Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:04 am

Huh, I never seen that retro-livery 748 before!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by klausa
Huh, I never seen that retro-livery 748 before!
Here is a picture of D-ABYT in its "retro" livery, courtesy of Aero Shots/Lufthansa Flyer.

-YT has been in service in this livery for almost a year now.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:37 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
It appears that D-ABYT/LH400 was only one of the five LH Group flights to JFK today with all female crew (actually 63 women and one man since OS has female captains but none who can fly B767, so the captain of OS87 was male).

The five flights and crew were:

SN501 BRU-JFK 2 pilots (f) 8 flight attendants (f)
OS087 VIE-JFK 1 pilot (f), 1 pilot (m) 8 flight attendants (f)
LH400 FRA-JFK 3 pilots (f) 16 flight attendants (f)
LX022 GVA-JFK 2 pilots (f) 10 flight attendants (f)
LH410 MUC-JFK 2 pilots (f) 11 flight attendants (f)
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:18 am

Good, old, heavy-handed, customer friendly LH (arguably DKB, but anyway).

I needed to buy some tickets exceeding my LH credit card limit, so I moved some money through bank transfer from my checking account to the card. It took forever, but that seems to be SOP with German banks.

When I tried to pay, the card wouldn't work because of the transition from Securecode to SMS authentication, which I had done months ago but clearly was broken. Or maybe it didn't work because I was buying tickets on SQ

Fine, used another credit card (I really wanted those award miles but hey, securing the tickets was more important), no problem.

Now I had this huge balance on the LH card, so I figured I'd simply transfer the money back to my account using the bank transfer facility. The transfer failed, but again I figured it was not a problem since I was going to use that balance over the next few months and it earns interest anyway.

Fast forward to today, and I receive a slightly menacing letter from DKB saying that transferring money from the LH card balance to an account in the same name as the owner of the card is not allowed, and I better not pull that kind of stunt anymore.

I take responsibility since it's my fault for not having read the rules, but is it really necessary to try and intimidate your customers?

Happy friday everyone
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If I plan a large purchase I usually call ahead, ask DKB to tempoarily bump up my credit limit.

You can also transfer a positive balance back to your account with the transfer service??
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can also transfer a positive balance back to your account with the transfer service??
I think that was my mistake. I tried to transfer more than what I had put on, and that is not allowed.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:05 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Lufthansa reports near miss with drone over Los Angeles

The pilot of a Lufthansa passenger jumbo jet reported a drone aircraft nearly collided with the airliner on Friday on its landing approach to Los Angeles International Airport, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.

The close encounter between the wide-body, four-engine Airbus A380 and the drone occurred at about 1:30 p.m. at an altitude of 5,000 feet (152 meters) as the unmanned aircraft passed about 200 feet (61 meters) over the Lufthansa flight 14 miles (22.5 km) east of the airport, the FAA said.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ca...-idUSKCN0WL01B
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:19 am

Austrian ends Tokyo service in September 2016 and starts Hong Kong service

According to Airlineroute.net:

Austrian yesterday has announced the closure of Vienna – Tokyo Narita service, as the airline closed reservation for flights on/after 04SEP16 (NRT from 05SEP16).

However, OS is starting to fly to Hong Kong on 5 September as well as increasing the frequency of VIE-PVG (which started yesterday) from 5 times per week to daily.

https://www.austrian.com/Info/Flight..._lang=en&cc=AT

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 7, 2016 at 5:19 am
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

Austrian yesterday has announced the closure of Vienna – Tokyo Narita service, as the airline closed reservation for flights on/after 04SEP16 (NRT from 05SEP16).

However, OS is starting to fly to Hong Kong on 5 September as well as increasing the frequency of VIE-PVG (which started yesterday) from 5 times per week to daily.

bummer. I was thinking about this some time ago, too much schnaeppchen availability lately must mean the loads are not great. Pity, was a convenient route.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 3:06 pm

Hardly surprising if you look at the economics, though..
Old Apr 8, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton

Sounds like the grass is greener further south these days...at least for OS.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:47 pm

Just completed another pointless M&M online survey. One of the questions was

Have I got the answer right?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Just completed another pointless M&M online survey. One of the questions was

Have I got the answer right?
They'll probably interpret your answer as "our customers agree that our fees are too low".
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:03 am

I filled that out too. It was mind-bogglingly long and dull.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by klausa
I filled that out too. It was mind-bogglingly long and dull.
Also some dubious translation into English.

"In the following section we are interested in hearing your opinions on various aspects of Miles & More. After hearing each statement, please tell me how far you feel it applies to Miles & More."

"There are many ways of collecting miles on Lufthansa flights even with special fares"

"The possibilities of collecting miles with the use of Lufthansa credit card are various"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.