Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 3:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Nice One!

It really depends where you post- if posting on the M&M forum you get only 0.5 of a post credit- on some other Star Alliance carrier forums you still tend to get a whole post credit
If you post in non *A forums you don't get any post credit - unless you change allegeiance.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If you post in non *A forums you don't get any post credit - unless you change allegeiance.
Or if they have partner status but not * alliance status in which case you do get the post credit however are not entitled to any of the forum benefits UNLESS it is a code share thread in which case you do get the benefits however you will have to work with the MOD to make sure they understand which benefits you are entitled to as they may have not up-to-date information.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 5:18 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Nice One!

It really depends where you post- if posting on the M&M forum you get only 0.5 of a post credit- on some other Star Alliance carrier forums you still tend to get a whole post credit
How did you manage to get to 10k posts under the old 1:1 post-earning rules?! (and thus earning lifetime FlyerTalk Evangelist Status).

I might have to quit posting here and go to another alliance forum where my posts earn a proper amount of credit. I think it is totally unfair that I post almost exclusively premium posts that require investment of much thought and typing time, and then the post books into one of those crappy 0,5:1 posting credit fare-classes. This forum has been enhanced away almost completely!

...does anyone know if the BA forum will do a status match challenge if I post at least 1.000 replies per month for three months? Or should I move my future posts over to the A3 forum, where I have heard one can earn Evangelist status with only 3k posts...
Old Jun 10, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
How did you manage to get to 10k posts under the old 1:1 post-earning rules?! (and thus earning lifetime FlyerTalk Evangelist Status).
It was something to do with ordering pizzas online and then having them delivered to a certain house- if you did it during the bonus registration period and posted while subscribing to this forum with a specific Flyertalk credit card you were eligible for 8500 posts credit. Then I had one "involuntary denied posting" credit which gave me 500 posts. The rest I wrote.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
It was something to do with ordering pizzas online and then having them delivered to a certain house- if you did it during the bonus registration period and posted while subscribing to this forum with a specific Flyertalk credit card you were eligible for 8500 posts credit. Then I had one "involuntary denied posting" credit which gave me 500 posts. The rest I wrote.
LOL
Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

You shouldn't need to be a fan of FRA or LH to find this photo by Felix Gottwald of LH longhaul fleet at Pier A+ impressive.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...14094122_n.jpg

From left to right they are Boeing 747-400, Airbus A380, A340-600, A330, Boeing 747-400, 747-8 and Airbus A340-300
Old Jun 22, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
You shouldn't need to be a fan of FRA or LH to find this photo by Felix Gottwald of LH longhaul fleet at Pier A+ impressive.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...14094122_n.jpg

From left to right they are Boeing 747-400, Airbus A380, A340-600, A330, Boeing 747-400, 747-8 and Airbus A340-300
^
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
According to the cover of the NUE airport report lying about in the Sen Lounge LH will be reintroducing 727s to NUE.

Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thats a tail of a CRJ900...
Old Jun 23, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Thats a tail of a CRJ900...
Just seeing if anyone would notice
Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
When flying within Europe, I try to fly SK in C as much as I can.

Now that they have downgraded intra-Europe to SASPlus as the new "C", I am finding a new carrier for C travel. I guess LH would be the most logical with nicer aircraft and lounges, but connecting in FRA is annoying as hell for Schengen entry.

(just rambling...)
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad

Now that they have downgraded intra-Europe to SASPlus as the new "C", I am finding a new carrier for C travel. I guess LH would be the most logical with nicer aircraft and lounges, but connecting in FRA is annoying as hell for Schengen entry.

(just rambling...)
is MUC an option for you instead of FRA? Generally much better xfer experience.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad

(just rambling...)
C within Europe on LH with the newish NEK product is not worth the money. The only marginally good product left in Europe is BA however connecting through LHR is really a poor experience. See if you can just fly direct to where you are headed and skip the hubs.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:04 am

2013 GlobeRunner Award Winners Announced

Who on earth voted for these "winners"?

– Best First Class Lounges: Lufthansa
– Best Business Class Lounges: Swiss International Air Lines
– Best Frequent Flyer Program: Lufthansa Miles & More

http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler....berunner-2013/
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
shush... they also voted FT to be the best general travel site, so they must know their stuff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.