Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by MichielR
Looks pretty bent.
When did this happen?
Some days ago, video available in Twitter link on https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/l...mobile-stairs/

Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:10 am

Looks pretty bent.

When did this happen?
Only a few days ago, at FRA. The aircraft was amongst those going to CityLine, now possibly beyond repair.

G
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Vixit

On shorthaul you could argue that they are already testing it, considering that BRU-MUC the other day had zero service in Y, not even a glass of water. So the LSG situation becomes like a mini trial of having BoB where noone buys but just sits it out for an hour...

Personally I thought that the snack quality went up when SN changed to BoB years ago, although I usually still don’t buy. But SN went too far on the drinks side - I think the minimum offer should be like SK: free coffee, tea or a glass of water. On SN you even have to pay for that and moreover their ”coffee” is not worth anything, unless you aim for a summer-holiday-cottage-Nescafé-powder-emergency-coffee-and-by-the-way-the-jar-says-best-before-2007 experience.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I have come to the conclusion that you should never buy (or drink even if it's free) coffee on an aircraft. It's nearly always awful instant stuff. Having said that, I have had a few nice surprises on Alitalia (surprise, surprise) and even Eurowings (although I think that was the exception rather than the norm). I tend to go for the tea options and that usually brings no bad surprises.

I think the offering on SN is dreadful and I don't like any of it, overpriced junk you wouldn't look twice at normally. Eurowings, in fairness, has attempt to create something imaginative and there are some good things on the menu (but, sorry, nothing changes, I really don't like Eurowings and never will). If they had kept soft drinks, water, tea and coffee as the US carriers did, that would have made the whole BoB thing more palatable. I really think freely serving drinks (non alcoholic) should be obligatory on a plane.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Except for some freshly brewed by the cup Nespresso, I avoid coffee on planes. Usually much better coffee on the ground before and after the flight.
chris63 and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Only a few days ago, at FRA. The aircraft was amongst those going to CityLine, now possibly beyond repair.

G
Yes, it’s quite some dent, the stairs driver might need some retraining or reassignment
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Except for some freshly brewed by the cup Nespresso, I avoid coffee on planes. Usually much better coffee on the ground before and after the flight.
Yes, LH onboard coffee is dire.... except for the Nespresso in F, although all to often they seem to have ‘issues’ with the machine...
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Lavazza brew-in-a cup on Ryanair is quite decent. Definitely better than the coffee served onboard LH.

Perhaps another thing for Mr Spohr to complain about?! "Its unethical to serve decent coffee on a flight!". But on the other hand, I do understand why it is so, given the climate emergency and Helga's commitment to reducing her emissions then there would be a lot more aluminium waste from the Nespresso capsules (or plastic if she is only able to afford the Nespresso compatible collection due to her bottom line issues) plus the extra fuel uplift for each 5.2g capsule.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
The Lavazza brew-in-a cup on Ryanair is quite decent. Definitely better than the coffee served onboard LH.

Perhaps another thing for Mr Spohr to complain about?! "Its unethical to serve decent coffee on a flight!". But on the other hand, I do understand why it is so, given the climate emergency and Helga's commitment to reducing her emissions then there would be a lot more aluminium waste from the Nespresso capsules (or plastic if she is only able to afford the Nespresso compatible collection due to her bottom line issues) plus the extra fuel uplift for each 5.2g capsule.
That’s probably why they limit nespresso to premium cabins, reducing the number of capsules they have to carry.

Generally, I try to avoid anything made from the water available on board ...
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by worldclubber; Aug 8, 2019 at 2:19 am Reason: changed F to premium cabins; thanks to MichielR for the reminder
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by worldclubber

That’s probably why they limit nespresso to F, reducing the number of capsules they have to carry.

Generally, I try to avoid anything made from the water available on board ...
Nespresso is also available in (long haul) C but the machines are often “broken” - this happens especially often during busy times...
hugolover and worldclubber like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:20 am

Nespresso is also available in (long haul) C but the machines are often “broken” - this happens especially often during busy times...
As all of my long-hauls this year so far were in F, I wasn't sure about Nespresso in J. Good to hear that they are supposed too have it, as I have this year's first J long-haul coming up this month (on a non-F route).
MichielR likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They couldn’t get the machine to work properly on last nights flight in F, maybe it came out in sympathy with the cameras & flight information which was also not functioning....
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by chris63
They couldn’t get the machine to work properly on last nights flight in F, maybe it came out in sympathy with the cameras & flight information which was also not functioning....
Catering issues, no nespresso, no cameras, no inflight information ... champagne seems to be the only things one can rely on right now.
chris63, MichielR and hugolover like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,

I would expect them to use the C galley espresso machine for F pax. That trick doesn’t work for the cameras though
worldclubber likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would expect them to use the C galley espresso machine for F pax. That trick doesn’t work for the cameras though
Maybe that one wasn’t working properly either, worst Cappuccino I have had in ages.... gave up in the end & went for more LPGS , nothing wrong with the froth on that
MichielR and worldclubber like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:33 am

Maybe that one wasn’t working properly either, worst Cappuccino I have had in ages.... gave up in the end & went for more LPGS , nothing wrong with the froth on that
As long as they don't sprinkle chocolate on it ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.