Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

What's LH policy on antecipation at same day? [standby on JJ award ticket]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2010, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)

Hi everyone,

I have an award ticket (issued by JJ) to fly LHR FRA TLV in September. First leg will be on C, second on F. It happens that I may need to arrive earlier in LHR at the day of departure. Would LH allow me to travel from LHR to FRA on an earlier flight (if there is space available, of course)? Or would I need to reissue the e-ticket with Tam if I really want this?

Tks!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:02 pm

Programs: Lufthansa, Starwood Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Avis
Originally Posted by AlexMC
Hi everyone,

I have an award ticket (issued by JJ) to fly LHR FRA TLV in September. First leg will be on C, second on F. It happens that I may need to arrive earlier in LHR at the day of departure. Would LH allow me to travel from LHR to FRA on an earlier flight (if there is space available, of course)? Or would I need to reissue the e-ticket with Tam if I really want this?

Tks!
I wouldn't count on it, that they let you on an earlier flight. reissue is the saver way.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:12 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Highly unlikely that LH would allow this even if space is available. It has happened before but I wouldn't bank on it.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:45 am

Programs: *A
I would not count on it either. If your original flight is overbooked, you have a good chance to get on the earlier flight (if not full), as you actually do LH a favor.

It sounds to me lie you have to weigh if the more time at FRA (FCL? ) is worth the cost/hazzle of re-issueing...
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Tks very much to all of you, guys. As sebastian746 said, I'll have to decide if a few more hours in the FCT is worth the work to reissue the ticket...

Just as a curiosity: JJ allows its costumers to fly earlier flights in any case (unless you have a very promotional fare) when there is space available. Honestly, I think that this is the kind of policy that makes (almost) no difference for the airline and is a huge benefit for the traveler.

Last edited by AlexMC; Jul 27, 2010 at 9:41 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlexMC
Just as a curiosity: JJ allows its costumers to fly earlier flights in any case (unless you have a very promotional fare) when there is space available. Honestly, I think that this is the kind of policy that makes (almost) no difference for the airline and is a huge benefit for the traveler.
It makes a big difference as LH wants you to buy a flexible ticket if you want flexibility- meaning that if you think your meeting/worksession/etc will finish early, you purchase a fare that allows changes. Of course, I think we would all really appreciate if LH changed this- however it is not very likely given that it seems they have an increased margin on tickets purchased in this way.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
It makes a big difference as LH wants you to buy a flexible ticket if you want flexibility- meaning that if you think your meeting/worksession/etc will finish early, you purchase a fare that allows changes.
LH is a stickler about this.

Even as a SEN I have had problems with them when I purchased discounted tickets from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.