Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Final result:
Went for the LH option. 210k miles plus 1610€ fantasy charge for the family, 1800€ plus 541€ for my P ticket. Miles should be 4025+4246+25% exec for status and 2212*6 for award.
Still far away but definitely a trip to look forward to! My kids still rave about their NY visit
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, both of them are grim & best avoided, I think MAN has the edge over AMS because of the toilets being outside not to mention the disgusting state of them
After my visit to the MAN lounge, I am torn:

better than AMS: view, power outlets along the window, WiFi worked well, f&b offering (at least it looked kind of OK ... had only water though)

worse tha AMS: toilets outside and in a disgusting state that would be an embarrassment to public toilets at any subway station or football stadium (on the „premium lounge“ floor, really?) — the toilets alone ruin it, I guess

Luckily no crowds of people who tried to drink their money’s worth when I was there, just a few individuals making regular trips to the bar ...

Not terrible terrible, but nothing to really look forward to. Add the dump of an airport MAN is to the equation, and I am happy to wait another decade before I have to go back to MAN.

chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber

better than AMS: view, power outlets along the window, WiFi worked well, f&b offering (at least it looked kind of OK ... had only water though)

worse tha AMS: toilets outside and in a disgusting state that would be an embarrassment to public toilets at any subway station or football stadium (on the „premium lounge“ floor, really?) — the toilets alone ruin it, I guess

Luckily no crowds of people who tried to drink their money’s worth when I was there, just a few individuals making regular trips to the bar ...

Not terrible terrible, but nothing to really look forward to. Add the dump of an airport MAN is to the equation, and I am happy to wait another decade before I have to go back to MAN.

I was about to hit “like” when I realized there is little to like 😀. Sounds like an accurate description straight from Dante Alighieri.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

I am really pleased for you, that you hit MAN on a good day, fair description of the lounge, when it’s not packed to the rafters with LCC pax maxing out, you probably get the picture of what a Hell Hole it would be then..... Your time of day came to the rescue

Those toilets need condemning 😡
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:09 am

Those toilets need condemning 😡
I visited the toilets only on my way out. Had I visited on my way to the lounge, I am not sure I would have given the „aspire“ lounge a chance at all.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I visited the toilets only on my way out. Had I visited on my way to the lounge, I am not sure I would have given the „aspire“ lounge a chance at all.
They really are disgusting & can you imagine when the lounge is full of heavy drinkers, what goes in must come out
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:23 am

They really are disgusting & can you imagine when the lounge is full of heavy drinkers, what goes in must come out
Would it be a problem if I said I don’t want to imagine?

The mere thought sends shivers down my spine.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:37 am

Oh, come on. You know what English beer is compared with!
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As always, your very sensible

Consider yourself very fortunate it’s not your home airport
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR

Everyone knows English Beer is amongst the best in the World but the good stuff is not on offer at ‘Aspire’ MAN

’Aspire’ MAN deals strictly in quantity over quality..... which goes perfectly with the rest of the airport...
MichielR likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:26 pm

Consider yourself very fortunate it’s not your home airport
I consider myself more than fortunate that most of my travel is from or via MUC.

And no comment on English beer.
Then again, LH, Germany’s flag carrier, which should bring great beer to the world, does not serve beer at all, only Warsteiner. But I digress...
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I consider myself more than fortunate that most of my travel is from or via MUC.

And no comment on English beer.
Then again, LH, Germany’s flag carrier, which should bring great beer to the world, does not serve beer at all, only Warsteiner. But I digress...
Yes, MUC is arguably the best airport in Europe

We must do a Pub crawl of Real Ale establishments if we can ever entice you back to U.K. after this trip.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:54 pm

Yes, MUC is arguably the best airport in Europe

We must do a Pub crawl of Real Ale establishments if we can ever entice you back to U.K. after this trip.
Count me in.

I lived in the Queen’s own country for a while many many moons ago, so I know about the outstanding quality of some of the beers there. But it can’t hurt to verify by an empirical first-hand (mouth?) investigation that my memory doesn’t fail me.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by MichielR
*most* English beer.
chris63 and MichielR like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
If a triangle BRU-UK-MUC is being planned, count me in ^
At least in BRU you're required to pour your own beer, it immediately shows who are the true professional drinkers
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.