The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The Dutch do it much better (@ AMS).
Hilarious! ^
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris63
.... arriving at T1 MAN first impression & first impressions are important ....
One of the first things you saw on arrival at T1 MAN used to be a big sign boasting how much the airport had spent improving its toilets. Not sure how it was supposed to impress any visitors.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
The Dutch do it much better (@ AMS).
I suspect their roof is in significantly better condition, those plants don’t need / like much water

MAN could try Watercress
N1003U likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One of the first things you saw on arrival at T1 MAN used to be a big sign boasting how much the airport had spent improving its toilets. Not sure how it was supposed to impress any visitors.
No wonder that sign is long gone, given the state of the toilets opposite the ‘Aspire lounge ‘ in T1
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Perhaps the same bean counters were involved in the selection of walkway "people movers" for MAN. None of the six between T1 and the station were working last week. Neither was the short escalator into the terminal building.
The “moving walkways’’ between gates 20 & 28 haven’t moved anything for ages but they’re so old probably no longer able to get the parts....
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:47 am

I suspect their roof is in significantly better condition, those plants don’t need / like much water

MAN could try Watercress
Or rice as a last resort.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Not a chance, WAY too cold in MAN

I hope none of this is putting you off your impending presence in MAN ? but we are managing expectations
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:56 am

Fun Fact: rice doesn't need that much water to grow, but flooding the fields keeps bugs and weeds away.

So arguably flooding MAN could help with the same type of pests
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:59 am

Not a chance, WAY too cold in MAN

I hope none of this is putting you off your impending presence in MAN ? but we are managing expectations
Thank you for protecting me from too much disappointment.

I have been to MAN before, but not for quite a while. Will probably look familiar, as it does not seem to change much.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Fun Fact: rice doesn't need that much water to grow, but flooding the fields keeps bugs and weeds away.

So arguably flooding MAN could help with the same type of pests
They could at least flood the areas where the now defunct moving walkways are and grow something there.

Coffee should work, as it is known for its huge water footprint
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for protecting me from too much disappointment.

I have been to MAN before, but not for quite a while. Will probably look familiar, as it does not seem to change much.
Just wanted to make it clear, your very welcome, despite the fact MAN is not at all welcoming
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:06 am

Just wanted to make it clear, your very welcome, despite the fact MAN is not at all welcoming
That's good to hear!
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They could at least flood the areas where the now defunct moving walkways are and grow something there.

Coffee should work, as it is known for its huge water footprint
Great idea, put it in the suggestion box on your way through, if they haven’t been removed because of written abuse

Coffee ain’t going to work though, you don’t imagine the heating is working ?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
To save those Googling fingers .... VPS is Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport, in Florida. Known to many as Eglin Air Force Base, which is where it is. The code comes from the neighbouring city of Valparaiso.
Also known as Okaloosa Regional Airport, Northwest Florida Regional Airport, Fort Walton Beach Airport and a few other names due to a county aviation board that keeps changing the name of the airport for marketing purposes. I think I am at six or seven different airport names on my boarding passes over the years. But because it is a small and unimportant airport, the airlines don’t update their ticket systems in a timely manner and the current airport name tends not to reflect the airport name actually on your ticket. So to prevent confusion, not only do the locals just call it VPS but the airport itself has run ‘Fly VPS’ tv and radio advertising campaigns.

(The new terminal did eventually get built and remains as mold and mildew- free as you can get in Florida)
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by beachmouse

Also known as Okaloosa Regional Airport, Northwest Florida Regional Airport, Fort Walton Beach Airport and a few other names due to a county aviation board that keeps changing the name of the airport for marketing purposes. I think I am at six or seven different airport names on my boarding passes over the years. But because it is a small and unimportant airport, the airlines don’t update their ticket systems in a timely manner and the current airport name tends not to reflect the airport name actually on your ticket. So to prevent confusion, not only do the locals just call it VPS but the airport itself has run ‘Fly VPS’ tv and radio advertising campaigns.

I had an interest nearby that kept me visiting when I was a lot younger It seemed then to be known as Elgin Air Force Base, though i remember being told that had never been its official name - even though it is a pretty accurate description of where it is...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.