Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
SN and EW at MAN

From 30 April 2019, flights operated by Brussels Airlines and Eurowings will depart from and arrive at Terminal 2.

https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/ticker/?id=29677
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
From 30 April 2019, flights operated by Brussels Airlines and Eurowings will depart from and arrive at Terminal 2.

https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/ticker/?id=29677
Amazing & the Escape lounge is fully booked..., i’ve been wanting to escape from the ‘Aspire’ lounge for ages

Is this part of the planned move/ integration into T2 or is T1 actually disintegrating as it appears to be ....
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
I wasn't sure where to post this, so hopefully it's okay in this thread.

Weird experience on a short LX flight last weekend. The cabin crew completely forgot to clear up J before landing. This means the few of us in the front had glasses or even plates still on the trays. I put my glass on the adjacent seat for landing so I could put the tray up. I don't understand how the process could fail so badly as to allow something like this to happen. Anyone ever had something similar? I wouldn't expect a screw-up like this from an airline like LX.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
I wasn't sure where to post this, so hopefully it's okay in this thread.

Weird experience on a short LX flight last weekend. The cabin crew completely forgot to clear up J before landing. This means the few of us in the front had glasses or even plates still on the trays. I put my glass on the adjacent seat for landing so I could put the tray up. I don't understand how the process could fail so badly as to allow something like this to happen. Anyone ever had something similar? I wouldn't expect a screw-up like this from an airline like LX.
Almost any post here is acceptable.....

Thats very unusual as the crew must perform a safety check before landing, never mind the clearing up service in J, very poor performance by that crew !
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
I wouldn't expect a screw-up like this from an airline like LX.
Very unusual indeed. Something like this has only happened to me once, when the pilot ordered the FAs to „be seated“ over the PA when we encountered considerable turbulence during decend.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Very unusual indeed. Something like this has only happened to me once, when the pilot ordered the FAs to „be seated“ over the PA when we encountered considerable turbulence during decend.
Then it's understandable to some degree I would say (still not what it should be..)

What BlueNordicSky described is not acceptable if there were not circumstances for it to happen like what you wrote down.

Was there any explanation given? I'd probably write to LX to complain about it, even if it means the crew getting some issues from it, this should definitely be reported.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Like I said elsewhere, LX is so inconsistent in so many (all?) respects that I prefer to just avoid them totally these days. That sounds totally amateur.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
Like I said elsewhere, LX is so inconsistent in so many (all?) respects that I prefer to just avoid them totally these days. That sounds totally amateur.
The OP is talking about LX Intra EU J service & this incident is exceptional, IME LX Intra EU J service is much better than LH
worldclubber likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Probably the crew would get some repercussions from this, I don't really want to report it. But possibly someone else has, I saw that at least 3 of us had uncleared trays. I only had one glass, the pax across me 2 glasses, one behind and across even had a plate. No reason that I could see for this to happen, in the minutes before landing the crew was busy in the front putting things away, but there was plenty of time for someone to walk back and do a safety check and clear the trays.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Since it is such a rare occurrence (as I said, it only happened to me once during turbulence) and only a minor safety issue, I would probably just move on. But the OP certainly has the right to report it, if he wants to.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think the LH forum needs its own version of PUCCI GALORE from the BAEC group. I'm more from the bucket fare end of the spectrum myself so please step forward one of the heavy hitters who fly regularly in F, make HON without breaking into a sweat, and have enough LH ducks to fill a large bathtub
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I think the LH forum needs its own version of PUCCI GALORE from the BAEC group. I'm more from the bucket fare end of the spectrum myself so please step forward one of the heavy hitters who fly regularly in F, make HON without breaking into a sweat, and have enough LH ducks to fill a large bathtub
Where can I interview for this position?

I presume of course all travel is paid for if I'm accepted
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Where can I interview for this position?

I presume of course all travel is paid for if I'm accepted
Anyone who has taken more than half a dozen Dash flights in the space of six months is automatically excluded from this position!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, you cannot be serious, there could only be one PUCCI GALORE
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Sure, fill the requirements (and the bathtub) but what do we have to do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.