Boarding "circus" with LH?

Old Nov 7, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I avoid row 1 in the A32S, and usually the other pax boards first and stows their kitchen sink in the overhead
As long as it is other J pax who do that. Just had to do some flying on other airlines and KL struck me as a lot worse than LH/LX re defending the J bins.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I avoid row 1 in the A32S, and usually the other pax boards first and stows their kitchen sink in the overhead
& not much room for the kitchen sink after the FAs have had first pop..... but I do otherwise like Row 1 & you never know where the curtain is going....
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
LH should do this type of random stuff, just to make it more complicated
on CNN
Alaska Airlines (ALK) is offering priority boarding to passengers who are holding Starbucks' holiday-themed coffee cups, who will be able to stand in an "espresso" lane. The promotion between the two popular Seattle-based companies begins Thursday and ends Sunday.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by chris63
& not much room for the kitchen sink after the FAs have had first pop..... but I do otherwise like Row 1 & you never know where the curtain is going....
The curtain cannot go beyond row 2, so the first two rows are always designated for C. First row is crap because you have no stowage and the first row bins always has some equipment or crew luggage..
chris63 and Vixit like this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Sorry my German is a bit rusty, what does the word mean at the end of the Economy boarding zones?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Begleitperson? It means companion.
iLied likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:21 am

Thanks, yes that word. So does it mean someone from the next boarding zone can board with them?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iLied
Thanks, yes that word. So does it mean someone from the next boarding zone can board with them?
Companion = someone travelling with you on the same booking
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Companion = someone travelling with you on the same booking
Im aware of what a companion is, I was just checking what implication it has for LH boarding zones.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iLied
Im aware of what a companion is, I was just checking what implication it has for LH boarding zones.
They wont separate companions at boarding
koriobg and iLied like this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:05 am

Group boarding

In order to ensure you can board quickly and comfortably, we are dividing the boarding procedure into the following groups:

Pre-boardingFamilies with babies and small children under 5, unaccompanied minors, passengers with reduced mobility

Group 1HON Circle Members, Senators, Star Alliance Gold Card holders

Group 2Business Class passengers, Economy Flex passengers

Group 3Economy Class passengers with a window seat and companions

Group 4Economy Class passengers with middle seats and companions

Group 5Economy Class passengers with aisle seats

After pre-boarding, we begin the boarding of Priority Groups 1 and 2. Then Groups 3 to 5 are invited to board.

With the new window middle aisle boarding-order we want to ensure that you get to your seat swiftly. In this way we avoid the situation of passengers in aisle seats having to continually get up to let pass passengers with window or middle seats. For this reason, we ask for your understanding when we consistently adhere to this boarding group order.

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/boarding
koriobg and iLied like this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
LH Introduces Boarding Groups

Tomorrow, one of my relatives is traveling with LH and after I've checked-in online I have noticed that GRP 1 appears on his boarding pass.
It's my first time seeing boarding group numbers on a LH flight.
That relative is TK*G so he might be on the first group due to that when traveling Y.

I assume that this is a new movement from LH in order to reduce the confusion of boarding groups, especially on wide-body aircraft where boarding is ( was ) done via seat numbers.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IME, *Golds are invited to board with business class pax on 2-class equipment, which are normally called first, e.g. Group 1 equivalent in this case.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:37 am

It would be nice to see some order added to the queues at the gate.

Right now at FRA the hordes just mass right in front of the gate spilling across the entire thoroughfare and blocking folk trying to walk to a gate further down the pier or vice versa.

As demeaning as the usual cattle zone system is, at least the queue barriers get the reasonable folk to stand out of the way.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM
Originally Posted by supine
It would be nice to see some order added to the queues at the gate.

Right now at FRA the hordes just mass right in front of the gate spilling across the entire thoroughfare and blocking folk trying to walk to a gate further down the pier or vice versa.
This..... I have never understood why the lines for boarding at so many places shoot straight out across the entire corridor. Make a 90 degree when you leave the gate area people.....
Koby likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.