Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Group Lounge Situation in DEL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus (1P), Skymiles
Lufthansa Group Lounge Situation in DEL

I am flying DEL-FRA in a few weeks, and I was wondering if anyone had experience with the lounge situation at the new airport. Is there sufficient space that I'll be able to relax in advance of my 2:30 am flight?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
At the moment the "lounge" is a place with seats and food but no toilets and it was quite full when I flew out on friday night. It was nicer to walk to the gates and there there are thousands of seats and some nice sleeper seats. You'd get more peace and quiet doing that.
Everything went smoothly even though the terminal had only been open two days. Lots of shops were still not stocked though and had empty shelves. The food court was open though and had several places to eat which is a major advance over the old terminal which I think rated as the worlds worst (perhaps last place tie with MNL).
Old Aug 1, 2010, 6:48 am

Programs: M+M SEN, BA Gold; Skywards Gold; QF life time Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
I flew out Friday morning - its an ITC run lounge which is comfortable, has drinks but no food. The worst of it is the toilets which are not open on the lounge level. I also agree that the gate area has abetter sense of space but no free drinks
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:09 pm

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
Photos of Terminal 3

Here are some photos inside the new terminal. Nothing that different to HKG or BCN but somewhat of an improvement on the old terminal.

Last edited by riku2; Aug 2, 2010 at 12:30 pm
Old Aug 2, 2010, 4:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH S, GPP Diamond
Hi,

Flew out of DEL on Saturday morning and LH biz & status pax were invited into the ITC welcome lounge. Nothing special, lounge had sufficient space, drinks, food (sandwiches, cakes, fruits, samosas). However, I found the lounge not well organized (get coffee cups in one place walk over to coffee machine then walk somewhere else to get sugar & milk etc.

I would compare offers & quality to typical biz lounge, not worth spending a lot of time there.

Did the other fellow travellers also recognize that the T3 in Del, though very new, already looks a bit run-down (broken tiles, damaged walls, loose wall fittings etc.)?

regards,

l22barne
Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus (1P), Skymiles
Thanks for all of the info. Hopefully it won't be too bad.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 3:52 am

Programs: price is a king
... any improvement?

Hey fellow FTs,
Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays if you prefer),

Will be flying DEL(T3)-VIE with OS on early 27th of December and I'm wondering if there's any point in going to the airport earlier to enjoy the lounge? Situation doesn't seem to be too optimistic from what I read above, but MAYBE there was an improvement? Any recent good experiences or shall I rather stay at the hotel bar as long as possible? Need to get well "prepared" before enjoying 767 Y.

And an usual topic - what are the odds to get an op-up on that route this time of the year? Any guesses?

Thanks in advance and enjoy your weekend!
mf

(in case you're curious what are we doing in here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ive-weeks.html)
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: price is a king
Green lounge

Hey there,

looks like there was an improvement! After checking-in for OS DEL-VIE we got invitations to GREEN LOUNGE. Not completely separated from the rest of the terminal (however on the 1st floor, away from the crowd).

Basic selection of drinks:

Together with the basic snacks, dairy products and few rolls. I know, I know, nothing fancy, but well enough for situations like a following one:

(check out Guangzhou delay ...)

we spent there like 3 hours, was worth it.

mfk
Old Dec 27, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
worn down = of course, this is India, even new buildings are worn down ;-)
Typical Indian lounges, typically ok, but not worth going to for the experience.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH opened its own lounge in DEL last month. ^
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH opened its own lounge in DEL last month. ^
anyone have photos yet?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Lufthansa India posted a picture today on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/lufthansaindia

Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: FT
Looking good so far.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:45 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
It was decent. I used it a couple of weeks ago. There are (theoretically) two separate sections for F and J, but at the moment it is being used as one big lounge. Food was okay. Shrink wrapped sandwiches, some soup, and two hot snacks (cottage cheese and chicken). Wine was Indian wine. (Sula or something. Did not partake.) A few computers, and a quite decent selection of magazines too. Hard to find a seat around midnight!

Toilets are shared with the also new SQ lounge next door.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:54 am

Another picture from todays LH India newsletter: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/4100...W34_news_1.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.