Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:55 am
hch

It's never a good day if you read B12 on your ex-FRA BP..
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by hch
B60 isn't much better.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hch
If you'd kept your shiny black card you would have been driven there from the FCL (if you could wait for 10 more days), but the new Schengen SEN lounge is a little closer to the tunnel than the A26 lounge.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:20 am
hch

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If you'd kept your shiny black card you would have been driven there from the FCL (if you could wait for 10 more days), but the new Schengen SEN lounge is a little closer to the tunnel than the A26 lounge.
I'm very much looking forward to the new one. Given that usually my connection involves arriving and/or departing at A2-10 the new location will be a huge benefit.

I'm also really looking forward to the day when they close down the B Schengen days, assuming they will one day.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:40 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by hch
I'm very much looking forward to the new one. Given that usually my connection involves arriving and/or departing at A2-10 the new location will be a huge benefit.
I haven't seen the new Schengen lounges (apart from the FCL) but judging by what the non-Schengen lounges look like they should be very nice. I hope to check out the Schengen lounges in 10 days' time and will report back.

I'm also really looking forward to the day when they close down the B Schengen days, assuming they will one day.
According to LH's propaganda material, about 70% of short and medium-haul flights will dock directly at terminal building following the opening of Pier A+.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:45 am
hch

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
According to LH's propaganda material, about 70% of short and medium-haul flights will dock directly at terminal building following the opening of Pier A+.
Which doesn't mean much. Three of the B-Schengen gates can be used as jetway gates (B9, B10, B19), so they'd count towards that number, although I would much prefer a bus gate close to the root of A.

Nevermind that the little planes I'm on (Dash 8, CRJ, etc) will probably never get a gate in FRA, even if airports in the US sometimes have special mini jetbridges for these sort of aircraft. Not that I'm going to complain - as mentioned above I much prefer a central bus gate over a very remote contact gate.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 6:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Delta is offering 40000 bonus miles and more

http://awesomescreenshot.com/019igltbf
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I wish I had 40.000 miles in my account, I could have a 600€ return trip to Asia. With a 450€ YQ surcharge, of course.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:44 am

Both lufthansa.com and miles-and-more.com appear to be down "for maintenance".
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
All good now.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 5:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Karstadt, LH & WMF are giving away swag and tickets: http://www.karstadt.de/Lufthansa/k/?kid=897829
Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:44 am

This evening's LH419 appears to be operated by one of those elongated 748i's but more importantly the seat next to me on the upper deck is blocked. ^ Let's hope it stays that way so I don't have to try and climb over my seat neighbour.

P.S. Unfortunately seat blocking did not last. I blame United GPUs

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 16, 2012 at 9:23 am
Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:41 am

While searching the forum for a thread merger I found this old thread from 2004 about changing FFPs after the desaster that was August 2004:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...iles-more.html
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:24 am

Any of you interested in receiving/sending a xmas gift from/to another FTer this year take a look at this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ravaganza.html

I'm currently trying to figure out what to send down under...
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:34 pm

744 F and C cabins circa. 1991

A glimpse of LH's 744 F & C cabins circa. 1991 may be found in YouTube video clips posted in the Japan forum (21 year-old TV documentary about NRT control tower in 4 parts). Much of parts 2 and 3 is devoted to Lufthansa's latest and greatest 744 D-ABVF getting ready for departure to Frankfurt (though it briefly changed into D-ABVB during the pushback!), with cockpit and cabin views before takeoff and during the flight and finally landing in FRA (at the end of part 3).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3k4sfzRmwE (part 2) Starting at 06:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJom8LKUU9U (part 3)

Here are some images from the video.

It looks like LH did not allow the camera into the Y cabin. The second C cabin looks like 2-4-2.

The departure of LH711 was delayed by 26 minutes because a passenger carrying works of art worth over 100 million yen was delayed by the customs (13:45). NRT only had one runway at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.