Boarding "circus" with LH?

Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Sasnes
"Post"-pandemic (and after a switch of home base airport and airline) I am back to travelling on LH and my old question came up again...

Does anyone have experiences to share on this?
Generally, showing the your existing physical *G card on the other partner would be enough for priority boarding; however, don't except an agent to allow you to board with Group 1 without showing any evidence. Unlike United's system, the LH Group system would not beep red if someone is trying to board early than usual.

Of course there would be cases at some outstations where the agents won't even check who is boarding with which group.
Sasnes likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 3:32 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Recent experiences at MUC and FRA show that when automatic gates are used they don't work if your boarding group has not yet been called yet. Gate agents also rejected people that were "running early" for boarding when they tried to bypass the automatic gates.
chris63, Sasnes and romans like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 3:47 am

Programs: LH HON
Outside MUC/FRA boarding seems to be free for all.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:04 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ckx2
Outside MUC/FRA boarding seems to be free for all.
It varies...

A couple of weeks back at MAH they made some families stand to one side because they were not group 1. Not babies/toddlers but certainly kindergarten/junior school age children.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:45 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The longhaul outstations are in the process of implementing the following groups:

chris63 and EJJBHX like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:44 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by supine
It varies...

A couple of weeks back at MAH they made some families stand to one side because they were not group 1. Not babies/toddlers but certainly kindergarten/junior school age children.
To my total surprise I observed the same in SOF a few days ago. Parents with infants can board with Group 1. Parents with kids need to wait for their respective group to be called...
Dave_C likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:11 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cas_de
Recent experiences at MUC and FRA show that when automatic gates are used they don't work if your boarding group has not yet been called yet. Gate agents also rejected people that were "running early" for boarding when they tried to bypass the automatic gates.
my negative experience with current boarding process is that gate agents reject all passengers - even if I came late to the gate and they are already open for the general boarding they make me queue. Wish that gate agents would in that case at least allow passengers with priority boarding to bypass the automatic gates/queue
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:24 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The longhaul outstations are in the process of implementing the following groups:

I thought that has always been the boarding process - as far as I know at least in Singapore they let First/HON board first or what has been the change?
curious - why this graph mentions VIP only for LX/OS? Does LH not have a VIP level and what is this VIP level at LX/OS
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver

interesting, so let's say a Marge and Homer sitting (mid and aisle) can only board after Bart has already boarded alone because of his window seat? Neat
mmff likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

If you are in a party with others the lowest group applies to all automatically.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:28 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by roc83
I thought that has always been the boarding process - as far as I know at least in Singapore they let First/HON board first or what has been the change?
curious - why this graph mentions VIP only for LX/OS? Does LH not have a VIP level and what is this VIP level at LX/OS
VIPs donít fly on a 2-2-2 configuration
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:07 pm

If you are in a party with others the lowest group applies to all automatically.
I am sure in the past I could take my family through priority boarding. Does this not apply anymore?
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
IME it is lowest group number so HON traveling in Y with family will be in group 1 not 4/5/6.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 4:43 pm

"Lowest" could mean exactly you're saying since it's a number system. Ie "lowest" is the best (because the lower the number, the better) as opposed to lower down the graphical list where "lowest" would be the worst.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 6:15 am

It has been too long since I lived in Germany. Now I remember that it is typical for lowest numbers to be considered better.
What a relief that this did not turn into another “enhancement”.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.