The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
CDG Sen lounge not bad!

As one who has criticized LH lounges in the past, I have to give credit where it is due. I'm in the Sen lounge at CDG for the first time in a year and I have to say it is quite nice. And they even let me in while flying with JP on a super cheap ticket! And though there are several nearly full flights leaving tonight, the lounge is peaceful and not crowded.

Two full bottles of Jacquart Champagne. ^ AF doesn't even serve Champagne in their short haul lounge.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 5:17 pm
hch

I flew FRA-SFO yesterday. First interesting thing is that there was no normal formal secondary security for US flights anymore, which was still around for my last MUC-SFO in April. Has this been changed in MUC, too? In SFO we had to wait over an hour for immigration the agent only took four fingerpints. I asked them if this is new, and he tolds me that's because I visit so often. Did this happen to anyone else? In fact so often that he once again marked me for a secondary screening at customs. Unlike last one where I had a really stupid officer this one took only about 5 minutes. And yes, not I-94W forms anymore, although the passengers on the SQ flight before us still had them.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:24 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Flew out of MUC on Jun 25 and the secondary security for the US was still there. However, they seem to pick families and old people and let them bypass the security when things get busy.

Immigration is indeed 4 fingers only when you are stored in the system and travel frequently to the US.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Alpenrundflug....

www.lufthansa.com/alpenrundflug

Just got the email, Y/C/F window seats where already gone, and as I was booking my Y middle seat for 96€ it also vanished

Why publish such campaign if you don't have any seats left? Not paying 399€ for the Z option.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:04 am

As the M&M lounge thread became one of the longest most visited (non-OMNI) threads on FT with the potential to slow down the system or create a unfavorable experience to those trying to access it (the user just gets a time out error if its too much for the database that runs FT), I just copied the recent posts and the headers out of the old thread to set up a new thread. The old lounge thread remains archived, but just closed.

Best regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:20 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Alpenrundflug....

www.lufthansa.com/alpenrundflug

Just got the email, Y/C/F window seats where already gone, and as I was booking my Y middle seat for 96€ it also vanished

Why publish such campaign if you don't have any seats left? Not paying 399€ for the Z option.
I will be on the LH 380 flight.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I wouldn't waste too much time on these A380 events. There will be plenty of time in the future where will spend more than enough time in this metal tube.

I am quite un-enthusiastic about this bird, especially considering the outdated C seats installed.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I wouldn't waste too much time on these A380 events. There will be plenty of time in the future where will spend more than enough time in this metal tube.

I am quite un-enthusiastic about this bird, especially considering the outdated C seats installed.
I agree completely. I few the SQ A380 and the experience in biz was exactly the same as on their 773w. Nothing beats upstairs on the 744.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:22 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I'm surprised people are willing to pay €999 for a short sightseeing flight. Just as well the proceeds are going to charity. ^

But who am I to accuse them, having paid a lot more for much shorter flights on LHPJ.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I'm surprised people are willing to pay €999 for a short sightseeing flight. Just as well the proceeds are going to charity. ^

But who am I to accuse them, having paid a lot more for much shorter flights on LHPJ.
I thought you paid for a bunch of miles, 6 eVouchers and PJ flights thrown in free of charge ?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:52 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

I thought you paid for a bunch of miles, 6 eVouchers and PJ flights thrown in free of charge ?
Yes, so I can hopefully spend them to fly in F on the A380. And I've got a shiny (mass-produced) black card thrown in as well.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, so I can hopefully spend them to fly in F on the A380. And I've got a shiny (mass-produced) black card thrown in as well.
Anyone in their right mind would have taken up this opportunity !
Lack of sanity at LH can be questioned though...
Moving on and on a related noted the "Wolfgang Mayrhuber hospital for the mentally insane" will open for business soon !
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:45 pm

Moving on and on a related noted the "Wolfgang Mayrhuber hospital for the mentally insane" will open for business soon !
An institution for Manager(s) of the Year(s)?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by szg
I will be on the LH 380 flight.
How many miles are you going to get?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 2:28 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
How many miles are you going to get?
0 miles. But we are a small group and we will enjoy the fun.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.