Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Express Bus Frankfurt-Strasbourg vv

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Plancktos
Many thanks for this, indeed gate to gate family service at 139,00€ (single) or 229,00€ (Round-trip) would have been a good option for my wife with the 3 kids. I will keep this in mind for future trips.

But I guess that in the future I will just book the gate to gate family service.
(I still can't believe that I wasn't offered this by the customer service, after all I called 4 or 5 times and explained the problem...)
I think pages 6 and 7 of your PDF would apply: Gate Express Family. 139€ (or 229€) for the service and an additional 35€ to meet at the bus station. (Gate to Gate is only if you are actually at a gate already.)
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: Diamond Asiana Cub // FF Miles&More // Diamond HHonors
Just writting from the bus as xD
am using this one roughly 40 roundtrips every year and from what i could experience:
- gives miles only with M&M (i went to asiana since getting senator with number of legs disappeared and now get zero miles on bus)
- usually bus is really on time i never had more than 20 mind delay
- if you are not with 3 cats 4 kids 10 luggage you could count no more than 10 mins to lugga drop off
- usually with 1h transfer time if i have no luggage to C/i i leaves 20 mins in lounges for cofee
- wifi ... is a joke this is a downside, speed allows you to DL 2 mails or so per hour....
- driver check who is boarding and missing this bus leg you would be fined !

hope this could help some of you guys and if anyone has a technic to have those trips awarding OZ miles i am offerîg virtual champaign as it would definitely help granting next lifetime status with few hundreeds legs not counted last 3 years xD
lmqt
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold
LH Express Bus Connection to LH F

I will be traveling SXB-FRA-IAD with the first leg as a bus segment and the transatlantic leg in F. I have not taken the LH Express bus before. Since I will have to check in on arrival at FRA, does the bus make a stop at the FCT or would a LH rep meet the bus, as they normally would for an arriving aircraft at a remote stand?

Thanks for any info.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:48 am

No and no.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It looks like this bus route is up as a Mileage Bargain in the latest special offer. That's taking the biscuit a bit, isn't it? You can book Economy or Business. Where's Business on the bus? The driving seat?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No that is the SXB service between FRA & MUC that is occasionaly filed. The bus service doesn't have any award inventory.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
Originally Posted by criostal
I will be traveling SXB-FRA-IAD with the first leg as a bus segment and the transatlantic leg in F. I have not taken the LH Express bus before. Since I will have to check in on arrival at FRA, does the bus make a stop at the FCT or would a LH rep meet the bus, as they normally would for an arriving aircraft at a remote stand?

Thanks for any info.
Unfortunately no. Once you exit the bus go towards the terminal. You can check your luggage at the checkin desks right in the AirRail Terminal or carry it to the FCT - go to the terminal A, escalators down to the arrivals level and then exit and follow to the left.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No that is the SXB service between FRA & MUC that is occasionaly filed. The bus service doesn't have any award inventory.
Quite a mockery of Helga’s commitment to the climate emergency but at least those gravy-train flights never have “immoral” fares. I can only say I am relieved that a de-facto ban on domestic flights is on the cards.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Are there any recent experiences regarding skipping the bus on the return?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:51 pm

I've booked my daughter on the 08:30 LH Express bus from FRA to XER according to her study-abroad program guidance to allow at least one hour from landing to collect checked bags and get to the bus. Her flight is due to land at 07:10. Now my daughter is panicking because others have told her this will not be sufficient time. I attempted to rebook her bus leg on the 11:00 bus, but all other buses are showing sold out until the 20:30 bus, which is far too late. She's required to be at the XER station before 17:00.

Does anyone have direct personal experience with arrivals in Terminal 1 (United) and clearing passport control, collecting checked bags, and walking to the LH Express Bus. Is is possible to make the transfer in time, assuming flight is not delayed?

If she is unable to make the connection, can anyone recommend an alternate means to get from FRA-XER that would get her in before 17:00? Please note, I need ot get her specifically to that train station, as that is where she needs to be met by her host family.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Bahanmana
I've booked my daughter on the 08:30 LH Express bus from FRA to XER according to her study-abroad program guidance to allow at least one hour from landing to collect checked bags and get to the bus. Her flight is due to land at 07:10. Now my daughter is panicking because others have told her this will not be sufficient time. I attempted to rebook her bus leg on the 11:00 bus, but all other buses are showing sold out until the 20:30 bus, which is far too late. She's required to be at the XER station before 17:00.

Does anyone have direct personal experience with arrivals in Terminal 1 (United) and clearing passport control, collecting checked bags, and walking to the LH Express Bus. Is is possible to make the transfer in time, assuming flight is not delayed?

If she is unable to make the connection, can anyone recommend an alternate means to get from FRA-XER that would get her in before 17:00? Please note, I need ot get her specifically to that train station, as that is where she needs to be met by her host family.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!
First of all: 1:20 should be sufficient to go thru immigration/customs and walk to the bus station. Normally she should be able to make it. If not:

Take the train. Check www.Bahn.de, Frankfurt Airport (long distance train station, about 5 min walk from Terminal 1) to Strasbourg (Main Station). Takes a bit over 2 hours, costs 60 Euro or less. Pick a connection with only one connection, there should be at least one per hour.
In case she misses the bus: just walk to the long distance train station, buy the ticket inside the train station and have them print out the schedule.
Even if the tain is delayed or she misses the connection it will be very easy to get there before 17:00.
ChrisBub likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:42 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
First of all: 1:20 should be sufficient to go thru immigration/customs and walk to the bus station. Normally she should be able to make it. If not:

Take the train. Check www.Bahn.de, Frankfurt Airport (long distance train station, about 5 min walk from Terminal 1) to Strasbourg (Main Station). Takes a bit over 2 hours, costs 60 Euro or less. Pick a connection with only one connection, there should be at least one per hour.
In case she misses the bus: just walk to the long distance train station, buy the ticket inside the train station and have them print out the schedule.
Even if the tain is delayed or she misses the connection it will be very easy to get there before 17:00.
I often travel this route, only once taking the bus though from FRA - XER. I had plenty of time to make a 1hr45min connection. The only thing that was slow for me was luggage coming from the belt. Passport etc quick (but I have EU passport). As above, train is my go-to for FRA-Strasbourg travel. I usually try to keep connections to a minimum which means taking the train from the long distance train station at FRA (which by the way is in the same place as the bus departure for Strasbourg), changing at Mannheim or Karlsruhe and then continuing direct on either an ICE or TGV to Strasbourg. Total travel time can vary from 2.15hrs to 3hrs or so depending on connections. But the connections are usually very simple and even often involve no lugging luggage up and down stairs to different platforms.

Having said all that, I was scheduled to travel next Thursday by the TGV line from Strasbourg to Frankfurt and due to French strikes I've been warned that my train is likely to be cancelled (so I cancelled anyway and made alternative arrangements). The cancellations seem to mainly affect the French trains though, so picking an ICE or DB train is a safer option if travel is in the near future.

But don't fret about the bus, it should be ok. And there are lots of options to get to Strasbourg by 5pm.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 1:15 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Lufthansa Aircraft: Surface Equipment-Bus

Hello there,

Lufthansa is currently running an interesting promotion for flights to Australia when departing from non-german cities.
I've come across an interesting connection XER - FRA, mentioned as "Aircraft: Surface Equipment-Bus".
Has anyone actually traveled with this? is it a bus?

I am familiar with the DB connections from some German train stations. I know that's a train.
However, I have no idea what's this.

My best guess based on the seat map I would say it's a bus...

I have many other follow up questions, once we clarify this first.

thanks

Old Nov 22, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Everything is here: Lufthansa Express Bus Frankfurt-Strasbourg vv
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:18 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Originally Posted by MichielR
thanks for directions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.