically but retrocredit (to M&M) worked.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Here is the map of routes operated by EN , and wet-leased to LH.
http://www.airdolomiti.eu/uploads/si...ork_map_EU.jpg

Next time better avoid EN/LH ;-)
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
So EN got one E195 from Cityline recently and curiously repainted it in *A cls:

Is this to cover the wetlease they operate in MUC for LH or an indication of a regional *A partnership? (like JP, OU and once KF)
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: SK, A3, QR
So I scrolled through this thread but couldn't find any conclusive answers, so would be grateful if someone could help out:

I'm flying CPH-FRA-VRN-MUC-CPH in Y, the Verona legs both being Air Dolomiti and the Copenhagen legs LH. From what I gather on EN website, I will have lounge access in VRN as A3 Gold, but not in FRA. Is that correct? Seem to have read reports, that lounge access was given also in FRA/MUC when flying EN...

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:25 pm

I got access at FRA at wet-leased flight FRA-TRN. On native EN flight official policy is no access, but you can try. On native EN flights *A status is not printed on BP, and I suppose, that it is not encoded into QR code.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I am still, after all this time, unclear as to whether I get no miles whatsoever for EN coded Air Dolomiti flights booked through any channel, or whether those booked thought an OTA such as expedia would award miles because the class is not called Emotion, or whatever. It's just that it states on Miles & More Werbungthat Air Dolomiti is a Miles & More partner (like Luxair). Does it indisputably have to be booked under the LH code for it to work?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EN flights booked by whatever channel will earn you M&M miles.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
EN flights booked by whatever channel will earn you M&M miles.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002
I5 still says under the TCs that “it is not possible to earn miles with the LIGHT, PLUS and EMOTION fares from 1/5/2015”. I haven’t booked with Air Dolomiti for a long time so I don’t know what the booking process looks like. And anyway, I used Expedia the last time.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:32 pm

Don't bother with earning miles on Air Dolomiti - the mileage earning is ridiculous low - on the LH ticket on quite expensive W fare (450 EUR RT, 500 miles per segment on LH) I got only 125 miles on EN-operated flight. In addition the flight can be credited to M&M only. It's better to avoid EN flights.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Coming back to the eternal question mark that Air Dolomiti is, I am looking at a one way on their network (FRA-VRN). On Expedia, Economy books into T- or S-class (EUR112-118) and Business into an unknown class (EUR191), with Air Dolomiti flight numbers. Do any of these actually earn miles? On Expedia there is no mention of Emotion or all that stuff. And, the endless question again, can I use the lounge in FRA as an FTL, or if I am traveling in Business? I still haven't forgotten a silly and embarrassing moment at ZRH a couple of years back, even though in Business. EN coded flights had no access to the lounge there. This sort of thing is why I so much prefer the consistency of SkyTeam, generally, although they have smaller operators I have not really used (Hop ! and Transavia).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.