FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Flight canceled and fare class changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1102016-flight-canceled-fare-class-changes.html)

AEpilot76 Jul 4, 2010 9:23 am

Flight canceled and fare class changes

I'm a CO *G and was flying LEJ-MUC-JFK yesterday. The LEJ-MUC leg canceled for maintenance so at the ticket counter they rebooked us LEJ-FRA-JFK several hours later. I noticed the fare class changed from the original V to Y. I obviously have no issue with it since it's 150% elite miles but I'm wondering if this is a computer glitch or the normal during irrops on LH?

Thoughts?

Thanks

red star Jul 4, 2010 9:48 am

I guess the canceled flight LEJ-MUC was LH1119 op Cityline around 9am?! I don't buy their story any longer since that very flight allegedly went mx on 4 out of 6 of my LH1119 flights just this year.
It is pretty common to be rebooked into a higher BC in case of an operational rerouting. Enjoy the miles.

AEpilot76 Jul 4, 2010 9:56 am

Yes it was the 9am flight. They said it was a birdstrike on the inbound flight.
Thx for the info on the fare class

Rambuster Jul 4, 2010 10:13 am

Probably only higher booking classes were available for rebooking. Enjoy the extra miles!

AEpilot76 Jul 4, 2010 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 14241906)
Probably only higher booking classes were available for rebooking. Enjoy the extra miles!

I thought about that but the other person traveling with me (no status) was rebooked In M class. I wasn't sure if they gave the Y class to me since had * G or if it was just a fluke

oliver2002 Jul 4, 2010 12:01 pm

Maybe there was no more availability in the other classes or they ran a mass update in LH ops to reaccomodate and you just got lucky.

During the snow chaos in February I was booked MUC-FRA-ARN in E and when the MUC-FRA shuttle got cancelled I manged to get rebooked onto the direct SK in Y (first it was auto rebooked via FRA, but one request to the F ticket counter fixed that :)). Since Y is eco extra on SK I got a full dinner out of it :) Strangely the cancelled flight segment posted in E, and when I filed a retroclaim they gave me the original E miles. :( Knew that was coming, but hey I got an op-up into SK Y.^

riku2 Jul 5, 2010 4:38 am

I've been booking tickets almost a year in advance to get a good price and often the flights are changed and rebooked by LH. If they give me a bad connection (eg 6h in frankfurt) then I call them and they rebook something better, but often the new booking class is different even though I don't have to pay anything for the rebooking.
And the miles are credited as per the new booking class (although it's normally the 750 miles class, but at least it's better than the 125miles i would get otherwise).

more4less Jul 5, 2010 12:04 pm

In the last 2 years I have been rebooked in a different carrier/class a few times.
The worse situation was a missed connection with LX, where I had a Biz upg fare, which was not valid in Lot, so I had to fly Eco, but they reimburse me the 100 euros which I had paid for 2 segments, and one I had already flown in C, so not too bad.
In one of the LH strikes I went to the aiport because the flights were operating, according the the LH web, and finally they got cancelled for operational reasons :confused:. My ticket was in U and I was rebooked in OK Y fare, so +miles in FB. ;)
The best was a missed connection with AZ(cheapest booking class), rerouted to LH full Y, and at the end op-uped. ^

Never happened to me, but the best would be to be rerouted with a F award into a different alliance, and get F miles :D