Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:08 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by weero
It's a tad inconclusive, she likely became roadkill to the maintenance of the shuttle train.
Trying to kiss passengers on a moving train was always hazardous.

I have very little to say regarding LH though ... will fly them in a few weeks...
Hope it doesn’t trigger another audit.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Trying to kiss passengers on a moving train was always hazardous.
She was one fine specimen. If the train were open, she would have posed a traffic hazard for those "lured off the boat by sirens". Metaphorically speaking.
Hope it doesn’t trigger another audit.
While I got used to them - I compete with an American colleague for the most audits per time served - this one has Europe as a destination. No one will suspect me to sneak into Switzerland ... they know I will.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:19 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

While I got used to them - I compete with an American colleague for the most audits per time served - this one has Europe as a destination. No one will suspect me to sneak into Switzerland ... they know I will.
Thank goodness for the Schengen Agreement. There won't be any evidence if you sneak into Switzerland.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Thank goodness for the Schengen Agreement. There won't be any evidence if you sneak into Switzerland.
No question of sneaking in, we all know now
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:44 pm

Security Staff Strike - TXL - 07JAN

Due to a Verdi trade union warning strike of the security personnel at Berlin Airports on 7 January 2019 from 5:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m., for SWISS flights to/from Berlin Tegel flight delays or cancellations may be expected. [notice on swiss.com]

There's nothing on LH.com about the strike as far as I can see but according to AFP/France24:

Hundreds of German passengers were facing travel upheaval on Monday with security staff at Berlin's two airports set to walk out in a pay dispute.
The action, called by the powerful Verdi union at the German capital's Tegel and Schoenefeld airports, is due to start at 05:00 am (0400 GMT) and end at 8:45 am.
Some 80 flights are expected to be affected, according to DPA news agency, mostly at the city's main Tegel airport.
German flagship carrier Lufthansa said it was cancelling four flights on its Berlin-Frankfurt route and four more between Berlin and Munich.
The roughly 850 passengers booked on those flights could use their tickets to travel by train instead, Lufthansa added.

https://www.france24.com/en/20190106...-monday-strike
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:45 pm

There's nothing on LH.com about the strike as far as I can see
It only appears if you visit lufthansa.com/de. Same with all other notices like the weather in MUC. I'm currently in NZ and when visiting lh.com I'm redirected to lufthansa.com/nz and the notice does not appear.

Thank you LH IT
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
It only appears if you visit lufthansa.com/de. Same with all other notices like the weather in MUC. I'm currently in NZ and when visiting lh.com I'm redirected to lufthansa.com/nz and the notice does not appear.

Thank you LH IT
I did check Lufthansa's German site and could not see anything on the front page where such notices usually appear. I still can't see anything either.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:12 am

I did check Lufthansa's German site and could not see anything on the front page where such notices usually appear. I still can't see anything either.
I think you're right, today it doesn't seem to be the case. The notice is in the "time table and flight status" page.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Not even if it's the first port of entry?

When the Kantonspolizist scans my passport?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:28 pm

Not even if it's the first port of entry?
Arriving on LH?

When the Kantonspolizist scans my passport?
Hopefully the data is not transmitted to your employer though if you are sneaking into entering Switzerland from another Schengen country it seems unlikely.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:40 am

Flight schedule disrupted by strikes by Frankfurt security staff on Tuesday, 15. January

Due to a strike by the security staff at the airport, Lufthansa Group flights to and from Frankfurt will be considerably impaired next Tuesday, 15. January. Flight cancellations will be published on Sunday afternoon, 13. January.

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-information
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:47 am

UK media must be desperate for anything other than the fiasco happening in Westminster (sorry I try not to go into the OMNI territory). There was a few centimetres of snow at MAN this morning and someone sitting on the 630am Lufthansa flight to FRA tweeted.

A number of media companies contacted him for permission to use his video and wanting to interview him. He also posteda picture of a Lufthansa cookie later.

P.S. The same guy later tweeted some passengers were drinking beer at 745am. @IAN-UK should be pleased to know.
worldclubber likes this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 30, 2019 at 7:52 am
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
[QUOTE

P.S. The same guy later tweeted some passengers were drinking beer at 745am. .[/QUOTE]

Only some pax ???

Very unusual day at MAN then
worldclubber and yurtripper like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I've noticed that these days every time it snows in the UK the media call it a "weather bomb" or "beast from the east".

Like you say, just a few cm of snow is enough to cause a media frenzy and generalised transport meltdowns (let's not even talk about the trains.. 12 Years a Slave on the SWT misery line, been there done that)
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I've noticed that these days every time it snows in the UK the media call it a "weather bomb" or "beast from the east".

Like you say, just a few cm of snow is enough to cause a media frenzy and generalised transport meltdowns (let's not even talk about the trains.. 12 Years a Slave on the SWT misery line, been there done that)
I suppose they might have started shovelling and scraping before the airport opened.

But that would have taken a measure of organisation. And we're talking Manchester. Guess they were taken by surprise again.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.