FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Transfer Sol Meliá points to M&M miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1111392-transfer-sol-melia-points-m-m-miles.html)

vievic Jul 31, 2010 8:18 am

Transfer Sol Meliá points to M&M miles

As you may already know, guests earn 500 miles for every stay at Sol, Tryp, Melia (about 300 hotels worldwide). The good news (at least for me) is, that it is possible to transfer any earned Sol Meliá points (2-for-1) to your MAM-account:

26.07.2010 Sol Melia Conversion +18.312 :)

So if some of you have unused points like I did, you may convert those.

adiós, vievic

more4less Jul 31, 2010 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by vievic (Post 14397470)
As you may already know, guests earn 500 miles for every stay at Sol, Tryp, Melia (about 300 hotels worldwide). The good news (at least for me) is, that it is possible to transfer any earned Sol Meliá points (2-for-1) to your MAM-account:

26.07.2010 Sol Melia Conversion +18.312 :)

So if some of you have unused points like I did, you may convert those.

adiós, vievic

This is very good indeed!

I had a similar number of points in the Sol Meliá programm and finally those expired after not crediting anything for over 12 months. It was a few years ago and I did not know if this already existed, but it was a pity I did not look into it.:(

NightFly Aug 2, 2010 5:13 am

Originally Posted by vievic (Post 14397470)
As you may already know, guests earn 500 miles for every stay at Sol, Tryp, Melia (about 300 hotels worldwide). The good news (at least for me) is, that it is possible to transfer any earned Sol Meliá points (2-for-1) to your MAM-account

How do you do that? I´ve looked all around the Sol Melia mas page and found no link to that?

Btw. this is quite a good offer, as with M&M card you earn a flat 500 miles per stay, while crediting the miles to SM Mas card yields 10pts per USD/EUR spent; i.e. after conversion 5 M&M miles per USD/EUR spent...

vievic Aug 2, 2010 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by NightFly (Post 14406306)
How do you do that? I´ve looked all around the Sol Melia mas page and found no link to that?

Just follow the steps given for other programs like topbonus/airberlin:

From now onwards and if you are already a member of the mas programme you can convert your mas points into topbonus award miles in the ratio of:

2 mas points = 1 topbonus award mile

Please contact: mas Customer Service 902 34 44 33 (from Spain), (34) 91 567 59 14 (from outside Spain), or visit the "Special requests" section to register a request in the "Others" category at www.solmelia.com.

(*) Don't forget to include your name and surname(s), national ID or passport number, mas card number, topbonus card number, telephone number or e-mail address and number of miles you want to transfer. The number of mas points must be a multiple of 1000.
To convert the points online, you have to log in and then you will find:

"Special requests
Some of your points are missing? We recommend: Visit the special requests pages."

There you may enter your details and ask for converting the points to miles.

adiós, vievic

blueeagle3 Dec 17, 2012 10:53 am

Quick Question: The Melia Page reads that one can't transfer Points that one gets with signing up...So far, so strange...But my Question is -in ADVANCE, i don't want to buy Points without being able to transfer them - can i transfer Melia-Points that i just bought via the Programm? I mean, i want to buy 100.000 Points and get the 20% Bonus, which makes 120.000 Points and will end up as 60.000 Miles...Costs 800 Euro..But I don't want to spend the Money without being SURE that i can really transfer them!

So please answer this Question..

GalaxyChris Dec 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by more4less (Post 14400715)
This is very good indeed!

I had a similar number of points in the Sol Meliá programm and finally those expired after not crediting anything for over 12 months. It was a few years ago and I did not know if this already existed, but it was a pity I did not look into it.:(

I discover the conversion to M&M Miles in Mars 2010.

I had 63000 MAS points in 2009 and asked by email for a hotel reward, I was close to the expiration date (2 weeks left), they make everything complicated and take ages for answer me, I loose all my MAS points. :td:

If only at this time they propose the option to convert to M&M...

dre_techie Aug 30, 2013 10:58 am

Has anyone else had their recent MeliáRewards to M&M point transfer disappear? I've done a recent transfer and instead of seeing a few thousand miles post I saw 60k miles being taken away!!! My friend did a transfer last night, it strangely posted in 1hr and then this afternoon all of his Melia transfers in the last 3 months were gone!

The negative transactions posted today with the same original transfer amounts and the original date (two months ago)!

The MeliáRewards points are obviously not back in the Melia account. :mad:

I called the M&M Helpdesk, they couldn't see much and are forwarding it to the actual M&M office for further research.

SvenLuckermans Aug 30, 2013 11:41 am

Same here! All miles converted from Melia points are gone! and not in my Melia account!

bartla Aug 30, 2013 11:41 am

Melia stealing our miles

Originally Posted by dre_techie (Post 21363599)
Has anyone else had their recent MeliáRewards to M&M point transfer disappear?

Yup, same here, know of at least two other M&M accounts where miles taken away again "Sol Melia Conversion -xx,000 Correction MM"

roadtoyul Aug 31, 2013 5:38 am

Same issue here, points have disappeared off my account. I called Miles and More and they have no clue why, they forwarded the issue to a research department and I am waiting to hear back from them on Monday!

I was trying to make an award booking today and I am obviously not very happy about the missing miles.

flylocal Aug 31, 2013 10:10 am

Same here! What a shock!!! I paid 1000$ for these miles!!! Can they do this? And why does Miles&More go along with it and cancels the transfer 1 month (!!!) after the miles have been creditet??

dre_techie Sep 1, 2013 3:24 am

Originally Posted by flylocal (Post 21368087)
Same here! What a shock!!! I paid 1000$ for these miles!!! Can they do this? And why does Miles&More go along with it and cancels the transfer 1 month (!!!) after the miles have been creditet??

It is clearly an error. Maybe they had some issue with some transfers and are voiding all the old ones and redoing them.

flylocal Sep 1, 2013 5:35 am

Originally Posted by dre_techie (Post 21370933)
It is clearly an error. Maybe they had some issue with some transfers and are voiding all the old ones and redoing them.

I hope you're right...

northernstar84 Sep 1, 2013 8:33 am

Same issue here ! miles & more hotline has no clue.....they say its melias fault they requested them back.

flylocal Sep 1, 2013 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by northernstar84 (Post 21371687)
Same issue here ! miles & more hotline has no clue.....they say its melias fault they requested them back.

But why do they go along with it? If I wire you 1000$, can I ask your bank 1 month later to wire the money back for no reason? No! So why does Miles & More agree to do so? When is a miles credit final? After 2 month? After 1 year? After 10 years? That's lousy!