Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Sol Meliá points to M&M miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The current interest in Sol Melia probably means the balance bewteen M&M and SM got seriously out of synch and M&M presented them a bill for the difference, which the other party contested or didn't pay. Dr Königs recommendations will probably not help in calming down the situation.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The current interest in Sol Melia probably means the balance bewteen M&M and SM got seriously out of synch and M&M presented them a bill for the difference, which the other party contested or didn't pay. Dr Königs recommendations will probably not help in calming down the situation.
I very much doubt that LH could send SM a bill for the difference. Most probably SM bought a large (and I mean LARGE) ammount of M&M miles beforehand with large discount, and is now selling them to its members for a profit... It must be said, that what LH charges for miles is just unrealistic... 35 EUR for 1000 miles with such limited redemption options... no, thank you. Even SM is quite expensive.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AFAIK how these partnership work is they make a contract that ensures the credits accrued are balanced by the benefits given out. So the M&M owes the hotel programme when M&M members get points for staying at the hotel chain and M&M tallies that by awards given out for free stays at the hotel property or by allowing hotel points to be converted into M&M points. Usually this is in balance.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
AFAIK how these partnership work is they make a contract that ensures the credits accrued are balanced by the benefits given out. So the M&M owes the hotel programme when M&M members get points for staying at the hotel chain and M&M tallies that by awards given out for free stays at the hotel property or by allowing hotel points to be converted into M&M points. Usually this is in balance.
If you are right, I see two possibilities: either LH/M&M really signed a out-of-sync contract or SM miscalculater transfer ration for M&M... should have been maybe 3:1 or even 4:1 instead of 2:1...
Old Oct 9, 2013, 1:26 pm

30% purchase promo again. If you're willing to take the risk... well...
Old Oct 9, 2013, 5:48 pm

Just bought 4,000 + 1,000 for 32 Euro. I called the loyalty department and told them to make the transfer. The guy was very nice and helpful and everything on their end was done within 5 minutes, I got email shortly after confirming the transfer. The guy told me it would take up to 2 weeks for the transfer and if by then I am not seeing anything to call them with the transfer/request number. I will let you guys know what happens!
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by mirror74
If you are right, I see two possibilities: either LH/M&M really signed a out-of-sync contract or SM miscalculater transfer ration for M&M... should have been maybe 3:1 or even 4:1 instead of 2:1...
This is completely in balance: Melia is paying Miles&More something around 1.2 EUR-Cents per mile and you purchase 2 Melia Points under the promotion terms for 1.23 EUR-Cents.

Melia is not losing any money and customers are happy. Win-win.

The risk is more with the one sitting on the M&M miles as Lufthansa is very quick in devaluating their program literally every month. As they have alreadye pocketed the money for selling the miles, they don't care whether you get value for them or not.

If Lufthansa sells Miles&More or they become independent, there is almost no obligation anymore to ensure any number of award seats and/or upgrades is available. This would then change the character from a frequent flyer program to a bonus program. You would be stuck with Worldshop and are literally f*****.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:32 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Did everyone get their points or miles back in the end?

HTB.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:26 am

Programs: AC*E35
What do people think? Do we think it is safe to try for now? Will the points stay?

Someone wrote not to transfer the 2000 signup bonus points and you should be fine. But has anyone had any recent success/failure?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by highlander88
What do people think? Do we think it is safe to try for now? Will the points stay?

Someone wrote not to transfer the 2000 signup bonus points and you should be fine. But has anyone had any recent success/failure?
you can't transfer the 2000 signup bonus points to airlines ff's.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 4:48 pm

It has been a week and the points are still in my Melia account... After purchasing, I called the loyalty department and they said it can take up to 2 weeks for the transfer. So here we are a week in, and the miles haven't left my Melia account yet... This should be fun... Will report back soon.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:38 pm
fwb

Programs: CX Green, A3 *G, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dominik208
It has been a week and the points are still in my Melia account... After purchasing, I called the loyalty department and they said it can take up to 2 weeks for the transfer. So here we are a week in, and the miles haven't left my Melia account yet... This should be fun... Will report back soon.
I saw you bought 4000 points + 1000 bonus points.
Is your transfer including those 1000 bonus points?
If those bonus portion could be transferred I'm interested in buying some...
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:40 pm

Yes it is 5000 points and I still have 2000 from signup bonus that can't be transferred. The main reason I bought the 5000 (4000 + 1000) points was because of the cheap price. I mean M&M charges 35 EUR for 1000 miles and here I can have 2500 miles for 32 EUR. Assuming the transfer works...
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by dominik208
Yes it is 5000 points and I still have 2000 from signup bonus that can't be transferred. The main reason I bought the 5000 (4000 + 1000) points was because of the cheap price. I mean M&M charges 35 EUR for 1000 miles and here I can have 2500 miles for 32 EUR. Assuming the transfer works...
This cannot be done online anymore?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by mirror74
This cannot be done online anymore?
I tried using the online form and got errors several times so I called them and they confirmed they are having issues with the online transfer form so he did it manually. However I don't know if he did it correctly as I am still seeing the points in Melia!!! Its been more than a week...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.