Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Lobster Thermidor on TG F ex SYD, starters, were Caviar & Foie Gras
Agree on the lobster!

Unfortunately, the TG caviar doesn’t do it for me. Didn’t even finish it.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:42 pm

You can ask them to, they are permitted to waive if it’s necessary, you can always hang up if they won’t do it
^

The just need a reason the can put into the system. Telling them it doesn’t work to book it online has always worked when I tried.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art
What about you guys? What was your favorite meal in the air so far?
I like things like the balik salmon, too, as they are not „standard“ across airlines.

Best meal is difficult to say, but I always enjoy the cheese fondue on LX with a glass of white. On my last flight I had two; fondues, not whites that is...

Concerning your statement about WK: European K meals used to be among the best, but since about 2017 I find them very disappointing.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Agree on the lobster!

Unfortunately, the TG caviar doesn’t do it for me. Didn’t even finish it.
Surprised you don’t like their Caviar, I prefer it to LH & a small tin to oneself is better presentation also, not that I’m otherwise a great fan of TG
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:59 am

Surprised you don’t like their Caviar, I prefer it to LH & a small tin to oneself is better presentation also, not that I’m otherwise a great fan of TG
I was surprised, too, as I generally enjoy caviar.

My last TG flight was sandwiched between LH and SQ F, and I liked the caviar on TG least. Maybe just an off jar.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by Nick Art
What about you guys? What was your favorite meal in the air so far?
To be honest, might have been the green pea soup on LX, served cold on my request instead of heated (but also tasty warm). In general their soups are all very nice. I’d take a great soup over a poorly cooked meat any day.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vixit
To be honest, might have been the green pea soup on LX, served cold on my request instead of heated (but also tasty warm). In general their soups are all very nice. I’d take a great soup over a poorly cooked meat any day.
Yes, I would always have a cream soup served warm but the soups ex ZRH on LX are fabulous 👍
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Vixit
I heard some celeb chefs saying that the only thing they would even consider eating on a plane would be things that reheat well: soups and curries.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unusual delay ex MAN today on LH941, much activity onto & off the plane as we waited for boarding to commence, multiple 10 minute delays & finally boarded 80 minutes late, reason given, they were carrying a medical passenger, who the Captain announced was so heavy they were unable to lift Her off in the usual way & ended up calling the Fire Brigade to extricate Her, that’s a new one..... unfortunately with a 1 hr delay into FRA, many pax lost their connections.......

Extraordinary circumstances ? LH accepted the medical pax & managed to load said pax & arrive into MAN ontime, bad planning at MAN to get pax offloaded ?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:37 am

Earliest possible check in time for LH915 at LHR

Hello, hopefully this is the correct place to ask this question instead of starting a new thread. We are booked to fly Biz class on LH915 from LHR to FRA. The flight is scheduled to leave at 5.30pm. Does anyone know what is the earliest time that we can check in luggage and proceed to the lounge? I tried calling Lufty but two people gave two different answers so I am now checking a better source of far more reliable info .

If the airline has flights throughout the day, could we check in luggage at any time of the day? Ideally, we want to check in luggage at 10am and go through security to the lounge, where we can get some work done while waiting for boarding. Could we check in luggage at 10am on the day for a flight that leaves at 5.30pm?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Yanshuf
Hello, hopefully this is the correct place to ask this question instead of starting a new thread. We are booked to fly Biz class on LH915 from LHR to FRA. The flight is scheduled to leave at 5.30pm. Does anyone know what is the earliest time that we can check in luggage and proceed to the lounge? I tried calling Lufty but two people gave two different answers so I am now checking a better source of far more reliable info .

If the airline has flights throughout the day, could we check in luggage at any time of the day? Ideally, we want to check in luggage at 10am and go through security to the lounge, where we can get some work done while waiting for boarding. Could we check in luggage at 10am on the day for a flight that leaves at 5.30pm?

Thanks in advance.
As long as the counter is open to check in an earlier flight, this shouldn't be a problem, as you could go to the lounge as early as you wish when flying with hand luggage only. However, the LH lounge at LHR is not worth going to the airport early for, if you have better things to do in London (and I can think of many ...).
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:06 am

Thanks. The lounge is not an attraction in itself; we just want the reassurance of getting to the airport early on what is expected to be a very busy day on the M25, and then getting some work done. Even this lounge will be better for working than sitting elsewhere in the departures terminal.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks in advance.
Absolutely no problem you can check in at LHR as soon as the counter opens & that’s very early & spend all day there in the lounge.
worldclubber and Yanshuf like this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:49 am

Thanks. The lounge is not an attraction in itself; we just want the reassurance of getting to the airport early on what is expected to be a very busy day on the M25, and then getting some work done. Even this lounge will be better for working than sitting elsewhere in the departures terminal.
The lounge does get busy during certain times and has a limited view. If you like a bit of a view and since you have plenty of time, it may be worthwhile checkin out the UA, AC and/or SQ lounges.
chris63 and Yanshuf like this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:49 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Today I come here with a little different post:

In an upcoming journey I had LH84 FRA-DUS cancelled and the connection on DUS-ZRH hence impossible.
So in the evening I called LH and tried to resolve this, The agent then told me to wait and after 20 minutes she just hung up. Nice. (On the call I was then asked to answer a quick quality survey- heh) I'll give the benefit of the doubt here and say it surely was an accident or another technical fault.

Anyway, later that evening I called again at approx. midnight which then obviously forwarded me to some overseas call center where I was greeted in english. I was expecting the worst obviously but I was extremely pleasantly surprised. The agent was not only really friendly and helpful but also skilled and knowledgeable which seems to be the exception nowadays. The experience was actually quite comparable to what you encounter with the Swiss Elite Call Center in Basel.
It took quite some time solving my issue and finding me some new flights since there were some availability issues (which the agent too found very surprising) but in the end I was rebooked on FRA-LHR-ZRH.

So I'm happy to say I've had a pleasant experience with the Cape Town call center. If only this would be the case whenever I have to deal with the LH hotline... It really puts into perspective on how pleasant such a call actually could be.

Has anybody else made similar good experiences with the Cape Town call center? Or was this a once in a lifetime unicorn I've encountered?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.