The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Yes, I honestly can't think of anything that is further removed from the true meaning of "aspire" than the Aspire lounge at MAN. There should be a sign above the entrance: "Abandon hope all ye who enter here."
Indeed & it’s so frustrating, knowing that there is an excellent EK lounge just next door, a different World in the EK lounge
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Yes, I honestly can't think of anything that is further removed from the true meaning of "aspire" than the Aspire lounge at MAN. There should be a sign above the entrance: "Abandon hope all ye who enter here."
Haven’t been there for a while, but will have an hour to kill there next week. You guys make me really looking forward to it.

Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Haven’t been there for a while, but will have an hour to kill there next week. You guys make me really looking forward to it.
I had the "pleasure" of visiting the Aspire Lounge (aka Lounge 26) at AMS in September and thought it was worse than its namesake in MAN T1 esp. in terms of food on offer and seating but someone pointed out at least the one in AMS has its own toilets.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Aspire is what Swissport calls their contract lounges. I've been in these in HEL,AMS and right now in LHR T5. All different.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Aspire is what Swissport calls their contract lounges. I've been in these in HEL,AMS and right now in LHR T5. All different.
What are you doing in LHR T5?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I had the "pleasure" of visiting the Aspire Lounge (aka Lounge 26) at AMS in September and thought it was worse than its namesake in MAN T1 esp. in terms of food on offer and seating but someone pointed out at least the one in AMS has its own toilets.
Thank you putting things into perspective. I have had the "pleasure" of visiting the Aspire Lounge 26 at AMS several times and never had the desire to go back. If the one at MAN is just slightly better, I will at least give it a try and check it out, partially out of "research interest" to find the worst lounge around.

Last edited by worldclubber; Feb 5, 2019 at 9:35 am
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
What obviously you missed ts that the men’s toilets in the AMS Aspire lounge are out of service half the time, based on a non representative sample of about 10 in the last couple of years.

But yes, I completely agree that AMS Aspire can compete with its sister lounge in MAN for the worst lounge in Europe, along with ARN’s Menzies lounge.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Thank you putting into perspective. I have had the "pleasure" of visiting the Aspire Lounge 26 at AMS several times and never had the desire to go back. If the one at MAN is just slightly better, I will at least give it a try and check it out, partially out of "research interest" to find the worst lounge around.
At least with the new LH/LX check in location at AMS, you don’t even pass the lounges when you go to the gate. Removes every incentive to visit this lounge unless you have hours to spare. The only reason I went there last time was so that I could provide feedback to LH about how poor this lounge is.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:40 am

From next month the new *A lounge in AMS should open and make lounge 26 a thing of the past.

TBH I don't mind it so much, especially because the terminals in AMS are so hectic that any quiet spot is better than slumming it at the gate.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
From next month the new *A lounge in AMS should open and make lounge 26 a thing of the past.

TBH I don't mind it so much, especially because the terminals in AMS are so hectic that any quiet spot is better than slumming it at the gate.
That is good news - as long as it isn’t the Aspire lounge rebranded as *A.

just found this article that says it will be different: https://www.ausbt.com.au/star-allian...l-open-march-7
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
That is good news - as long as it isn’t the Aspire lounge rebranded as *A.
It's supposed to be upstairs from the Aspire. We'll see.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:37 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Well Swissport will run the new *A lounge in AMS...
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well Swissport will run the new *A lounge in AMS...
So another devil in disguise.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, both of them are grim & best avoided, I think MAN has the edge over AMS because of the toilets being outside not to mention the disgusting state of them
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR

At least with the new LH/LX check in location at AMS, you don’t even pass the lounges when you go to the gate. Removes every incentive to visit this lounge unless you have hours to spare. The only reason I went there last time was so that I could provide feedback to LH about how poor this lounge is.
What was the response to the feedback ? I actually feel sorry that LH are paying for these awful excuses for lounges, unless they’re paying peanuts

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.