Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Warsteiner
Which is not that bad if you compare it to what you get served (e.g. Heineken) on other carriers or indeed what you normally see (i.e. Carling/Carlsberg/Stella Artois, just to mention a few) in most UK shops/pubs. I'm not a fan of real ales (matter of taste really) and I do agree with chris63 that they are a completely different kettle of fish compared to the above mentioned 'mainstream' beers, but I still think that the overall quality (also in terms of choice) of beers in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic etc. is so much better compared to what you get in Britain, it's enough to visit the beer aisle in any shop in those countries and compare it to a Tesco or a Sainsbury's to understand what I'm trying to say (Sainsbury's stocks Weihenstephaner, though ).

G
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by The Wolf
If a triangle BRU-UK-MUC is being planned, count me in ^
At least in BRU you're required to pour your own beer, it immediately shows who are the true professional drinkers
Youre more than welcome to join ^
The Wolf likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:24 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
How uncivilized!
Real Freguent Flyers only drink champagne!

Spoiler

The Wolf likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Nick Art
How uncivilized!
Real Freguent Flyers only drink champagne!
Only good champagne. Not the champagne that shall go unnamed in this thread.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MichielR

Absolutely ^

And what is stopping us as aficionados from sampling the Finest Beers 🍺
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Which is not that bad if you compare it to what you get served (e.g. Heineken) on other carriers or indeed what you normally see (i.e. Carling/Carlsberg/Stella Artois, just to mention a few) in most UK shops/pubs. I'm not a fan of real ales (matter of taste really) and I do agree with chris63 that they are a completely different kettle of fish compared to the above mentioned 'mainstream' beers, but I still think that the overall quality (also in terms of choice) of beers in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic etc. is so much better compared to what you get in Britain, it's enough to visit the beer aisle in any shop in those countries and compare it to a Tesco or a Sainsbury's to understand what I'm trying to say (Sainsbury's stocks Weihenstephaner, though ).

G
I agree with everything but the Warsteiner part.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by MichielR
The latter did not surface last night on LH 772. ^
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
If a triangle BRU-UK-MUC is being planned, count me in ^
At least in BRU you're required to pour your own beer, it immediately shows who are the true professional drinkers
If they are professional drinkers, that means they are getting paid to drink. Therefore, count me in! I will be there!
That's how I define a professional musician as opposed to an amateur musician. The professional (like me) gets paid for what he does, or plays, and lives off it, while the amateur plays as a hobby.
The Wolf likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
A triangle MUC (FCL) - MAN (Aspire Lounge) - BRU (The Loft) should be doable in a day, we've got a couple of HON's here able to guest for same flight pax.
In MAN we would force ourselves to spend as much time as we can in the Aspire Lounge (preferrably during LCC rush hour), consume a (paid) hard drink and consume some of the dreadful food
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:47 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
So basically it‘s a (contract-) lounge crawl!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
What other contract lounges are horrible?
I only know of SOF which is equally dreadful. Could try and do a crappy lounge-a-thon.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
In MAN we would force ourselves to spend as much time as we can in the Aspire Lounge (preferrably during LCC rush hour), consume a (paid) hard drink and consume some of the dreadful food
The food has improved IMHO. In the morning they used to serve bacon butties with a meagre piece of bacon with a notice to only take one at a time. Now they serve bread rolls and bacon separately, so you can assemble your own bacon buttie with as many pieces of bacon as you like. ^
Attached Images  
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
A triangle MUC (FCL) - MAN (Aspire Lounge) - BRU (The Loft) should be doable in a day, we've got a couple of HON's here able to guest for same flight pax.
I'll happily skip MAN & BRU but if such a "Beer Do" ever happens in the MUC FCL, count me in...
I'll even volunteer to wear my Lederhosen to make up for the fact that I'll skip the two other lounges.

Last edited by JohnRain; Feb 14, 2019 at 1:30 am
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Couldn't we do a round trip of some of the best lounges? I would be up for that! There are some good ones on the network in Europe, should be possible to hit three in one day! Might be an idea for a future Stammtisch trip! Last one I did was the flight across the Alps from Lugano to Sion (where I work for some of the year) which finished later in the day with a trip on the steamer on Lake Geneva (Lac Léman). Quite unforgettable. Thanks to VFT.

I must say, I walked sadly past The Loft in BRU the other day, to the lounge at the end of the corridor, because that was the lounge allocated for Alitalia business class passengers. It was also the Priority Pass lounge, and it was AWFUL. I think I only consumed a small bottle of water while there and read a paper.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
That is the former SAS lounge in BRU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.