Wiki Posts
Search

Not Using Connecting Sectors

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2010, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More Senator, CX Marco Polo Club, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by paffendorf
This is something regarding the condition of carriage. These are rules you are requested to accept and subscribe, and when you tick the box and you buy the ticket, you have a contract with Lufthansa or any other airline.
You are right. But consumers will always try to find ways of getting round regulations, even when they are in the wrong.

I think what I'm going to do is actually fly the first segment (HKG-MNL) , even though it's on another carrier. I don't want to risk turning up at HKG and make up excuses about why I didn't fly the first leg. The return sectors are also via HKG, where it's easier to not take the final sector to MNL.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 5:39 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
fratboy, tearing the last coupon is another pair of hands.
You can always say "I had to change my plans".
This happened to me with BA ticket. I was likely to use the last coupon on a different day, but I was told the ticket couldn't be changed after departure and the same agent invited me to trash it, buying a new ticket for the new date.

This is - in my opinion - a completely different matter.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by trooper
True..

...but you seem to be ignoring the very clear explanation upthread that while the German court ruling DOES apparently affect what LH can do in relation to coupons being used out of sequence, the ruling ALSO made it clear that LH was free to control the problem by other means...

IE... offer a MUCH more expensive fare that allows ANY sequence.. then charge anyone trying it on with a cheaper fare the (substantial?) upfare to that more flexible ticket

Thats how I read it anyway.....<Shrug!>
You are right. If you agree to a T&C as clicking a box indicating you have to pay a higher fare, this should be part of the contract.
But that's new not was in system 1 year ago.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
If I understood correctly, So what u r saying is that say u want to fly C from FRA - BKK and u find a cheaper fare from say LON - BKK via FRA u book that and then take another flight to go from FRA - LON ?? hmmmm.. ofcourse this is assuming the fare difference is much more than the 1 extra ticket u buy for FRA - LON.. ?
That's what I very often do ex-HEL on AY. Short hop (70-100€) to ARN or TLL and savings in the 1000€ range to NRT/HKG/KIX/etc in C
Old Jul 9, 2010, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by bertheike
You are right. If you agree to a T&C as clicking a box indicating you have to pay a higher fare, this should be part of the contract.
But that's new not was in system 1 year ago.
Obviously you fail to understand one issue: The court held that a clause in GTC stipulating the invalidity of the entire ticket is void. However, the airline is always free to reprice the fare because the court accepted the different fare structures.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by paffendorf
This is - in my opinion - a completely different matter.

Fully agree. No airline can force to you fly a sector. However, there might be consequences for the ticket and/or the fare. I never cared under the old T&C because the last cupon simply became void. It will be interesting whether or not this policy will now change to repricing.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Fully agree. No airline can force to you fly a sector. However, there might be consequences for the ticket and/or the fare. I never cared under the old T&C because the last cupon simply became void. It will be interesting whether or not this policy will now change to repricing.
I think that it will be difficult. Let's consider a change in plans which obliges you to stop before your last sector. Maybe you would be ready to use the last coupon if this was changeable, but being not possible you *must* waste it. The airline should prove that you had deliberately bought the ticket thinking of tearing the last coupon.
I don't think they can enforce it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.