Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First class retrofit info

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The first post just says two A346s will be refitted this winter but I don't remember seeing anywhere that they are MUC-based. According to this list 13 A346s are based in MUC and 11 in FRA.
Sorry my wrong! I believed I saw this somewhere!

Interesting to see in your link that the B744 Y retrofit only takes two weeks while 8 new F seats apparently take 28 days, or at least that's what they want to make us believe
Old Sep 27, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The first post just says two A346s will be refitted this winter but I don't remember seeing anywhere that they are MUC-based. According to this list 13 A346s are based in MUC and 11 in FRA.
No, it's not written on this thread. I said it on my thread here.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...rade-plan.html

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Sorry my wrong! I believed I saw this somewhere!

Interesting to see in your link that the B744 Y retrofit only takes two weeks while 8 new F seats apparently take 28 days, or at least that's what they want to make us believe
And here we go again blabbing about how inefficient and slow and what-have-you regarding the F upgrade. If you're so confident that it can take so much less time. Why don't you apply for a job with LH and lead their modification team, I'm sure that'd be extremely grateful to have you onboard because you'd manage to save them a pretty penny on all those man-hours, not to mention the downtime incurred for the planes themselves.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 4:31 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hamallu
Thanks for the follow-up. So SMP was right.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 6:37 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire

And here we go again blabbing about how inefficient and slow and what-have-you regarding the F upgrade. If you're so confident that it can take so much less time. Why don't you apply for a job with LH and lead their modification team, I'm sure that'd be extremely grateful to have you onboard because you'd manage to save them a pretty penny on all those man-hours, not to mention the downtime incurred for the planes themselves.
Thanks for this...is there any way that I can stay posted on the breakdown of planes and their bases on my own?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:15 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
This summary is nice too:

http://www.mucforum.de/showthread.ph...t%FCbersichten
Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:58 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Danke!
Old Sep 28, 2010, 7:46 am

I knew I saw it somewhere!

Why would I?

I believe this is horribly slow until you show me an official manual or something that proves that it takes 28 days and that there is no way to do it faster. It's not just about the 28 days but also about the 5 years to do the entire fleet. The first parameter of course affects the later.

What makes you the expert? Are you personally involved? Are you the smarty that figured out it would take 28 days?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:24 am

What makes you the expert? Are you personally involved? Are you the smarty that figured out it would take 28 days?
have you seen the new F in person?! no!? ok then...

i have and i can tell you that it can easy take 28 days to make all those mods to the rest of the fleet because its extensive. way more extensive than just putting in a bit of new carpet, new IFE and 8 new seats...

nevertheless, 5 yrs for the entire fleet is still way too long...
Old Sep 28, 2010, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by sentom
have you seen the new F in person?! no!? ok then...

i have and i can tell you that it can easy take 28 days to make all those mods to the rest of the fleet because its extensive. way more extensive than just putting in a bit of new carpet, new IFE and 8 new seats...

nevertheless, 5 yrs for the entire fleet is still way too long...
No, I have not seen new F in person. So does the majority. I don't think it takes somebody to see this thing in person to make an educated guess that 28 days is a little long. I know this is not an easy convert but still, nobody has proven that is takes 28 days or quoted a reliable source! Until then, my guess (no, I am not an airline technician but I have some knowledge to production and manufacturing processes, etc.) is that 28 days sound too long!

Furthermore, three planes during the winter probably means they do even less in the summer when fleet utilization is usually better due to heavy travel season, meaning less times for planes to be taken out of service.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
No, I have not seen new F in person. So does the majority. I don't think it takes somebody to see this thing in person to make an educated guess that 28 days is a little long. I know this is not an easy convert but still, nobody has proven that is takes 28 days or quoted a reliable source! Until then, my guess (no, I am not an airline technician but I have some knowledge to production and manufacturing processes, etc.) is that 28 days sound too
Let's put aside that you likely have no clue what is required to retrofit the planes (and neither do I. But what is your theory why LH takes 28 days to do the retrofit, if it could easily be done faster. Conspiracy? Incompetence?
S
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
Let's put aside that you likely have no clue what is required to retrofit the planes (and neither do I. But what is your theory why LH takes 28 days to do the retrofit, if it could easily be done faster. Conspiracy? Incompetence?
S
Read my posts properly, I never said I am an expert of aircraft retrofits, so your statement is redundant.

As for the reason, I don't have a theory and actually I don't care.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Read my posts properly, I never said I am an expert of aircraft retrofits, so your statement is redundant.

As for the reason, I don't have a theory and actually I don't care.
So all your comments about 28 days being way too long are completely unfounded and the only purpose is to .....? For somebody who claims not to care you are quite vocal about this........
S
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
From a competitive environment I'd still argue that 5 years for a complete refit is too long.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Rambuster
From a competitive environment I'd still argue that 5 years for a complete refit is too long.
+1

It may well be that LH has no other option as it is simply that complicated but given the fact that the old LH F is indeed quite old (though I still very much like it ) it would be good if they do the transition much faster.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I remember the flynet equipment fitting some 5 years ago took 14 days each

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.