Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If this would be a flight to BOM I would say there are some filmstars flying home. Lets see. Been away too long from India to recognise any of them though.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Did LH really sell 4-5 F seats in the past 3-4 days?
I've seen families of 4 in the F cabin plenty of times. It doesn't take 3-4 days. It just takes a few minutes to knock out 4 seats. I've also seen two couple together in F several times. Looking like swingers to me! Or maybe they were just happy to be rich.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did LH really sell 4-5 F seats in the past 3-4 days?

Your speculations please.
My speculation is Yes.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Hey, I'm in row two, so if they keep the mile high experience quiet in the lav they can do whatever they want. I'm just concerned about the short flight time (7h20m), if the others decide to party I'm going to loose precious sleep. (Spoken like a true FTer, I know)
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey, I'm in row two, so if they keep the mile high experience quiet in the lav they can do whatever they want. I'm just concerned about the short flight time (7h20m), if the others decide to party I'm going to loose precious sleep. (Spoken like a true FTer, I know)
No, I wouldn't worry- explain to the FA you don't want to be disturbed (i.e. Eat), put on your eyeshades and insert the earplugs, wake up 15 minutes prior to landing- it will be fine. Most likely it is probably a group of excecutive "partiers" travelling to a meeting anyway- so they might be asleep or working before you. Of course, as an FTer you already know this anyway.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:18 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.216 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/114)

Hmm.. Two semi famous indian industrialists (father and son) and a few western business men, probably upgrades. No maximisers, most of them are already in PJs on the ground
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:30 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Hmm.. Two semi famous indian industrialists (father and son) and a few western business men, probably upgrades. No maximisers, most of them are already in PJs on the ground
So you are the only US DM maximiser?
Old Sep 17, 2010, 1:09 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.216 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/114)

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
So you are the only US DM maximiser?
Not really... A colleague was flying to DXB so we couldn't get into the FCL, the SEN H lounge was full, so we had a coffee in the C lounge. then I was nearly last to board, so no PJs (only after take off, but then only two sizes larger ). The 10yr star Chef menu didn't appeal, so after a 'quick' dreamers delight that took nearly T+2h to complete I got only two 1/2 hours of sleep because we had tailwinds. Maximising will be done tuesday (10hr flight from ccu, flying fra-zrh-muc as there is no availability on the direct due to the oktoberfest
Old Sep 17, 2010, 1:32 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG

You broke their hearts now!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 8:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Not really... A colleague was flying to DXB so we couldn't get into the FCL, the SEN H lounge was full, so we had a coffee in the C lounge. then I was nearly last to board, so no PJs (only after take off, but then only two sizes larger ). The 10yr star Chef menu didn't appeal, so after a 'quick' dreamers delight that took nearly T+2h to complete I got only two 1/2 hours of sleep because we had tailwinds. Maximising will be done tuesday (10hr flight from ccu, flying fra-zrh-muc as there is no availability on the direct due to the oktoberfest
Sounds like a minor disaster for a would-be maximiser.

I'll miss you by 24 hours in the ZRH FCL. No free internet anywhere in the airport according to the lounge reception.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Sounds like a minor disaster for a would-be maximiser.

I'll miss you by 24 hours in the ZRH FCL. No free internet anywhere in the airport according to the lounge reception.
The ZRH FCL has Internet vouchers which can be used in the entire airport in the Sunrise network. (1h validity, so ask for several)
Anyway, even without this the 24h charge is quite low. Iirc 4,90 CHF?
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
The ZRH FCL has Internet vouchers which can be used in the entire airport in the Sunrise network. (1h validity, so ask for several)
Anyway, even without this the 24h charge is quite low. Iirc 4,90 CHF?
I asked in the FCL and this is what I was told. Yes, I noticed the 24 hr charge was quite low but I only had less than 30 mins and was too mean to pay for it.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I asked in the FCL and this is what I was told. Yes, I noticed the 24 hr charge was quite low but I only had less than 30 mins and was too mean to pay for it.
Very strange- they always give the vouchers if you ask for them (2X last week no problems at all).
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Very strange- they always give the vouchers if you ask for them (2X last week no problems at all).
Cessna HON stigma again?!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cessna HON stigma again?!
Ha Ha.. I don't think the lounge can possibly know NewbieRunner
However- and here starts the famous debate once again (hopefully not)- I have seen HON+ on the manifest- which begs the question is there also a HON-? I asked the Purser what HON+ meant and she told me she had no idea...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.