Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Germanwings uses LH B747 between CGN and PMI

According to airliners.de, Germanwings wetleased a B747 from Lufthansa to operate a return flight between Cologne and Palma de Mallorca. Due to the strike in Spain, they had to cancel three flights recently and need to bring back a larger number of guests.

According to the article, the flight is completely full. So some lucky Germanwings customers potentially sat in C and F for their 19 Euro ticket (most tickets are of course more expensive than that!)
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
According to airliners.de, Germanwings wetleased a B747 from Lufthansa to operate a return flight between Cologne and Palma de Mallorca. Due to the strike in Spain, they had to cancel three flights recently and need to bring back a larger number of guests.

According to the article, the flight is completely full. So some lucky Germanwings customers potentially sat in C and F for their 19 Euro ticket (most tickets are of course more expensive than that!)
And there's LH trying to flog F tickets to PMI for €999 on the A380!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Well, it's the fare difference for new F on the whale
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:15 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Not any more. They're sold out.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Not any more. They're sold out.
New F seems to be quite the rave - I'll give it a try once it's available on my usual commute! In the meantime I'll have to slum it out in old F.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:26 pm

New F seems to be quite the rave - I'll give it a try once it's available on my usual commute! In the meantime I'll have to slum it out in old F.
You are a patient waiter :-) Either BKK gets the A380 or you might turn five years older in between
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:41 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
In the meantime I'll have to slum it out in old F.
My commiseration.

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
You are a patient waiter :-) Either BKK gets the A380 or you might turn five years older in between
Or you could have booked a day trip to PMI.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:58 pm
hch

No working internet in the FCL MUC today. Apparently already all day and "T-Mobile is working on it"..
Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hch
No working internet in the FCL MUC today. Apparently already all day and "T-Mobile is working on it"..
Same here at the FCT - I keep getting kicked out (of t-mobile ...not FCT) every couple of minutes. I already lost a couple of valuable posts !
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:04 pm
hch

Same here at the FCT - I keep getting kicked out (of t-mobile ...not FCT) every couple of minutes. I already lost a couple of valuable posts !
apparently it was completely down - at least the lounge personal told me to not bother. I'll arrive back in MUC this afternoon, and because of the awesome food I had yesterday I'll have to stop at the FCL for a dinner before driving home, which mean I can check for the status.

For anyone stopping by in the MUC FCL - try the steak with carrots and dumplings - it's simply awesome!

Last edited by hch; Sep 30, 2010 at 9:59 pm
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:34 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by hch
For anyone stopping by in the MUC FCL - try the streak with carrots and dumpings - it's simply awesome!
Thanks for the advice.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
There is an article about boarding procedures in todays FTD. Might be interesting for all those who complain about LH not having a propper and consitant boarding procedure at all.

BTW: According to the article the best procedure would be an outside-in boarding where pax with window seats board first and aisle seats last. American West used to use this procedure and they were able to reduce boarding time by 20%. Interestingly pax perferred priority boarding and with the takeover by US they replaced outside-in boarding by priority boarding again...
Old Oct 1, 2010, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by totti
There is an article about boarding procedures in todays FTD. Might be interesting for all those who complain about LH not having a propper and consitant boarding procedure at all.

BTW: According to the article the best procedure would be an outside-in boarding where pax with window seats board first and aisle seats last. American West used to use this procedure and they were able to reduce boarding time by 20%. Interestingly pax perferred priority boarding and with the takeover by US they replaced outside-in boarding by priority boarding again...
LH used to have this concept many moons ago (zone concept) - but they gave up as nobody followed the rules.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 4:08 am

Most interesting about this article was the idea of having a boarding carpet where people stand on before boarding
Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:42 am

does anyone have a link to the article, i can't seem to find it on their website...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.