Wiki Posts
Search

Budget joins Miles and More

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2010, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON Circle
Thumbs up Budget joins Miles and More

Members of the Lufthansa-led Miles and More scheme can earn points on rentals with Budget Rent-a-Car from August 1, and to celebrate the car hire firm is offering double miles and the chance to win a year’s free rental.

Members will earn a minimum of 500 miles per rental, with double miles on offer for bookings made in August and September (for rentals picking up before December 31).

In addition members can enter a prize draw to win a year’s free car rental with Budget (valid on car groups A and B) by visiting miles-and-more.com before September 30.

Commenting on the new partnership, Olivier van Marcke, general manager, Budget Rent-a-Car EMEA said:

“We are delighted to announce our new partnership with Miles and More, and look forward to offering not just award miles to members but outstanding value, and great quality car rental. Our extensive worldwide network – including over 800 major airports – will allow us to serve the needs of Miles and More’s growing membership across the globe.”

The Miles and More programme now counts nine member airlines - Adria, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lux Air, Lufthansa and Swiss. Car hire partners include Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.

For more information and full terms and conditions of the scheme and prize draw, visit miles-and-more.com, budget.co.uk.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 5:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Good news, indeed. I'm increasingly frustrated with Avis, mainly because of their new "charge home currency only - at horrendous exchange rate" policy ... I hope Budget doesn't have the same policy, but I'll definitely give them a try ...
Old Aug 7, 2010, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by swiss_global
Good news, indeed. I'm increasingly frustrated with Avis, mainly because of their new "charge home currency only - at horrendous exchange rate" policy ... I hope Budget doesn't have the same policy, but I'll definitely give them a try ...
Well, why renting in the US, I usually get asked if I wanted to be charged in my local currency or in USD/EUR. And their exchange rate usually works in my favor too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.